Does the ufc need to sign more 170 fighters?

Do they?

• Total voters

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's slim pickings out there, same old heads other than Chimaev. No body really that impressive. Johnny hendrics would have probably beaten most of them. Champ included.

Especially striking was. No body that impressive no body that has crazy power or a top chin.

Hell even 185 looks bad aside from Bobby knuckles.

For the mma scouts out there, who can the ufc sign to shake things up?

I'll throw out one name out there Albert Tumenov, he was one of the few mma guys with legit boxing, saw him box Leon's face off. But his takedown defence wasn't the best. He left to make big money in Russia. But if he's showen improved tdd he would be a worthwhile signing.

Nay.

But what I really think we need to see are more female heavy weights. Lord knows there are a lot of violent obese women in this world.

I don't think they need a massive overhaul but Ray Cooper would be nice now his deal is up with PFL. I think Koreshkov has one fight left on his Bellator deal so it'd be good to pick him up too. I don't know how many fights Soldic has left with KSW but he's a must sign if he becomes free too.

Other than that just pick up a few prospects like Bonfim, Abdoulragimov, Renfro, Kuramagomedov, Abbasov, Maher, Abdulaev, Murodov, Klinkhammer, Skibinski over the next year or so and you're set.

I don't think they need a massive overhaul but Ray Cooper would be nice now his deal is up with PFL. I think Koreshkov has one fight left on his Bellator deal so it'd be good to pick him up too. I don't know how many fights Soldic has left with KSW but he's a must sign if he becomes free too.

Other than that just pick up a few prospects like Bonfim, Abdoulragimov, Renfro, Kuramagomedov, Abbasov, Maher, Abdulaev, Murodov, Klinkhammer, Skibinski over the next year or so and you're set.
Fucking amazing reply sherbro, this Roberto Soldić looks good , good hand speed and power, kinda looks like he can make 155.

Yes - talented ones . They're also looking for employment in the 185 & 205 department as well.

Lol.

Yes - talented ones . They're also looking for employment in the 185 & 205 department as well.

Lol.

It's weird how this is the case, is it the lack of talent in the sport or the lack of UFC signings? 135 is the division I'm liking the most, well rounded fighters with good striking.

But the higher you go up the talent just dries up. I remember back in the day people going on and on about the age of the well rounded fighter, it's still not here. Not only that some divisions seem much weaker than before.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's weird how this is the case, is it the lack of talent in the sport or the lack of UFC signings? 135 is the division I'm liking the most, well rounded fighters with good striking.

But the higher you go up the talent just dries up. I remember back in the day people going on and on about the well rounded fighter, it's still not here. Not only that some divisions seem much weaker than before.
Exactly- and not a coincidence that Ferttitas looked downstream after absorbing SFORCE- not a coincidence that contracts now fit into the business ( wmma not going anywhere- they fill up too many obligated cards) - not a coincidence that a guy like masvidal got two TWO cracks at 170 title - not a coincidence that a 38 year old Brunson is " seemingly" fighting at the best of career and on cusp of title shot - not a coincidence that we have a 42 year old atop 205 who when he gets blasted , hes on skates and on other side of career - not a coincidence that your ground acumen doesn't have to be as complete as 4 years ago ( and beyond ) - something Jon Fitch - intelligently- talked about last year.

Dana actually doing everything he can on his end .... and the UFC has an army of new fans and he sits on his PPVs well.

The depth now does fall in the lighter divisions and I hope that changes- really do. Every financial report ( article)I read , they seem to be doing real well so who am I to say ?

ESPN deal up in 23 ' so we'll see what materializes next year.

Fucking amazing reply sherbro, this Roberto Soldić looks good , good hand speed and power, kinda looks like he can make 155.

If you're interested this is how I rank WW's outside the big two in terms of potential and these are my current rankings, where I try and be more objective, put excitement to the side and think about who they've actually beaten so far.

If you're interested this is how I rank WW's outside the big two in terms of potential and these are my current rankings, where I try and be more objective, put excitement to the side and think about who they've actually beaten so far.
I took a peak, that guy Solomon Renfro looked decent, packs a punch and young.

Exactly- and not a coincidence that Ferttitas looked downstream after absorbing SFORCE- not a coincidence that contracts now fit into the business ( wmma not going anywhere- they fill up too many obligated cards) - not a coincidence that a guy like masvidal got two TWO cracks at 170 title - not a coincidence that a 38 year old Brunson is " seemingly" fighting at the best of career and on cusp of title shot - not a coincidence that we have a 42 year old atop 205 who when he gets blasted , hes on skates and on other side of career - not a coincidence that your ground acumen doesn't have to be as complete as 4 years ago ( and beyond ) - something Jon Fitch - intelligently- talked about last year.

Dana actually doing everything he can on his end .... and the UFC has an army of new fans and he sits on his PPVs well.

The depth now does fall in the lighter divisions and I hope that changes- really do. Every financial report ( article)I read , they seem to be doing real well so who am I to say ?

ESPN deal up in 23 ' so we'll see what materializes next year.

I think many of the fans are young and don't know what to expect or demand in terms of skill level. Either that or they are defensive of the sport and won't bash the ufc. I mean seriously Glover? And Brunson? So weak imo.

Really want to see this guy get a shot - dont know if he wins but Colby aside, better than anyone else Usman has dominated.

I'm kind of praying he gets his shot before Khamzat does. He has the advantage of years of training with Usman like Burns did and he packs a punch if he can use that knowledge to catch him.

Khamzat likely ragdolls him though.

I'm kind of praying he gets his shot before Khamzat does. He has the advantage of years of training with Usman like Burns did and he packs a punch if he can use that knowledge to catch him.

Khamzat likely ragdolls him though.
Thsts why I'm looking forward to see if Kham " runs through" Burns or not. Oddsmakers seem to agree with you . Khamzat does his thing and they have 2 legit fresh challengers .This could be the fight where the press clippings of khamzat are not only stamped but could set up enormous title fight where a healthy percentage of people could be picking khamzat.

I give credit to Burns ( and who knows - I think hes losing - but who knows). A top contender had to share cage with this guy and lets OFFICIALLY see what we have.

Thsts why I'm looking forward to see if Kham " runs through" Burns or not. Oddsmakers seem to agree with you . Khamzat does his thing and they have 2 legit fresh challengers .This could be the fight where the press clippings of khamzat are not only stamped but could set up enormous title fight where a healthy percentage of people could be picking khamzat.

I give credit to Burns ( and who knows - I think hes losing - but who knows). A top contender had to share cage with this guy and lets OFFICIALLY see what we have.

Yeah, Gilbert is a top fighter. I'm of the opinion that Kham runs through him, but I also think Kham could well be on a GOAT level trajectory, so there's probably not going to be any shame in it.

Yeah, Gilbert is a top fighter. I'm of the opinion that Kham runs through him, but I also think Kham could well be on a GOAT level trajectory, so there's probably not going to be any shame in it.

So far - he seems to be that wrecking ball.
Burns is a top fighter in todays landscape and why khamzat will be over a 4-1 favorite when all said and I do see him beating him like one.

Do you have similar rankings for 185 that's an even weaker division imo.

Back