Does the UFC miss Rampage?

Other than the Wand KO, did he ever have a good UFC fight???

I watched the free Brown v. Silva event, and every fight I watched was better than a Rampage UFC fight.

At least someone else has to deal with his bi-polar disorder now.
Eastman, Hendo, Liddell

Wtf are you talking about lol

As someone said earlier in the first few pages they miss all the old stars, Chuck, Tito, Hughes, Couture etc no one has been able to replace them star power wise but unfortunately those guys are well past their primes and that includes Rampage(though his issue may be more to do with his drive than physical).

They would miss his marketability, doubt they miss him personally since he was a huge tool.

I watched the free Brown v. Silva event, and every fight I watched was better than a Rampage UFC fight.

The Chuck KO was great for him (a sad beginning to the Chuck skid for me), and the Hendo fight was an amazing fight. I suppose winning and defending the strap should be considered pretty good post-PRIDE fights.

Edit: that said, no. The UFC is just fine without him.

I think they miss having a fighter with charisma that could back it up.

Unfortunately, the charisma turned into oddness and he stopped backing it up.

They miss the old rampage...but i dont think they need the current one.

No, they missed by ever signing him. Every fight was a let down except Silva KO. A lot of talk and little action. Never lived up to the hype.

Please go watch Liddell/Rampage 2, Henderson/Rampage, Griffin/Rampage & Rampage/Jardine and educate yourself. If you wanna see a brutal KO just watch the Eastman fight.

first Undisputed LHW champion who unified the Pride and UFC belts and is one of the more entertaining personalities in MMA? Yeah I think the UFC misses him. Put Rampage against someone who will stand with him and go toe to toe.... instant fireworks cause someone is getting KTFO. People can bitch about him all they want but he's still an exciting fighter and a draw.

edit: could you imagine if they made Shogun/Rampage 2 now? I think that could still headline a card and personally I'd definitely watch that fight.

No, they missed by ever signing him. Every fight was a let down except Silva KO. A lot of talk and little action. Never lived up to the hype.

Yeah because winning the UFC LHW title isn't "living up to the hype"... :rolleyes:

Rashad didn't "rock" Rampage, he caught him off balance and immediately got a takedown stuffed, that he attempted...

10xfwk3.jpg

(Rashad landed a good one, but you can blatantly see Rampage was already leaning that direction, and he just got knocked off balance, still that was what 20 seconds into the fight)

The only time Jardine "rocked" Rampage was about 40 seconds after a massive nutshot, and all he had was Rampage moving backwards...Rampage got to the cage and slipped, but immediately hopped back up.

dvmzrt.jpg

(most of those shots missed, and Rampage was never rocked)

Machida hit Rampage with 4 maybe 5 shots maybe more, missed most of the ones he threw, caught a Counter hook back...and went into desperation "lets get this takedown before I get KO'd mode" and did zero with it.

No one NEEDS to stand with Rampage, but don't blame Rampage for boring shitty fights when no one engages with him at all. Rampage is the only one who get's that treatment, and it's usually you doing the treating. It's Rampage's fault that fighters run from him? It's Rampage's fault that fighters refuse to engage? Rampage has to morph into a completely different fighter, but his opponents get to play the scared game and just hold on top him or stay 10 feet away from him?

Same shit, different day. People fight SO timid against Rampage, and for some reason..in people like you's mind...that's Rampages fault. Every boring fight ever is Rampage's fault. The onus, in your opinion, is always on him to make the fight good. Well he tries...he moves forward...the opponent moves back... It's Rampages fault though, right?

Preach brother! Truer words have never been spoken.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back