Does the UFC miss Rampage?

I've always like Rampage, but the past few years, it seems like he fights just to get paid and doesn't put in much effort to actually win convincingly. So I don't really miss him in the UFC.

For sure. He's a big enough name that putting him on the marquee will be enough to sell out any mid-sized arena in the US.

Casual fans that buy the majority of the tickets don't give a shit about his losses. They want to see Rampage Jackson, the Memphis brawler.

He was a great fighter in PRIDE, in his peak years he was UFC champion with a title defense. IMO he won the fight against the Forrest but when you leave a close decision in the hands of the judges shit happens, look at Shogun-Machida. I rank him as a top 5 Light Heavyweight all-time.

Unfortunately like Tito, his best days as a fighter are behind him.

No. His heart isn't all the way in it and he doesn't look nearly as good as he used to. He could probably beat some of the UFC LHW, but he will never be top 5 or possibly top 10 again.

And lets not forget that Rampage is somewhat unstable. He is prone to doing and saying things that could severely hurt the UFC. Anyone remember the truck incident and the lady's miscarriage? Yeah. Also his rapey shit on the Japanese reporter really turned me off him. He's just a little bit too crazy and I don't think he will toe the UFC line; eventually he would do something stupid like Miguel Torres with his rape tweets and the UFC would basically have to let him go.

That said he's a pretty exciting fighter when he's on. I'm still salty he edged out Machida in their fight...although to be fair the 3rd round was very one sided and if it were Pride rules he would have last.

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight a few more times in the UFC as long as he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't flip out and do anymore crazy shit.

She lied.

[YT]EJ6DpNHvVEc[/YT]
They miss athletes with star power period. Given all the events that the UFC put on (and all the injuries that happen), you'd be fooling yourself to say that they don't miss him....But as we all know... He doesn't miss them, since he skipped out on them to sign with Bellator (an up & coming promotion)

Other than the Wand KO, did he ever have a good UFC fight???

I watched the free Brown v. Silva event, and every fight I watched was better than a Rampage UFC fight.

At least someone else has to deal with his bi-polar disorder now.

The Henderson & Chuck fights were decent, I thought.

Jardine really started a trend, with Rampage. "We know Rampage doesn't want to wrestle, he likes to stand up and fight and make it exciting...well....I'll just run away the entire fight, while he hunts me down...I'll land a few jabs, maybe a leg kick then i'll grab a hold of him and just hang on and everyone will think I'm a winner and Rampage sucks!!"

Jardine did that, Rashad did that, Machida did that. Bader just wrestled him and held him down, Hamill wanted to but wasn't good enough. After the Silva KO, the only people who weren't scared of actually fighting Rampage were Jones and Glover.

no. he just talked a lot. pride fanboys loved him, but he has not fought well in a long time.

Exactly. Talked and whined. Also, despite his reputation of "coming to bang," his last finish in the UFC was in 2008. His last 7 fights went to a decision. He couldn't even put away the likes of Jardine and Hamill. He mocked Lyoto, calling him "MacCheetah," but Machida finished 5 guys in the same period (2009 to 2013).

Goodbye and good riddance. And yes, he has finished a couple of guys in Bellator, where the competition is definitely easier.

Jardine really started a trend, with Rampage. "We know Rampage doesn't want to wrestle, he likes to stand up and fight and make it exciting...well....I'll just run away the entire fight, while he hunts me down...I'll land a few jabs, maybe a leg kick then i'll grab a hold of him and just hang on and everyone will think I'm a winner and Rampage sucks!!"

Jardine did that, Rashad did that, Machida did that. Bader just wrestled him and held him down, Hamill wanted to but wasn't good enough. After the Silva KO, the only people who weren't scared of actually fighting Rampage were Jones and Glover.

Complete garbage. Rashad and Jardine both rocked Rampage (and were rocked by him), and Machida caught Rampage with a great flurry in the 3rd round.

Also, there's a newflash: This is MMA. Modern MMA. Wrestling, footwork, submissions, cage smarts and strategy are part of the game. No one needs to stand with Rampage (or anyone else) like a braindead, Bop 'Em-Sock 'Em" robot. Only Rampage and his sycophants believe that.

i think the ufc would jump at the chance to make a rampage/rumble match up ... i'd watch

i think the ufc would jump at the chance to make a rampage/rumble match up ... i'd watch

I would too. Rumble = a faster Rampage with better footwork, head kicks and TDD. Not a good fight for Quinton.

no. he just talked a lot. pride fanboys loved him, but he has not fought well in a long time.

Other than the Wand KO, did he ever have a good UFC fight???

I watched the free Brown v. Silva event, and every fight I watched was better than a Rampage UFC fight.

At least someone else has to deal with his bi-polar disorder now.

mma_g_jacksonliddell_576.jpg

571_l.jpg

Back