does the ufc hate Will Brooks?

give it time
we will see what kind of waves he can make
no rush...

Although brooks is legit, he hadn't fought in a long ass time. He was on the shelf for a while at bellator. Also, he want pulling gigantic numbers when he did fight

There is a reason they are starting him off at the bottom. His stock is low. He needs to build a name, draw interest, then he will get the ranked fighters.

Also, people are being to harsh on brooks for his fight vs Pearson. He took that fight on short notice. When I say they stated him at the bottom, I truly mean started him at the bottom. Short notice ufc debut is pretty much as low as it gets.

Bellator cut the guy who beat their current champ twice for a reason. The UFC isn't rushing him to a title shot for that same reason. I mean it's obvious what "the reason" is.
Oh due tell, and use proof.
Also, explain why they waited all the way till his contract expires to "cut" him, lol.

There gonna keep him away as long as possible.Wouldnt look good to have 2 former Bellator champs fighting for the belt.
And Brooks is probaly a worse matchup for Khabib then Eddie is.

Well Eddie came in, lost to Cerrone then got b2b top 5 guys........

Division is kinda packed at the top but im sure Brooks had a part in him getting this fight, pretty sure he couldve asked for a higher ranked guy.

Some might have high expectations right now esp. after what he did to Chandler in that 2nd fight, but I actually thought he looked decent against a hard to put away Ross. I liked the Barbosa fight, it would've been interesting to see how that went down, esp. since Barbosa is not trying to chase the title and Brooks is. He's a young, hungry fighter. I think he gets there eventually, but the UFC might want to see more. If you've been watching him for a few years like I have, you've seen the progression in his all around game. After this with a W I think he gets a top 10 guy.

If you don't know how things went down, don't spread lies.

Bellator tried to keep brooks; brooks just wanted out.

Brooks even said that they offered him a very good contract, but he wanted to be in the ufc.

Cutting =\= not being able to keep

This has been discussed to. They put Brooks (the champ at the time) behind the guy he head in the rematch. Fact is they didn't want Brooks as champ, Brooks knew it and was happy to bounce to the UFC.

Bw0GZDGCcAAfc3Q.jpg

Eddie's first fight was a loss, and against a ranked opponent in Cowboy. ill will did better than Eddie in Bellator.
Eddie's fights leading to the titleshot in Shelftime and Gil were much more of snoozfests.

TS is right, it's criminal.

Will got KO in his second fight in Bellator against nobody

I don't think they're sold on the hype of him as a former Bellator champ after his performance against a guy like Pearson. A tough veteran for sure, but definitely a gatekeeper type at this point.

Alvarez didn't look "impressive" in any of his fights before his win against RDA.

I like Will, but he brings in far less name value than Eddie did, despite leaving as champ. Let people learn who he is. As long as he keeps winning the title shot will come.

Alvarez didn't look "impressive" in any of his fights before his win against RDA.

He's a big name that they were also paying a shitload of money to and couldn't have him fighting nobodies. I do think that pay dictates matchmaking. Eddie also went from Cerrone, a big name, to Gilbert (another big name) and won, so he couldn't take any steps backwards.

Will got KO in his second fight in Bellator against nobody
He avanged it. No different than GSP avenging Serra. Saad KOed Santos in 1 round, and went the distance with Pitbull too.
May I remind u Will destored eddie'ss(1-1) arch-rival twice in a row in Chandler?

He's a big name that they were also paying a shitload of money to and couldn't have him fighting nobodies. I do think that pay dictates matchmaking. Eddie also went from Cerrone, a big name, to Gilbert (another big name) and won, so he couldn't take any steps backwards.

Alvarez isn't a "big name." This is just a myth. I could ask 100 people and no one would know who the hell he is.

Brooks fought a solid gatekeeper on short notice and won. He should get a step up in competition not a step back. The UFC is going to give him a long road to the belt in hopes that he loses so he doesn't get near a title shot.

Alvarez isn't a "big name." This is just a myth. I could ask 100 people and no one would know who the hell he is.

Brooks fought a solid gatekeeper on short notice and won. He should get a step up in competition not a step back. The UFC is going to give him a long road to the belt in hopes that he loses so he doesn't get near a title shot.

They certainly paid him like one coming into the UFC, and that matters imo. I do agree that Brooks should get a step up, I'm just giving an explanation as to why I think they're giving him Cowboy Oliveira.

This has been discussed to. They put Brooks (the champ at the time) behind the guy he head in the rematch. Fact is they didn't want Brooks as champ, Brooks knew it and was happy to bounce to the UFC.

Bw0GZDGCcAAfc3Q.jpg
You're beating around the bush. Let's say they did want chandler as champ. Point is, they tried to keep brooks. Brooks wanted out

He avanged it. No different than GSP avenging Serra. Saad KOed Santos in 1 round, and went the distance with Pitbull too.
May I remind u Will destored eddie'ss(1-1) arch-rival twice in a row in Chandler?

I'm just saying Both Eddie & Will didn't do so well first or second fight in the big leagues

Chandler could have easily won the first fight against brooks. I admit that chandler got beat up in the second fight, but many believe he won the first.

Chandlers 3 fight skid is misleading. He could have easily been 2-1 in those fights

They probably think he has no cardio

Oliveira had Cerrone covered on the feet. He looked pretty powerful. I'm interested to see him with a full camp.

Back