does the ufc hate Will Brooks?

Th3Sav4ge

On Christmas???
@Gold
Reaction score
No disrespect to mr brazilian cowboy, but this match up is weird. will was a bellator champ just like eddie but they arnt giving him the ranked opponents he needs.

I was certainly expecting to see him against a higher ranked fighter for his second fight.

Of course they hate him. He's black, right? That's the sentiment around here lately.

I would've liked to see Brooks vs Barboza and Oliveira vs Duffy instead.

Bellator cut the guy who beat their current champ twice for a reason. The UFC isn't rushing him to a title shot for that same reason. I mean it's obvious what "the reason" is.

I'm a Brooks fan, but based on him barely skating by Ross Pearson in his debut, it's better this way.

Give him a guy he can style on, to get comfortable in the UFC, and make a big splash.

I'm a Brooks fan, but based on him barely skating by Ross Pearson in his debut, it's better this way.

Give him a guy he can style on, to get comfortable in the UFC, and make a big splash.
<2>

His first fight was a snoozefest.
Eddie's first fight was a loss, and against a ranked opponent in Cowboy. ill will did better than Eddie in Bellator.
Eddie's fights leading to the titleshot in Shelftime and Gil were much more of snoozfests.

TS is right, it's criminal.

i don't hate him but i'd rather listen to garth brooks than watch will.

Bellator cut the guy who beat their current champ twice for a reason. The UFC isn't rushing him to a title shot for that same reason. I mean it's obvious what "the reason" is.
If you don't know how things went down, don't spread lies.

Bellator tried to keep brooks; brooks just wanted out.

Brooks even said that they offered him a very good contract, but he wanted to be in the ufc.

Cutting =\= not being able to keep

I don't think they're sold on the hype of him as a former Bellator champ after his performance against a guy like Pearson. A tough veteran for sure, but definitely a gatekeeper type at this point.

Very disappointed in this match up. I thought him getting a lower tier guy for his debut was fine, especially since it was fairly short notice.

He's ranked 12th by the UFCs system right now.. and he's fighting an unranked. When really he should be fighting a top 8 at least

Back