Does Sterling get the automatic rematch?

Nope. Not enough title defenses, not exactly an exciting fighter or draw, and Dana and especially the the fans don't like him. He could hold Dana at gunpoint and still not get a rematch. In fact, I bet the match Sterling up with the worst possible matchup when he returns just cus, someone like Umar or Yadong in hopes he gets wrecked again.

It sucks being an unpopular black UFC fighter, you just don't get any favors or love.
Very recently Kumaru got one. Oh yeah, and Adesanya too. Please Stop with your race baiting nonsense.

I will also add that based on the number of defenses Aljo has, he deserves it as much as anybody IMO. He's not going to get it though, because people don't like the way he became champ.

Last edited:
Even I thought that championship belt was weak AF. But he beat Yan fair and square the next time. People seem to forget that. For various circumstances people are ready to call Aljo a paper champ and on the other hand the GOAT. I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle, ground seldom trodden here on the main streets of Sherdog.

doesnt matter bro. aljo will never ever get his full props until the next generation of more open minded MMA fans come in
and dana retires,
hopefully the next president is more like scott coker or someone who is more OPEN MINDED
allowing the company to change. hopefully the newer more educated fans will all go back rewind the tape
and see what this man did during his time and see what he WENT THROUGH and THAT is how he will get his flowers.
hopefully hes still alive so they can throw a nice ceremony for him,
same for tyron and the other misused buried champions. Even tony ferguson if hes still around
should get something. i hate seeing fighters not reach their potential due to politics or mishaps .
thats why i want MMA fighters to at least be getting paid.

Very recently Kumaru got one. Oh yeah, and Adesanya too. Please Stop with your race baiting nonsense.

I will also add that based on the number of defenses Aljo has, he deserves it as much as anybody IMO.
He's not going to get it though, because people don't like the way he became champ.

you can deflect all you want but at the end of the day we not stupid. that wE dOnT lIke Da wAy hE bEcAmE cHaMp which = he deserves vile hAte,
ALIBI EXCUSE WILL NOT HOLD UP WELL. im just letting you know in advance. when your grandkids ask you "why were yall so
mean to aljamain" what you gonna say......
even now im seeing some of you fans who hated on aljo,
feeling remorse after seeing him in tears post fight....that or relived hes not champ no more lol.
its sad I myself all kidding aside almost cried
when i heard his backstory about how his poppa used to beat his mom right
in front of him and him feeling weak cause he couldnt do
nothing about it, and to add he grew up poor. thats why i give cut him some slack for not lashing back at the
haters the way he should. hes pure hearted deep down, thats why hes always
trying to be positive...despite having every reason to be bitter.

doesnt matter bro. aljo will never ever get his full props until the next generation of more open minded MMA fans come in
and dana retires,
hopefully the next president is more like scott coker or someone who is more OPEN MINDED
allowing the company to change. hopefully the newer more educated fans will all go back rewind the tape
and see what this man did during his time and see what he WENT THROUGH and THAT is how he will get his flowers.
hopefully hes still alive so they can throw a nice ceremony for him,
same for tyron and the other misused buried champions. Even tony ferguson if hes still around
should get something. i hate seeing fighters not reach their potential due to politics or mishaps .
thats why i want MMA fighters to at least be getting paid.

you can deflect all you want but at the end of the day we not stupid. that wE dOnT lIke Da wAy hE bEcAmE cHaMp which = he deserves vile hAte,
ALIBI EXCUSE WILL NOT HOLD UP WELL. im just letting you know in advance. when your grandkids ask you "why were yall so
mean to aljamain" what you gonna say......
even now im seeing some of you fans who hated on aljo,
feeling remorse after seeing him in tears post fight....that or relived hes not champ no more lol.
its sad I myself all kidding aside almost cried
when i heard his backstory about how his poppa used to beat his mom right
in front of him and him feeling weak cause he couldnt do
nothing about it, and to add he grew up poor. thats why i give cut him some slack for not lashing back at the
haters the way he should. hes pure hearted deep down, thats why hes always
trying to be positive...despite having every reason to be bitter.
What the fuck are you talking about man? I've been defending Aljo in these Forums for months. I never said Aljo deserves any hate. Haters definitely don't like the way he became champ, but they don't see the situation for what it is. The first Yan fight had a shitty outcome that no one, even Aljo, wanted. Aljo won the second fight fair and square. Anyone calling Aljo a paper champ at the point was an idiot. He has defended. I never felt that Aljo was a "Strong" champion, but I certainly defended his legitimacy, and really wanted him to beat O'Malley. Aljo situation was weird but he proved himself.

I see the situation with you too dude, and that is you putting racist comments in my mouth when none were spoken and I don't appreciate it one bit. Any fair analysis of a situation that doesn't favor a black man gets labeled by a dude like you as racist, even when it's commentary on a real situation with no racism attached whatsoever? The observation that Aljo has haters is me saying Aljo deserves the hate? Fuuuuuuuck you. You're Woke? No. You're a fool. I've been on Aljo's side the whole time.

So to use your words...I'm just letting you know in advance that black people aren't the only ones who get treated badly by the UFC or have struggles in life. GSP, Couture, Fitch and some of the whitest dudes on the roster have been treated like shit by the UFC.

My Great Grandad emigrated to the US 150 years ago. No safety net, no welfare, No free shit. You wanna kid yourself that it was easy 'cuz he wasn't black? My dad grew up poor too, but made something of himself. He did so through hard work and never playing the victim. You could learn from him. Enjoy your dubs fool.

Last edited:
Of course not. Only UFC pets get immediate rematches, the UFC wants OMalley as champ, zero chance Aljo gets a rematch any time soon, they are probably going to use him to beat potential bad match ups for OMalley, if he stays at the weight at all.

It should be Vera vs. O'Malley 2 next, and Sandhagen vs. Sterling 2 (Number 1 Contender fight) if Sterling is staying at 135. I doubt the UFC wants to gives Sterling a rematch when the fight ended the decisive way it did.

He has an argument for an automatic rematch, but I’m sure the UFC will look into it more and discredit him. O’Malley is Dana Whites wet dream.

He got smoked in less than 2 rounds. No way, it wasn’t even competitive
Competitiveness has no bearing on whether he gets a rematch or not, TJ knocked Garbrandt the fuck out and Cody had no title defences and was given an instant rematch.
Aljo like Aldo and Woodley before him will not be given an immediate rematch.

I think there is a fair argument that Aljo doesn't deserve an immediate rematch, but to giving one to Chito is ridiculous tbh.

He needs to have a Official UFC Automatic Rematch Card
(Or 10 pairs of Venum fight shorts to qualify)
*Restrictions apply

He probably deserves one but won’t happen.

Competitiveness has no bearing on whether he gets a rematch or not, TJ knocked Garbrandt the fuck out and Cody had no title defences and was given an instant rematch.
Aljo like Aldo and Woodley before him will not be given an immediate rematch.
Aldo was offered a rematch and declined and still got a title shot his next fight. Usman was dominated worse than any champion ever in a title fight so wasn’t getting a rematch, didn’t sell any PPVs either. Most champions don’t get a rematch unless they were champ for several years or it’s clear their is no one better.

Aldo was offered a rematch and declined and still got a title shot his next fight. Usman was dominated worse than any champion ever in a title fight so wasn’t getting a rematch, didn’t sell any PPVs either. Most champions don’t get a rematch unless they were champ for several years or it’s clear their is no one better.
Aldo was not offered a rematch to fight Conor for the featherweight belt they offered him to fight Conor on short notice with no belt on the line at 155.
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/jose-a...for-turning-down-conor-mcgregor-rematch-67548

The Woodley loss to Usman I was glad he didn't get an instant rematch since I can't recall a somewhat long-reigning champ that got dominated for 5 rounds and ever getting an instant rematch but I still feel not defending a belt at all and receiving one is ridiculous.

What the fuck are you talking about man? I've been defending Aljo in these Forums for months. I never said Aljo deserves any hate. Haters definitely don't like the way he became champ, but they don't see the situation for what it is. The first Yan fight had a shitty outcome that no one, even Aljo, wanted. Aljo won the second fight fair and square. Anyone calling Aljo a paper champ at the point was an idiot. He has defended. I never felt that Aljo was a "Strong" champion, but I certainly defended his legitimacy, and really wanted him to beat O'Malley. Aljo situation was weird but he proved himself.

I see the situation with you too dude, and that is you putting racist comments in my mouth when none were spoken and I don't appreciate it one bit. Any fair analysis of a situation that doesn't favor a black man gets labeled by a dude like you as racist, even when it's commentary on a real situation with no racism attached whatsoever? The observation that Aljo has haters is me saying Aljo deserves the hate? Fuuuuuuuck you. You're Woke? No. You're a fool. I've been on Aljo's side the whole time.

So to use your words...I'm just letting you know in advance that black people aren't the only ones who get treated badly by the UFC or have struggles in life. GSP, Couture, Fitch and some of the whitest dudes on the roster have been treated like shit by the UFC.

My Great Grandad emigrated to the US 150 years ago. No safety net, no welfare, No free shit. You wanna kid yourself that it was easy 'cuz he wasn't black? My dad grew up poor too, but made something of himself. He did so through hard work and never playing the victim. You could learn from him. Enjoy your dubs fool.
Blah blah blah..at the end of the day these fanboys will try to boo a guy like Aljo out of the arena and destroy his career while giving a guy with three rape allegations, publicly cheats on his wife, hasn't won a goddamn fight in years, and is guilty of numerous other crimes like Conor McGregor a heros welcome .We see it for what it is

Last edited:
I'm against instant rematches. Instant rematches are stupid IMO, let them fighters have atleast one fight other than each other.

The 2x loser of a instant rematch usually never ever captures gold or even get close it again. History has proven that.

Back