Does Sterling get the automatic rematch?

I'm only down for instant rematches if the win was:

1. Flukey
2. Very close decision

Anything else, fuck all that. Lets get a wider variety of fights. Aljo can win 2 more to get back.

They were touting Sterling as the “ best bw of all time “ and “ dominant champion “

Saturday was actually the first time I had ever heard anyone call Sterling the best BW of all time, but you're right, they sure did keep repeating it.

On anik's podcast, Ray Longo said that Sean Shelby offered sterling an immediate rematch.

A rematch in this case would get the most buys out of any other matchup.

On anik's podcast, Ray Longo said that Sean Shelby offered sterling an immediate rematch.

I was going to say they probably won't offer it, but I guess the UFC thinks the same as well.. it is the money fight.

True but it just goes to show how there isn't really a definitive pattern as to when these things happen based on how the fights go.

In reality, I'm sure it also has to do with what other match-ups there are, what kind of plans each fighter has (Sterling was talking of moving up), etc.

Chinese champion = china nation money.

Aljo champion = trolling booing and i'm not fighting mr n.2 because we suck each other off.

I doubt UFC will throw themselves in front of the bullet that they just dodged.
Business-wise, Aljo was a terrible champion.
Sports-wise, he was holding the division with the bromance with the ranked #2.

No clue why, but Chito has way more followers, which is strange.
+ he has a story

Seems like every time a champ loses they run it back these days
They were touting Sterling as the “ best bw of all time “ and “ dominant champion “
He was talking about moving up- why would volk take that fight now?
He got tko’d- does that factor in?
So does he go to the back of the line or get that rematch?

IMO Sterling was GOAT cause he beat all the other alternatives. But yeah he has not reigned long enough to get an insta rematch. This division also does not suck. If it did maybe.

Compromise that makes sense is letting O Malley fight Merab or Vera next but not requring Sterling to fight again in the interim.

Why would I be mad? I just don’t think chito is deserving of the next shot. I don’t think aljo is either, it’s gotta be merab

Deserving? <Lmaoo> That's real cute. Are you waiting for a unicorn too? The cow just jumped over the moon! <Moves>

This is sports entertainment. It's about MONEY. MAerab was to fight Aljo. He ducked. Good riddance.

He's got triple C next if lucky. O'Malley isn't fighting crotch sniffs of any kind in the near future. Ufc is going to milk this cow and ride thr money train. Chito and Corey next. ;)

IMO Sterling was GOAT cause he beat all the other alternatives. But yeah he has not reigned long enough to get an insta rematch. This division also does not suck. If it did maybe.

Compromise that makes sense is letting O Malley fight Merab or Vera next but not requring Sterling to fight again in the interim.

He won faking a injury. Who wins a title fight via dq?

Back