Does "scrappy" mean dumb?

Ronda was technically superior on the ground too as far as we knew.

Not sure what the point of this is in relation to my post since I just said people are biased towards striking in their judgment of a fighter's 'technical-ness'?

Not sure what the point of this is in relation to my post since I just said people are biased towards striking in their judgment of a fighter's 'technical-ness'?
I'm saying we know next to nothing about holly on the ground other than that she popped out of Ronda's guard with no effort. Miesha is overrated as a grappler too.

being "scrappy" or brawling isn't necessarily dumb and it isn't the opposite of "technical". i'd define it as a very loose strategy. if a fighter is only a brawler then they are very limited but having that in your bag of tricks can be good.

the ability to throw yourself in the fire to land your shots has won championships, even in boxing. it can also get your world fucked up.

lol, at the thread title..

good times!

scrap•py2
(ˈskræp i)

adj. -pi•er, -pi•est.
Informal. fond of fighting.

This might be the first death in UFC. Blocking punches with your face is bad against a boxer like Holly

Meh, she subbed Coenen and outgrappled Olympic medalist McMann, you don't see many better than her at WBW besides Ronda.
Mcmann isn't great at applying her wrestling to MMA, but I'll give you the Coenen win.

Back