Does "scrappy" mean dumb?

jayonajetplane

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
i keep seeing people say meisha tate is "scrappy" and she is a tough matchup for holm.

what the fuck does that mean, "scrappy"?

tate walks into punches like a moron and just hopes that her opponents have no ko power so she can grab onto them.

that doesn't make her scrappy that makes her an idiot

i don't see how people think holm will have a problem here

It means technically inferior, but doesn't mind getting hit

It means the fighter isn't afraid to take a shot to give a shot

Pretty sure it's that black stuff in between an Elephant 's toes during a stampede.

Was expecting a Diaz thread

Usually means they are tougher than most and not afraid to fight, but most likely technically and athletically inferior.

Scrappy = Tough, good self-belief, but probably lacking in technique and/or athleticism.

i keep seeing people say meisha tate is "scrappy" and she is a tough matchup for holm.

what the fuck does that mean, "scrappy"?

tate walks into punches like a moron and just hopes that her opponents have no ko power so she can grab onto them.

that doesn't make her scrappy that makes her an idiot

i don't see how people think holm will have a problem here

Scrappy means you ain't a bitch. Some guys who are scrappy can beat a more technical striker because they can take 1 to give 1.

But referring to Tate, I don't think she's scrappy, she's just not a striker. Agreed Holm is going to dismantle her yup.

She's not going to quit, wiling to exchange... not going to win either.

It's a word for just bleed fans to give more merit to fighters that are not very technically skilled.

Tate is just a far far worse athlete than Holly & Ronda, Holly will dispose of her swiftly.

It means making up a lack of skill with the willingness and ability to take damage.

Regarding all the 'technically inferior' comments, Holm is technically superior on the feet, but Tate is almost certainly technically superior on the ground. Striking is overemphasized on Sherdog when comparing two fighters' 'technical' ability and ability in general for that matter, as is speed.

Regarding all the 'technically inferior' comments, Holm is technically superior on the feet, but Tate is almost certainly technically superior on the ground. Striking is overemphasized when comparing two fighters' 'technical' ability.
Ronda was technically superior on the ground too as far as we knew.

It's the nice way of saying a fighter lacks technical skill.

No but "he has a lot of heart" means you suck but can take a beating real well.

Won't wilt under the pressure and will keep coming even while eating a beating...

Back