Does Pizza Make Kids Fat?

Bad parents make kids fat.

This.

Also, Pizza doesn't HAVE to be bad. 4 Slices of of Pepperoni is bad. 2 Slices of Thin Crust Wheat Extra Veggies with grilled chicken is Money.

Portobello Pizzas With Salsa, Pine Nuts, and Parmesan from Gourmet nutrition is too lol, but I digress...

Food for thought. (Pun intended! BAM!)

That may also have to do with the fact that you have to shit for 4 days straight to get accustomed to their water.

Nah. These are immigrants that go back home on vacation. They're used to the water and don't get the runs.

First, you are less likely to binge because you having a good time. Second, you are wayyyy more active when on vacation.

Mystery solved.

The activity level, maybe. You certainly walk a lot more. But you actually binge a whole lot more.

Again, these are immigrants going back home, not tourists. There's lots of family and friends to see so the opportunities to eat and drink a lot are non-stop.

Damn, now I feel like eating pizza

Pizza doesn't make kids fat, its too much of anything that will make you fat.

Lack of exercise and too many calories are definitely the biggest culprits. BUT, there has to be something said for the quality of food, too.

This is completely anecdotal but I've heard LOTS of people say that when they travel to places like Latin America or Asia on vacation, they pig out, eat like crazy, yet don't gain weight or even lose it sometimes.

That's certainly the case with me. All high-calorie foods but no weight is gained.

The reason people may lose weight on their travels is because they are actively walking around, the excitement of being in a new place causes one to move around more to explore, and gain new experiences. Warmer climates cause people from colder climates to lose lots of water weight, also the foods they eat have lower sodium further allowing more water weight to be lost. Also hot places in certain circumstances it's hotter to stay IN the house, so you are inclined to leave and DO something.

Also people may eat high calorie foods but they may eat more or less of it, the changes of the environment would change their eating patterns which can cause some weight loss if they end up eating less calorically over a week.

Nah. These are immigrants that go back home on vacation. They're used to the water and don't get the runs.

The activity level, maybe. You certainly walk a lot more. But you actually binge a whole lot more.

Again, these are immigrants going back home, not tourists. There's lots of family and friends to see so the opportunities to eat and drink a lot are non-stop.

they binge and that increases their leptin levels and they eat little after that, then binge again the total calories end up less within the week, then when they eat in the states. Food in the states also are very calorie dense relative to their size or portion so you can eat way past your maintenance with ease. Also doing the activities they want will keep the weight less, and of course you have water weight which is the first thing lost in warmer climates.

Pizza is not all that bad. It has a of the food group items. As long as they limit there intake..like a snack.

I love pizza, a shame there's so many calories in even one piece. Most people don't realize that you can't eat 5 pieces as a regular portion.

Pizza makes inactive kids fat. Active kids need the calories.

Back