Does Nayt Diaz have the weakest hands in the lightweight division?

You can expect some to come and say that he hurt Conor, but anyone can hurt a gassed fighter.

But yes, he is. Don't remember him being able to do anything to someone who has a good chin in the first round. Even so I think he is a more tough fight than some dude who has power but no cardio. Nat e pace and cardio gives a lot of problems.

thank you for actually engaging with the thread. I agree that against a gassed fighter it's easy to rock them. However I take your point that power and no cardio is relying on you being able to crack your opponents chin in the first round. I still believe though that Nayt's lack of power holds him back in the LW. If he had more fire in his fists his fights against RDA for example could have been very different. Some people will take that as me hating on nayt or for some reason hugging conor's nuts even though it has nothing to do with him but whatever.

Nate has power. He just uses punches in bunches and the Stockton slap to wear down opponents.

Can't tell if you are serious or mentally challenged. Either way the answer to your question is no. Nate Diaz generates plenty of power on his punches from good fundamentals and leverage. There are plenty of lightweights with poor striking technique that have less power on their punches

Ok, Dublin.
Name Dublin and made a thread bashing Nates power but claims not to be hugging Conors nuts lol.
giphy.gif

This is my hometown. Im not bashing on him. I personally believe Nayt has the tools to be a champ but he is too stuck in his ways. He needs some more power added to his striking. Which I am sure he is acapable of since he has been boxing for a long time

thank you for actually engaging with the thread. I agree that against a gassed fighter it's easy to rock them. However I take your point that power and no cardio is relying on you being able to crack your opponents chin in the first round. I still believe though that Nayt's lack of power holds him back in the LW. If he had more fire in his fists his fights against RDA for example could have been very different. Some people will take that as me hating on nayt or for some reason hugging conor's nuts even though it has nothing to do with him but whatever.

It is because he lacks almost everything. Great chin, cardio and boxing but that's it. Nate is a good fighter and top 5 when he is at his best, but those 3 things can only take you in a certain place. Yes I know he have a good ground too but he will never be able to use it because of his shit wrestling.

He gets beat by anyone who fight smart, but will do good against fighters who fight his fight. Conor and Johnson beats him if they don't try to have a boxing match with him.

This is my hometown. Im not bashing on him. I personally believe Nayt has the tools to be a champ but he is too stuck in his ways. He needs some more power added to his striking. Which I am sure he is acapable of since he has been boxing for a long time
raw

He never throws a lot of overhands and haymakers, basically not at all.
Don't think he has a ton of punching power but the way he stands there and just throws out his combos with a constant pace is a style that most fighters wouldn't produce a lot of 1-punch-KOs with.
But it's sort of a chicken or the egg question, does he use this style because he doesn't have a lot of power or don't we see a lot of bombs because of this style.

However apart fromt the fact that he doesn't knock people out with one punch, his 4 KO/TKOs are a bit misleading, he's pretty good at hurting people on the feet, they just shoot in when damage starts to accumulate.
Miller would have turned into a TKO, Gomi would have turned into a TKO, McGregor also was on his way to get TKOd. They got subbed before it happened.

His wrestling is what's getting in the way of him winning a belt.

Jones probably has even less huge punches on his highlight reel (they both do have a few) but it's worked out for him.

Reads OP... checks OP's name.

Yep nothing to see here.

No, he's a volume puncher, so him Ko'ing guys left and right isn't surprising considering he doesn't go all out on his shots. He still manages to hurt dudes and has showed that he packs quite a punch in some of his fights. If he wound up his shots he would probably be getting more finishes via strikes.

It is because he lacks almost everything. Great chin, cardio and boxing but that's it. Nate is a good fighter and top 5 when he is at his best, but those 3 things can only take you in a certain place. Yes I know he have a good ground too but he will never be able to use it because of his shit wrestling.

He gets beat by anyone who fight smart, but will do good against fighters who fight his fight. Conor and Johnson beats him if they don't try to have a boxing match with him.
If Conor doesnt have a boxing match with him what else will he do lol ? All Conor and MJ know how to do is fucking box lol.

In terms of sheer power he is extremely weak. He is good at volume and he plays to his strengths so it isnt necessarily a weakeness but he has the biggest pillow fists I've ever seen. He could never reproduce the punch Conor inflicted on Aldo for example. He would probably be unable to knock out an unsuspecting elerly person with one punch. Maybe if you let him punch them ten times but thats pretty weak in my opinion. However he has been successful but I believe he needs to add in some power to his game.

What do you guys think? He has always seemed like a guy that could achieve a lot but has never been able to. Maybe this is one of the problems. It could help him against wrestlers if they were afraid of getting KOd. At the moment running into Nayt Diaz punches is basically like running into a pillow fight.
He sure had enough power to turn ya boy Conor into a panicked wrestler like he called everyone who fought him lol.
giphy.gif
He made Conor into a hypocrite lol.

Not much of a question TS. Seems more like a statement.

I rooted for Conor the first time and I'm rooting for him again.

It's takes a pure asshole to claim NATE Diaz is pillowfisted and a blind horrible retread of an MMA fan.

Nate is a killer. I maintain that if this man was more consistently focused he'd be a champion. He's had some bad beats but if he's on top of his game he's one of the very best fighters in ANY weight class. Iron chin, excellent BJJ and excellent combos and zero fucks given to just throw with anyone.

Lastly Nate can win this fight very quickly if he does the smart and obvious thing to do. Take Conor down immediately and work a submission. Game over 2-0.

The only way he loses if he stands and trades with Conor the whole time...and he could still win that way too but he shouldn't do that because that's the only way Conor has a shot.

UFC 196 reloaded on Foxsports 1 right now. Gonna rewatch Mcgregor v Diaz and look for the so-called pillow punches.

Back