Does Lawler vs. Brown prove??

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
That Gus and Cormier should be fighting for #1 contender spot against Jones? Why does Lawler have to fight 2 killers before fighting for the belt while Hendrix hasn't even defended it once? And Gus fought a #11 ranked light heavyweight? UFC plays such obvious favorites sometimes. I agree with the Lawler and Brown fight, I just don't think Gus can beat Cormier let alone should already be challenging for the belt after beating a #11 ranked fighter. What you guys think...Gus vs Cormier? Who wins?

Hendricks is injured and I doubt either one of them wants to sit around and wait for him.

I think both Gus and Robbie should have been given immediate rematches in the first place.

That Gus and Cormier should be fighting for #1 contender spot against Jones? Why does Lawler have to fight 2 killers before fighting for the belt while Hendrix hasn't even defended it once? And Gus fought a #11 ranked light heavyweight? UFC plays such obvious favorites sometimes. I agree with the Lawler and Brown fight, I just don't think Gus can beat Cormier let alone should already be challenging for the belt after beating a #11 ranked fighter. What you guys think...Gus vs Cormier? Who wins?

Gus should have had an immediate rematch the fight was too close and controversial. DC just killed Grandpa Hendo and imo Hendo is around the same level (at this pioint in his career) as Manua however the fuck his name is spelled. Gus and DC fought cans for a title shot. happens all the time.

And to answer your question that should have been the thread tile, DC would win against Gus if he could get a hold on him. But we all seen how that worked out for jones

Two very exciting fighters just wish Diaz was in the fray.

Are you really complaining that we are getting to watch what is gonna be a terrific fight?

I like the build up to the rematch.
Like the build up to Silva vs Sonnen 2, almost 2 years between fights, both guys had a couple fights in between, and they proved that no other fight but a rematch made sense for the division.

So yeah I would prefer Gus and Jones to both have another fight but there is only him and Comier that are available to fight for the title right now.

Lombard will fight Dong, and Woodley will fight Macdonald. Least impressive or more injured stays at the back of the pack, other moves closer to a title fight.

lol @ someone trying to deny Gus' shot at a rematch with Jones

It really proves nothing. Different divisions, different situations. Bones had dominated everyone while being champ up until Gus. There would have been a rematch if Jones had agreed. The WW division is far more competitive at the top with GSP retired. I expect the belt to move around quite a bit. Cormier winning 2 fights against the opposition he faced should not grant him a shot, but the division is short on contenders, unlike WW. On top of that, Hendricks has been injured, and Lawler would have been waiting forever had there been an immediate rematch. Nothing wrong with how things played out, really. Others may see it differently, of course

TS I BELIEVE hendrix was injured. Lawler just mauled elmobooger and gustaf fought an undefeated fighter with a record similar to DC's. DC would have already fought for the title but he didnt wanna fight his buddy buddy cain. As for Matt Brown, he's earned it. I think of all dumb fights... Let Cyborg fight Honda

Hendricks is probably going to be out longer than they expected and UFC on Fox needed an exciting main event. I'm sure both Lawler/Brown are getting paid very well behind the scenes to do the fight.

it proves ww is more stacked than lhw

this is the obvious answer

b8n6xqS.jpg

Hendricks is recovering from injury, Jones is ready to go.

Back