does Jones chael sudden friendship increase sonnens chance at winning.

So because they're not faking a beef to hype a fight like most TUF coaches, this somehow improves Chael's ridiculously small chance of winning the fight?

He means will Jones not hit as hard and have as much killer instinct if they're 'friends'. Jones doesnt fight with much animosity- hes calm and follows Greg Jackson's gameplan whether the stadium was falling down or what. RIP Mayan Civilization

There'll be no surprises in this fight.

Unless there are.

But there won't be.

The rapport between these 2 in such a short time is actually staggering. if they are so buddy buddy and really joking around on camera who's to know how friendly these 2 are off camera. This could be a bff relationship in the making. With Tuf 17 Sonnen and Jones have a chance to spend a lot of time around each other and that would only bolster a friendship even more. As far as I know Jones has never faced someone who he loved or cared for. Even when he faced Evans they were well past their friendship days. Forget about Jones never facing someone with the "tenacity" of Sonnen (I think that is inconsequential). It may be even more of a game changer if Jones is reluctant to inflict mass damage on his old chum Chael. This could also be a ploy by chael himself.

Thoughts, considerations?

Bones and Shad beef was staged .

Chaels being nice so Jon does not murder him in the octagon

Cheal and Okami became good buddies after their fight.
If you ask me it's all about hypeing fights.

The rapport between these 2 in such a short time is actually staggering. if they are so buddy buddy and really joking around on camera who's to know how friendly these 2 are off camera. This could be a bff relationship in the making. With Tuf 17 Sonnen and Jones have a chance to spend a lot of time around each other and that would only bolster a friendship even more. As far as I know Jones has never faced someone who he loved or cared for. Even when he faced Evans they were well past their friendship days. Forget about Jones never facing someone with the "tenacity" of Sonnen (I think that is inconsequential). It may be even more of a game changer if Jones is reluctant to inflict mass damage on his old chum Chael. This could also be a ploy by chael himself.

Thoughts, considerations?

I don't like it, they are playing with fire.

The reason I will be watching this new season is to see Chael and Jones go at it so this is just poor marketing all around. It could easily hurt the ratings if they remain civil to each other , which can't happen when the sole reason Chael became the no.1 contender was to boost said ratings.

People want to see how Jones deal with a loud mouth on daily basis, they also want to see how far Chael can push the issue without going too far.Without winning the psychological war, I don't think anybody will think Chael will come home in anything other than a casket.

No, I don't believe so. Jones is a pro. Te man across from him is the man he's there to defeat, and I believe that's the end of the story.

Their friendship decreases TUF viewership that's for sure. I was actually interested this season. I will watch episode one and probably see no hatred and quit the show. Again.

what he said

All you have to do is watch that clip with Chael talking about his mom almost shooting Yushin Okami to see how charismatic and likeable he is.

I would not put is past Sonnen to lure Jones into a bit of a false friendship status to ease up on the attack. Chael is very intelligent and will use whatever tools he has at his disposal (hopefully he no longer tries the spinning back fist) but I can also see the two of them actually becoming friends after all of this.

Chael is very good for marketing and will be a good influence on Jones as far as how to handle the image and media.

I do not like the match up as far as how it came about, but I can agree with most people in that Chael will bring a fight to the octagon that night. I bet he will slip nicely into a triangle choke too.

I think everyone knows that Jones is going to win.

It's not like it's a hard fight to pick.

I bet chael has convinced jones to lose, in trade chael will teach jones how to be the biggest and best heel mma has ever witnessed

could you imagine jon jones with the trash talking of chael sonnen

Their friendship decreases TUF viewership that's for sure. I was actually interested this season. I will watch episode one and probably see no hatred and quit the show. Again.

Cant do else than to agree with this. I was hoping for some heated moments and awkward JBJ moments.

Sensei taught you well.

Can't wait to see TUF. First one I'll have watched since Tito and Ken. Chael's gonna troll the shit outta JJ

Chael would make a great used car sales man. He could talk the hind legs off a donkey.

Don't get me wrong I can still see Jones winning despite any friendship but the chances of Jones via decapitation greatly decreases.

Back