Does Johny Hendrick's deserve a rematch?

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
If GSP returns, does he owe Johny a rematch? Immediately after the fight, a lot of people, myself included, believed Bigg Rigg won the fight, even if some believe GSP won on points. (Top 3 robberies of all time, imo) Focus shifted once GSP announced he'd be taking an indefinite "break" and would be vacating the belt due to pressure and expectations, not getting enough sleep, nightmares(of Johny, I feel), UFO's, PED's, etc. People then started to focus on the good aspects of GSP and forgot all the safe fighting, point fighting, decision winning that used to be so despised by countless fans. Now enough time has passed to where the robbery talk has died down and people miss the dominance and charisma Georges brought to the table since, now, we are force fed the likes of Rousey and McGregor. Also, the stylistic nightmare that Hendricks is is no longer a threat, as he has been knocked off the pedestal and, since he is not the draw people are looking for in this money fight era, he is an afterthought that GSP can bypass while he looks for the easiest and most lucrative route possible back to his throne. It makes fiscal sense, but for someone tagged as the GOAT, I'd expect more. So I feel that not only would the rematch answer a lot of questions about GSP both physically and mentally, it would give Bigg Rigg a chance to redeem a loss that most, himself included, fell he won. Any thoughts?

No. You know what I mean?

He did deserve a rematch, but that ship has sailed.

No. You know what I mean?

agreed

and to eloborate further, its been over 2.5 years, and hendricks has lost a few fights. maybe if gsp wins and hendricks loses their next fight

"himself included, fell he won..." yup that settles it... for sure.

Johnny hendricks doesn't deserve to be employed right now

The only rematch he deserves is with the scale, it's his greatest opponent to date.

Not even close. One guy got tested, the other didn't and they had a close fight. With USADA in place, GSP absolutely mauls him.

Rematch for what, it's years later and Johny doesn't even have the belt anymore. If somehow GSP gets the belt back, Hendricks would have to work his way back to a title shot.

I honestly don't think the Hendricks fight had as much to do with GSP retiring as many people think. Big Rigg definitely took it to GSP, but it's not like he was kicking ass all over the octagon for 5 rounds.

Hendricks deserves a rematch vs the scale you know what I mean? Those Las Vegas scales aren't right you know what I mean? He didn't have the fries, the scales are corrupt.

He's kinda done with rematches though you know? He's wrapping his hands at 100 percent to fight in Dallas with two arms.

Hendricks deserves a rematch with the weighing scale.

you lost me at DESERVE....what does that even matter

Back