Does Johny Hendrick's deserve a rematch?

Does Hendricks "deserve" a rematch? No. "Deserve" has nothing to do with it. Does GSP "owe" him a rematch? Of course not. They had a close fight and the judges scored it for GSP. Some people agreed with the judges, some disagreed with the judges. That's the way things go with this sport. You win, you lose, you move on. It's not that big of a deal.

That being said, a rematch could be fun. I would certainly watch.

Does Hendricks "deserve" a rematch? No. "Deserve" has nothing to do with it. Does GSP "owe" him a rematch? Of course not. They had a close fight and the judges scored it for GSP. Some people agreed with the judges, some disagreed with the judges. That's the way things go with this sport. You win, you lose, you move on. It's not that big of a deal.

That being said, a rematch could be fun. I would certainly watch.
I agree. Just doesn't make much sense. I think GSP is only looking for big fights.

Uh because he made probably more money than anyone ever in MMA at that time. Because he went through hell to come back from a terrible ACL injury, and then took lots of damage in his last few fights. Because he was sick, and tired of the criticism, and wanted to take a break. Not everything is about drug testing, and not everyone is full of shit. Yes I am a Jones fan and he is 100% full of shit.. I know..
So none of those things are still going to be there when he gets back? ACL issues, criticism, being sick, needing a break, damage, etc? I guess he just hit the reset button.

So none of those things are still going to be there when he gets back? ACL issues, criticism, being sick, needing a break, damage, etc? I guess he just hit the reset button.

Jordan left in his prime. People still think it was about gambling issues. He said he wanted to take a break. Why can't we take GSP at his word?

Oh yeah you are clearly a fan.

Exposed as a horrible poster and a liar.
I'm a fan, just not a delusional, sack swinger who will allow my ignorance to determine my rationale. Oh, and btw, did you see who your man crush wants to fight next. You guessed it, Nick Diaz and his 1-2-1 record for the last 5 yrs.

No way. Hendricks need time off and some winable fights.
Guy is on a big decline

Jordan left in his prime. People still think it was about gambling issues. He said he wanted to take a break. Why can't we take GSP at his word?
Jordan's father had just been murdered. Quite a different situation ENTIRELY. Not to mention he was back in 18 months, half the time GSP has been gone!!! I'll take his word the same way I take a politicians; by believing half of what I see and none of what I hear. You really think he would come out and say,"I'm scared of losing my belt, lifestyle, legacy, money, respect, brain cells, etc.. Not that it's true, but even if it was, you think that would go over well?

No way. Hendricks need time off and some winable fights.
Guy is on a big decline
Wouldn't you then say GSP needs some time ON and some winnable fights? Guy has been OUT for 3 years, suffered another ACL tear and surgery, is ring rusted, etc. Or does that not affect him the other mere mortals?

Jordan's father had just been murdered. Quite a different situation ENTIRELY. Not to mention he was back in 18 months, half the time GSP has been gone!!! I'll take his word the same way I take a politicians; by believing half of what I see and none of what I hear. You really think he would come out and say,"I'm scared of losing my belt, lifestyle, legacy, money, respect, brain cells, etc.. Not that it's true, but even if it was, you think that would go over well?

Yes but you realize to this day a lot of people think Jordan's father's death and his gambling had something to do with it? I'm not saying I believe that but there are a lot of people that think that is true. He wanted to take a break from basketball that's what he said, I believed him. GSP he said he wanted to take a break and now he wants to come back. But he will be under this stringent testing and he has to pass. So what's the point of all the speculation?

Wouldn't you then say GSP needs some time ON and some winnable fights? Guy has been OUT for 3 years, suffered another ACL tear and surgery, is ring rusted, etc. Or does that not affect him the other mere mortals?

Gsp for a long time faught nothing but the beat of the best...every fight his opponents were at the their best

I'm a fan, just not a delusional, sack swinger who will allow my ignorance to determine my rationale. Oh, and btw, did you see who your man crush wants to fight next. You guessed it, Nick Diaz and his 1-2-1 record for the last 5 yrs.

Nick fought the LW, WW and MW GOATs and Condit. Hendricks went 2-3 since losing to GSP and has had problems making weight.

I really don't think either deserve to fight GSP but whatever fight brings in the most dollars is the right fight and that ain't a catch weight fight with Hendricks.

I'M IN

giphy.gif

Yes, all fans make fun of their favorite fighters. You got exposed, move on troll.

Yes but you realize to this day a lot of people think Jordan's father's death and his gambling had something to do with it? I'm not saying I believe that but there are a lot of people that think that is true. He wanted to take a break from basketball that's what he said, I believed him. GSP he said he wanted to take a break and now he wants to come back. But he will be under this stringent testing and he has to pass. So what's the point of all the speculation?
It's a GSP hate thread. He beat too many of Sherdog favorite fighters, and he makes Fedor fans nervous because of his accomplishments, so they hate on him. Even mods don't care.

Back