Does Fried Chicken exist in Germany?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Googled German Fried Chicken and this is what I got

This is equivalent of a Chick-fil-A cutlet, which goes in a sandwich. They call this a Schnitzel

NGNP-20190212-WienerSchnitzel-5.jpg

Other pictures in the search results were this

obama-fingers.jpg

Is that it?
Bone-in Fried Chicken is nonexistent in Germany?

Schnitzel can be pork or chicken or beef or whatever. It's legit af though

Man, I grew up in Germany and the food there is so good. I can't remember fried chicken places tbh but I was so distracted by currywursts and donor kebabs and gyros and stuff. Outside the supermarkets you'd always have trailers that sold bratwursts and rotisserie chickens. Also, some of the best Chinese food I ever had. It's always been a mystery why the Chinese food in Germany was so much higher quality than UK or Canada (I never lived in the US). I haven't been in Germany in like 20 years though so maybe Fried Chicken has taken over

Guatemala has good fried chicken

Schnitzel

But beyond that, I think bone in fried chicken was a purely American thing, right?

Better Question.

Is there a country that doesn't have KFC?

mr-bean-kfc.gif

Man, I grew up in Germany and the food there is so good. I can't remember fried chicken places tbh but I was so distracted by currywursts and donor kebabs and gyros and stuff. Outside the supermarkets you'd always have trailers that sold bratwursts and rotisserie chickens. Also, some of the best Chinese food I ever had. It's always been a mystery why the Chinese food in Germany was so much higher quality than UK or Canada (I never lived in the US). I haven't been in Germany in like 20 years though so maybe Fried Chicken has taken over

Döner and gyros are brilliant. Schweinehaxe with biersoße and Knödel - mouthwatering

I have been in Germany last 8 years and can't say that I have had any decent Chinese or Indian food. But recently I have seen a large influx of Chinese in southern Germany so things might be changing.

In Australia/NZ, we have large indo and chinese communities, so food is plentiful and relatively authentic. Quality of meat and produce might play a part.

Dammit I miss home

Reactions: Zer
Chicken Nuggets are a thing because of the popularity of McDonald's.
KFC has a couple of franchises in Germany.

Culturally, fried Chicken hasnt ever been a thing in Germany and was mostly brought over via Americans.

Chicken was traditionally either roasted or boiled Here.

Chinese food is even worse in Canada and the UK?! Damn.

Back