Does Ferguson have the Best lead hand in MMA right now?

Maori

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Tbh, not sure if thats a jab or a lead straight Fergusons throwing out atm.What I am sure of though is dude is delivering some serious damage/pain with it.

Im positive hes calling it a jab in interviews (sometimes it doesnt look traditional) but it seems like some 1 inch kung fu lead straight.

Thoughts?

2aET5BLNz6PAoNPapQ_HnLQVTdN1OZcVS0zPErbU5ZglbO8fR49PSXcVmV32D_-s434yJBM9bl4K4oJiJpl0E9uS_Uqblxst4gQB-FzC60NyMj_4=w462-h260-nc

Last edited:
I like how sometimes he jabs with his chin sticking straight up in the air and the opponent just misses his chin when they try to strike with him

He throws a jab and cross with his lead hand he switches it up between jab and lead cross

Last edited:
lately Bader's put together a nice lead left hook

tumblr_p8ne0rIwsv1qd4esao1_400.gif

tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_400.gif

Last edited:
He's throwing a power jab, and off an angle in that instance.

The initial push starts with the back foot, and he lands with both feet at the same time. This is one of the most powerful variations of the jab, but if you get countered while mid-air it's going to hurt and you're open to a double-leg.

Bader is throwing an overhand left in those two scenes, that's a smart move because he can feint a takedown into a long left hook.

Tony Ferguson the type of guy to have the Best lead hand in MMA right now

lately Bader's put together a nice lead left hook

tumblr_p8ne0rIwsv1qd4esao1_400.gif

tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_400.gif

Wouldn’t hold this up as an example of one of the best lead hands in MMA...

Tony Ferguson’s the type of guy who’s back hand is the best lead hand in MMA though

Last edited:
He has teh best jab for sure. Don’t wanna be touched ny that on the chin.

I wonder if when other fighters study the entire film of Tony's fights to conclusion, they become afraid of him. They realize what a force of nature he is. Separate him from consciousness is the only way to win. He's not getting subbed, ever. I would hate to study film of him. And Khabib. I know fighters will see all these openings, but they will also see their spirit. It probably psyches them out. If it doesn't. It should.

Nobody knows about any one technique Tony uses, so don't expect a lot of responses here. Nothing he does is predictable fight to fight except he gets worked in round 1 usually, not recently, then it's as robin black would say from his videos years ago, god i hate that ego-freak glam fruitcup, 'a ballet of violence.' Lead hand? Whatever. Whatever works with that guy man it's improv.

It's every punch he throws. He has very large hands for his size.

Best EPO dealer
I'm a Tony fan being honest. When T.J. popped, DW said something to the effect of "can you believe they dont normally test for EPO."

My first thought was Tony, then Kamaru and Colby.

I hope you are wrong man.

He's throwing a power jab, and off an angle in that instance.

The initial push starts with the back foot, and he lands with both feet at the same time. This is one of the most powerful variations of the jab, but if you get countered while mid-air it's going to hurt and you're open to a double-leg.

Bader is throwing an overhand left in those two scenes, that's a smart move because he can feint a takedown into a long left hook.
Sounds about right fella, fergs generating solid power in his lead hand to the point its snapping heads.

Wouldn’t hold this up as an example of one of the best lead hands in MMA...

of course Bader's not the best but name a fighter who's had more success recently with a lead hand than ko'ing 2 of his last 3 opponents in under a minute

I wonder if when other fighters study the entire film of Tony's fights to conclusion, they become afraid of him. They realize what a force of nature he is. Separate him from consciousness is the only way to win. He's not getting subbed, ever. I would hate to study film of him. And Khabib. I know fighters will see all these openings, but they will also see their spirit. It probably psyches them out. If it doesn't. It should.

Nobody knows about any one technique Tony uses, so don't expect a lot of responses here. Nothing he does is predictable fight to fight except he gets worked in round 1 usually, not recently, then it's as robin black would say from his videos years ago, god i hate that ego-freak glam fruitcup, 'a ballet of violence.' Lead hand? Whatever. Whatever works with that guy man it's improv.
Works off his lead hand as well, spinning elbows, straights, doubles up well, singles.Once the lead hand becomes a problem its game over

QueasyWindyChihuahua-small.gif

Sounds about right fella, fergs generating solid power in his lead hand to the point its snapping heads.
I disagree, I would call that a lead hook.

A jab is generally thrown straight and from your stance. Tony is stepping in here and throwing the punch with an arc. This would be scored as a "significant strike" in Boxing and therefore not a jab.

Either way though it's a nice and effective punch except for him leaving his head straight up and chin exposed but his reach advantage here let's him get away with it.

Tony hurts people Bad. After 3 rounds with him your face turns into hamburger. Can't wait for him to fight Khabib

Back