Does Ferguson have the Best lead hand in MMA right now?

I wonder if when other fighters study the entire film of Tony's fights to conclusion, they become afraid of him. They realize what a force of nature he is. Separate him from consciousness is the only way to win. He's not getting subbed, ever. I would hate to study film of him. And Khabib. I know fighters will see all these openings, but they will also see their spirit. It probably psyches them out. If it doesn't. It should.

Nobody knows about any one technique Tony uses, so don't expect a lot of responses here. Nothing he does is predictable fight to fight except he gets worked in round 1 usually, not recently, then it's as robin black would say from his videos years ago, god i hate that ego-freak glam fruitcup, 'a ballet of violence.' Lead hand? Whatever. Whatever works with that guy man it's improv.
It's like a jazz musician. Improvisational af

best lead hand... maybe

best lead foot when walking... probably not

Tonys striking is overrated as hell. His striking is effective because he can just eat whatever his opponent throws at him, which makes him one of the funnest fighters to watch.
I have a ton of respect for the way he fights. Not many can do that.

Tonys striking is overrated as hell. His striking is effective because he can just eat whatever his opponent throws at him, which makes him one of the funnest fighters to watch.
His striking is underrated. He is considered some no-defense striker when he factually has better defense than numerous guys who do not get the same flak for their defense.

Tony has a very good lead hand but its not one of his strengths IMO. His greatest asset is being such a natural fighter being comfortable everywhere the fight takes place.

Honorable mention would be Vicent Luque his left hook is fire.
EasyHilariousBass-size_restricted.gif
InnocentUnconsciousFrillneckedlizard-size_restricted.gif
Not the best GIF's lol but im sure he will showcase it Aug 10 when he fights Platinum.

His striking is underrated. He is considered some no-defense striker when he factually has better defense than numerous guys who do not get the same flak for their defense.

I don’t know about that but the striking stats in mma don’t paint the picture of what’s happening in a fight.
He’s not a bad striker. He’s not a great striker. What makes him a good striker is his ability to hurt you more than you can hurt him. He can get away with a lot more as he’s so durable.

If tony wasn’t tony a lot of guys would have
Been kod by the shots tony takes.
That’s a compliment to him. Very few guys are like that. And his bjj is killer too.
The man is a terror in their.

I'd say it's more a case of him taking a lot of risks in his striking. Watch how well he slips punches, rolls with punches, and adapts his counters to his opponent in any of his recent fights. All while being so unpredictable it's near impossible for his opponent to time his attacks, because he never throws the same combination twice and frequently switches stance. The guy is very technical, he just takes risks that most technical fighters wouldn't even consider

I'd say it's more a case of him taking a lot of risks in his striking. Watch how well he slips punches, rolls with punches, and adapts his counters to his opponent in any of his recent fights. All while being so unpredictable it's near impossible for his opponent to time his attacks, because he never throws the same combination twice and frequently switches stance. The guy is very technical, he just takes risks that most technical fighters wouldn't even
consider

Yeah I agree with a lot of that but man his chin is out there and it’s hard to miss.
Either way I ca t wait to watch his next fight.

Although he hasn't shown it recently, I'd argue Paul Daley has a better lead hand (especially the left hook).

McGregor bread and butter is that 1-2, he sets his shots up very well and the right jab is there more as a distance gauge and distraction for the left hammer coming directly behind
For lead hand?

Tony does a front-kick to lead-hand combo that I have not seen anybody else do.
It's magic to watch and he wrecked Cowboy with it all night.

“Great wits are to madness near allied
And thin partitions do their bounds divide.”
- John "Just Bleed" Dryden

Back