Does Fedor emelianenko potentially have aspergers/autism?

Africa5876

The Last GenderBender (Usada approved)
Banned
Reaction score
As someone with Asperger's, I have picked up on a couple behaviors from Fedor that make me suspect he is somewhere on the spectrum.

1. Lack of eye contact-
That's the main one, he doesn't look people in the eyes before he fights, and one big trait of people with Asperger's is lack of eye contact

2. His stone cold demeanor-
People with Asperger's usually don't express much with their face and that would explain why fedor seems so unusually calm all the time, this goes back to the eye contact and--

3. His lack of shittalk-
People with Asperger's tend to be not very fond of dealing with social situations so that might be a part of why he doesn't bother with any of the usual pre-fight antics and is always able to keep his cool.

Ofc, he gets along with people but you can still have Asperger's and be social but some of his behaviors are a bit sus and that not a bad thing at all.Another thing is his unsual body type (people with Asperger's can have weird body development) but I'mma stop there.

As someone with aspergers, Fedor is kinda inspirational in the sense that he's not your usual macho muscle head yet can still fucking annihilate people. Of course, there isn't a way to know 100 percent, but he is still a great role model nonetheless

Edit 1: apparently people don't understand you can have Asperger's and still pretty properly emote, talk to people, have fun, etc, just some of his behaviors are behaviors people with aspergers commonly have. I just think it's all very interesting, that's why I made the thread

Last edited:
Would this explain why he could't make it in the ufc?

I don't know man, I mean it's not outside the realms of possibility, but he just seems Russian to me lmao. A lot of Russian people I've met are stoic as fuck.

He doesn't make eye contact before fights on purpose. I think it's a very deliberate thing on his part. Of fighters I'd guess Nick Diaz has ASD before I'd guess Fedor.

As someone with Asperger's, I have picked up on a couple behaviors from Fedor that make me suspect he is somewhere on the spectrum.

1. Lack of eye contact-
That's the main one, he doesn't look people in the eyes before he fights, and one big trait of people with Asperger's is lack of eye contact

People with Asperger's usually don't express much with their face and that would explain why fedor seems so unusually calm all the time, this goes back to the eye contact and--

3. His lack of shittalk-
People with Asperger's tend to be not very fond of dealing with social situations so that might be a part of why he doesn't bother with any of the usual pre-fight antics and is always able to keep his cool.

Ofc, he gets along with people but you can still have Asperger's and be social but some of his behaviors are a bit sus and that not a bad thing at all.Another thing is his unsual body type (people with Asperger's can have weird body development) but I'mma stop there.

As someone with aspergers, Fedor is kinda inspirational in the sense that he's not your usual macho muscle head yet can still fucking annihilate people. Of course, there isn't a way to know 100 percent, but he is still a great role model nonetheless

No. You are viewing his body language and demeanor through a cultural lens. He is just from a different culture.

You're right. If he'd been a loud, obnoxious drama queen shitting all over himself only then could we safely assume he's a healthy, normal human being.

Hardest I’ve ever laughed at a thread title

Some people doesnt like the eye contact, makes them tilt quick or simply unconfortable...

Aren’t you the guy that just started watching MMA last year?

<{chips}>

7siv0u3axxj21.jpg

Sherdog psychologists inbound

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

fedor-thumbs-down-GIF.gif

Aspergers have weird kind of humor.

20787r7.gif

1. Lack of eye contact-

3. His lack of shittalk-

I have had conversations with him and he made eye contract the entire time. He also said in interviews the reason he doesn't make eye contact or show emotion is because its wasted energy and can also lead to energy dumps from falsely hyping yourself up. He might have aspergers or autism. i wouldnt know for sure. But the eye contact and emotion he has spoken on before. He is also a very funny person and was cracking a lot of jokes.

Autism requires introversive intellect. That is not Russians. Fedor is just stoic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back