Does current Dustin beat the 2014 version of Conor that he lost to?

You're probably right about being a better boxer, but better fighter? Conor relies almost entirely on knocking out an opponent in the first 1-2 rounds. He's built a great career out of it, but he hasn't shown much else. His defensive grappling is very poor by UFC standards, as evidenced by literally all of his losses being by submission. Even though I don't believe his cardio is as bad as everyone says, he's not renowned as a conditioning machine. His one victory in a five round fight against Diaz (which I thought he lost) he spent the last closing round getting pounded on with Diaz on top of him.

Poirier, on the other hand, has several victories by submission and decision, including two that went five full rounds, and he's shown he can finish people in the later rounds as well as the early ones.
Conor already beat him. He also went 5 rounds with Nate.

We’ve also recently scene Dustin gas against Khabib.

Probably but the difference between the 2 is small. Poirer has been an awesome fighter forever.

His defensive grappling is very poor by UFC standards, as evidenced by literally all of his losses being by submission.

disagree with that. His grappling defense is pretty good, only when he gets tired, it becomes shit and he gives up his back.

disagree with that. His grappling defense is pretty good, only when he gets tired, it becomes shit and he gives up his back.
Most sherdoggers really shouldn't talk about grappling.

It gets pretty cringy

Current Dustin destroys 2014 conor and current conor for sure.

no doubt in my mind.

Dustin like absolutely kills both versions.

You mean the actual Conor who weighted in at 145? Might be close given Poirer has filled out and would be a veteran fighting a skinny rookie Conor but I'd still favor Conor.

Most sherdoggers really shouldn't talk about grappling.

It gets pretty cringy
Yeah. Conor's grappling defense is pretty good. Its not elite, but its pretty good. Khabib had a little bit difficulty passing his guard, usually he just passes it rather easily. The grappling defense is enough to hold up against Dustin Poirier.

Dude's response kinda reminds of when I would see posts all over the internet of Poirier having a chance against Khabib and people saying Dustin trains in Lousiana so he'll be use to the desert heat better than khabib would be<Lmaoo>

If he wins, I'll give him all the props, but I believe Conor is going to knock him out.

Dustin Poirier will run through Conor McGregor in Janaury. By the way for those that actually watched the first fight live like myself (the first DP vs McG fight) McGregor landed like 3 or 4 illegal shots to the back of the head and then the ref called the fight a little pre maturely. It was a fluke.

Alot of people felt that the UFC was paving the way for McGregor and wanted him to stay in the win column so they could create a cash cow which they did. That is why the ref was so quick to stop the fight.

They wanted to keep their golden boy squeaky clean so that he could go on to fight Jose Aldo to retain the FW belt, which ended up being Chad Mendes for the interim and then he went on to beat Jose Aldo via fluke knockout. I will never forget the look on Lorenzo Fertittas face whenever he found out that Jose Aldo was going to pull out with a rib injury LMAO that was classic UFC shit! That was the biggest fight in the history of the UFC and Aldo pulls out last minute with of all things a pussy ass rib injury! LMAO <45><45><45><45><Moves>

Last edited:
I will start by saying I think Dustin wins currently in a 155 bout. I don’t know even his current form could beat a hungry Conor at 145. I think Conor was a better fighter then. All the money has taken away some of his killer instinct and ability to face adversity.

You're probably right about being a better boxer, but better fighter? Conor relies almost entirely on knocking out an opponent in the first 1-2 rounds. He's built a great career out of it, but he hasn't shown much else. His defensive grappling is very poor by UFC standards, as evidenced by literally all of his losses being by submission. Even though I don't believe his cardio is as bad as everyone says, he's not renowned as a conditioning machine. His one victory in a five round fight against Diaz (which I thought he lost) he spent the last closing round getting pounded on with Diaz on top of him.

Poirier, on the other hand, has several victories by submission and decision, including two that went five full rounds, and he's shown he can finish people in the later rounds as well as the early ones.
Conor has a very good defensive grappling. Khabib couldn’t do anything to him in the first round while Conor was still fresh. He has 4 loses, all by submission. 2 of them very early in his career when his grappling really wasn’t good yet and a loss to Nate and Khabib. Both of those came when Conor was already drained.
Conor’s stamina is not bad, but when it’s gone it’s gone completely. And when he fights cardio freaks or elite wrestlers that’s always a possibility

Dustin Poirier will run through Conor McGregor in Janaury. By the way for those that actually watched the first fight live like myself (the first DP vs McG fight) McGregor landed like 3 or 4 illegal shots to the back of the head and then the ref called the fight a little pre maturely. It was a fluke.

Alot of people felt that the UFC was paving the way for McGregor and wanted him to stay in the win column so they could create a cash cow which they did. That is why the ref was so quick to stop the fight.

They wanted to keep their golden boy squeaky clean so that he could go on to fight Jose Aldo to retain the FW belt, which ended up being Chad Mendes for the interim and then he went on to beat Jose Aldo via fluke knockout.
{<jordan}

Nope. Conor also hit his ceiling quite early, 2014 Conor is practically the same as the Conor that fought Cerrone.

Dustin has improved since then but he was really damn good back then as well. Dustin is so well rounded, he never really gets the respect he deserves.

Nope. Conor also hit his ceiling quite early, 2014 Conor is practically the same as the Conor that fought Cerrone.
Conor is not Dan Hooker...thats all everybody needs to know

Dustin improved some but so did Conor. Conors still the better fighter and boxer. Conor will mentally break him again.
Mentally break him? He got KTFO. As in his brain got shut off.

Got nothing to do with "mentally break".

Dustin was doing well ...until Conor caught him.

I’m not sure who wins the rematch tbh. Dustin is still there to be hit, meanwhile Conor can’t bust a grape after 8 minutes.

Current Poirier beats any version of McGregor.

Conor has a very good defensive grappling. Khabib couldn’t do anything to him in the first round while Conor was still fresh. He has 4 loses, all by submission. 2 of them very early in his career when his grappling really wasn’t good yet and a loss to Nate and Khabib. Both of those came when Conor was already drained.
Conor’s stamina is not bad, but when it’s gone it’s gone completely. And when he fights cardio freaks or elite wrestlers that’s always a possibility

Conor’s cardio is terrible. In the one fight where he actually pushed through to a 5th round, he barely won in a majority decision and when the final bell rang, he was on his back, looking like he couldn’t survive another minute.

Conor’s cardio is terrible. In the one fight where he actually pushed through to a 5th round, he barely won in a majority decision and when the final bell rang, he was on his back, looking like he couldn’t survive another minute.
He won a 5 round fight against a cardio machine Nate Diaz. You can’t call his cardio terrible.
Conor also won round 3 against Khabib, schooled Max for 3 rounds at FW and KOed a gassed out Mendes. His cardio is fine

Back