Does current Dustin beat the 2014 version of Conor that he lost to?

It's very easy to win of Conrat if you have the patience and discipline to wait till the 3rd round and don't panic in the first 2.
Just don't throw the right hand against Conrat in the first 2 rounds and you will win by condition. Don't throw when you get pressured at all cost. Move and jab for 2 rounds.

Most coaches do a poor job preparing their fighters against Conrat.

Reactions: G10
It's very easy to win of Conrat if you have the patience and discipline to wait till the 3rd round and don't panic in the first 2.
Just don't throw the right hand against Conrat in the first 2 rounds and you will win by condition.
wow nice analysis,how do you beat khabib? "just don`t let him take you down"

wow nice analysis,how do you beat khabib? "just don`t let him take you down"

Your comparison fails. Khabib doesn't need you to shoot on you. He is independent of your movement. He can get it from any position.
Conrat needs a right hand of an opponent to counter. Conor is dependent of his opponent throwing the right hand.
It's easy for a disciplined fighter to not throw his right hand. That can be controlled by movement.

Dustin improved some but so did Conor. Conors still the better fighter and boxer. Conor will mentally break him again.

Porier has done nothing except get better. He's literally in the peak point of his career currently.

While I agree that he's made improvements, the kind of brawl he invited Hooker into in the first two rounds is more than likely going to get him Knocked the FUCK out against Conor.

We're really going to have to see a patient Poirier in there. He's got the right tools to cause problems but can he make it long enough to use them. He likely won't win a fight going blow for blow with Conor. Even if it's not his strength he's going to have to try and Wrestle McGregor early and get him tired.

While I agree that he's made improvements, the kind of brawl he invited Hooker into in the first two rounds is more than likely going to get him Knocked the FUCK out against Conor.

We're really going to have to see a patient Poirier in there. He's got the right tools to cause problems but can he make it long enough to use them. He likely won't win a fight going blow for blow with Conor. Even if it's not his strength he's going to have to try and Wrestle McGregor early and get him tired.
From what I understand we saw patient Porier during the first 2 rounds and then Dustin went into war/brawl mode the rest of the fight. He said that much in the post fight and added he promised his wife he wouldn't fight like that anymore. I think that is exactly why he raised his price tag so much and got 2 fights (Ferguson and Chandler) scrapped because of it.

dustin isn't some kind of magical defensive fighter that doens't get hit, nor is he a great wrestler. conor tags almost everyone with huge shots. the fact that dustin will most likely strike with conor doesn't bode well for him. so yeah I would favor conor.

Uh I don't know? Conor going to KO him again though..

From what I understand we saw patient Porier during the first 2 rounds and then Dustin went into war/brawl mode the rest of the fight. He said that much in the post fight and added he promised his wife he wouldn't fight like that anymore. I think that is exactly why he raised his price tag so much and got 2 fights (Ferguson and Chandler) scrapped because of it.

If you thought we saw Patient Poirier in the first 2 rounds where he got hit with a Total of 99 Significant Strikes I really don't know what to tell you. You're a good dude, but that was a FUCKING brawl. Round 2 wasn't touted as one of the best Rounds of the year because he was Patient, he was trading in the phone booth getting hit with over 60+ Significant Strikes that round.

He only really initiated grappling when Hooker was tired, even in the Max fight, he resorted to grappling in the 4th and 5th round to smother Max and stall.

I just think Conor's fights have been easy to pick. Whenever he fights a strong wrestler his head gets GnP'd until fluffy Conan hair. He'll struggle hard, and in wins too. Whenever he faces a brawler, unless that's zombie Diaz, he'll style on them.

I think Poirier has improved more than Conor has since then just because he's fought more. When Poirier fought Conor, he was still very much a blood-and-guts brawler with grappling savy. He's much more well-rounded and mentally strong now, and I do think he would beat 2014 Conor.

As for Conor, we saw the best version of him when he fought Alvarez, who's a pretty good approximation of Poirier. Skill-for-skill, I think Poirier is better than Alvarez in most respects, but that makes him a stylistically easy opponent for Conor.

Just think of Dan Hooker...and just think about how many times he tagged Justin those 2 first rounds and triple that, cuz thats what Conor will do to Dustin...no joke.

Dustins boxing is being way overrated here, boxing is not just an offensive game, sure he has improved offensively but Poirier still has a shitty defense and litterally zero head movement/guard/slips. And he sure is not taking Conor down.

He grinded out the W vs Dan but Conor is the best sniper striker in the game and I have no doubt that he will completely destroy Dustin yet again within 2 rounds.

Dustin improved some but so did Conor. Conors still the better fighter and boxer. Conor will mentally break him again.

You're probably right about being a better boxer, but better fighter? Conor relies almost entirely on knocking out an opponent in the first 1-2 rounds. He's built a great career out of it, but he hasn't shown much else. His defensive grappling is very poor by UFC standards, as evidenced by literally all of his losses being by submission. Even though I don't believe his cardio is as bad as everyone says, he's not renowned as a conditioning machine. His one victory in a five round fight against Diaz (which I thought he lost) he spent the last closing round getting pounded on with Diaz on top of him.

Poirier, on the other hand, has several victories by submission and decision, including two that went five full rounds, and he's shown he can finish people in the later rounds as well as the early ones.

Back