• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Conor have an inability to learn sub defense

There is always a limit and there are levels. You cannot compete against guys that have been doing this since literally 4 years old (e.g. Floyd, Khabib, etc), you add that to the fact that they are probably very talented s well. How can you beat that?
When Floyd won third in the olympics he was 18 and Khabib was a Sambo World Champion (not easy in Russia) at 19 years old. I believe Conor was sparring with ladies at that age and he had like 2 years of MMA training experience. Of course this only proves that Conor is a very talented athlete who survived very well against this two animals.

Last edited:
Joe Rogan pointed out how Conor could of defended it.

buhakotfelbz.jpg

Or....it's the exhaustion.

Seriously Sherdoggers amuse me with their reasons why this or that happened. Seems like 90% of the time it's something emotional or mental they want to be true. Conor gets on people's nerves a lot, so they want to project that back onto him.

Now we are moving back to the days when tapping is considered "giving up" in the sense of lack of heart, rather than what it is: just another way of losing.

And his ground defense looks fine. He gassed against both Nate Diaz and Khabib Nurmagomedov, and both of those guys are superior on the ground to the vast majority of MMA fighters anyway. He defended against Khabib for 4 rounds, able to mitigate a lot of damage. He even defended a guillotine on the ground against Diaz before eventually getting subbed.....sooo...really how many more of these threads.

TS thinks submission defense is like on the UFC games where all you have to do is press buttons to avoid them lol

He is another Anthony Johnson, he just crumbles once he face adversity

His cardio problem is probably a bigger issue, truthfully.

That bleeds into everything in MMA, but especially grappling.

He has SOME heart, but not great heart. I honestly don't think he cares if he wins or loses, he get's paid huge either way. He's into money, not winning. He wants to fight Habib again right away not because he thinks he can win, but he doesn't want to waste the marketing 'heat'. Max value.

Seriously Sherdoggers amuse me with their reasons why this or that happened. Seems like 90% of the time it's something emotional or mental they want to be true. Conor gets on people's nerves a lot, so they want to project that back onto him.

Now we are moving back to the days when tapping is considered "giving up" in the sense of lack of heart, rather than what it is: just another way of losing.

And his ground defense looks fine. He gassed against both Nate Diaz and Khabib Nurmagomedov, and both of those guys are superior on the ground to the vast majority of MMA fighters anyway. He defended against Khabib for 4 rounds, able to mitigate a lot of damage. He even defended a guillotine on the ground against Diaz before eventually getting subbed.....sooo...really how many more of these threads.
You know there are going to be thousands more...

I'd say he literally has a "sub defense" that he uses (typically by giving up his neck) to stop his face from getting beaten in more.

Conor’s bjj is legit , it’s just that he is usually extremely tired which makes it easier to tap anyone.

Lol. He got subbed once as a noob and twice after getting his ass kicked. He obviously isn’t the best grappler out there but he is still very good. If he wasn’t, it wouldn’t have taken Khabib 4 rounds to get him.

Logic has no place on Sherdog!

Of course his sub defence could be better, and of course he has the capacity to get better/learn, but I think you're overstating the problem.

I mean, much as I hate the guy, and as much as he got owned by Khabib......He still went 4 rounds against an extremely good/dangerous fighter before he got subbed.

I can't take that away from the Leprechaun

Lol. He got subbed once as a noob and twice after getting his ass kicked. He obviously isn’t the best grappler out there but he is still very good. If he wasn’t, it wouldn’t have taken Khabib 4 rounds to get him.
Ok i get it so let's ignore all the times we were told Conor is training bjj and has improved. Let's ignore wht Ali and Rogan said about Conor could have defended it but didnt know how.

Conor’s BJJ is great as long as he’s rolling with scrubs in Ireland. Dude needs to train at an elite grappling camp or he’ll never be able to defend against a monster like Khabib

In the UFC, Conor has been tapped by Nate and Khabib.

It's not like he's being submitted by bums.
Well to be fair, they're bums before the fight, absolute world beaters after they win.

According to some.

Maybe he's like Sonnen. He never did learn how to defend a triangle.

Of course his sub defence could be better, and of course he has the capacity to get better/learn, but I think you're overstating the problem.

I mean, much as I hate the guy, and as much as he got owned by Khabib......He still went 4 rounds against an extremely good/dangerous fighter before he got subbed.

I can't take that away from the Leprechaun
So if the Conor vs Cowboy match happens, could Conor weather the storm if it goes to the ground?

Also keep in mind when Frank Trigg kept getting subbed it was a wrap but i guess Conor gets a pass.

Back