• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Colby Covington deserve a title shot?

No, but he’s fighting for the belt, so fuck it. Leon’s gonna beat him up anyway and hopefully we’ll never deal with his bs title shots anymore.

Not based on wins and losses but I also don't care because Colby is very good at fighting think he's probably at worst the third best WW (4th if you count Usman) in the UFC behind Leon and Shavkat. I'd feel pretty comfortable picking him to beat Belal, Gilbert, and the rest of the top 10

Colby getting the next title shot was part of the deal when Mas settled with Colby out of court that Colby would receive a title shot upon his return

Its also why Mas took a fight against Burns to help pay for the settlement before he retired

The UFC possibly did not want the Colby vs Mas case going to trial which would have brought bad press to the UFC so they "assisted" Mas with this one

No. I can see him retiring if Edwards rekts him.

He brings name recognition, and can hype a fight. That's all that really matters for the UFC. Deserve? Probably not, but more than you or I.

Of course not but I admit it is funny watching many of the same ppl who said he & his gimmick were stupid & won't work because nobody cares about Colby(!).

Now it's "well it only worked because Colby has proof that Dana went to Epstein Island or something."

Copers gonna cope

No. He hasn't beaten any contenders on a winning streak. If it's about whos done what then Belal should be fighting for the belt. Hes got the best resume of all available contenders.

hell no, he ducked woodlye from all his prime years got left face down ass up by usman in their first fight and got his ass handed to him in their second fight, this serial duck artist has been in the title picture for the last 5 years, that's half a decade of this ass bag ducking and losing fights that the fans have had to put up with his nonsense and the fighters have had to put up with this entitled brat skipping the line, HELL NO HE DOESN'T DESERVE A TITLE SHOT the fact that he's even getting the shot against leon just shows how mma at least in the ufc is no longer a sport, it's not even a business in the sense that colby doesn't draw, it's a shit show and a circus and I hope Leon wins against colby and the match makers never let him cut the line again and he EARNS his next title shot

Of course not but I admit it is funny watching many of the same ppl who said he & his gimmick were stupid & won't work because nobody cares about Colby(!).

Now it's "well it only worked because Colby has proof that Dana went to Epstein Island or something."

Copers gonna cope
it is stupid and didn't work because colby litterally draws nothing and brings in no attention from anyone

No lol, but it’s been ages since the fight was announced so at this point it’s kind of like get over it

No..

And this exactly why UFC fighters should be looking at PFL..

Imagine working your ass for years and shit pay to get into title contention and this clown comes off a 1 year break if not longer and take a title shot right away ..

If the UFC isnt careful and if the fighters smarten up...we could see some change overs..

Look at OAM .. just fought 2 years at PFL won over 2 mill...meanwhile Shavkat and Belal stuck fighting real contenders for 150k max a year if that and Colby strolls into a title shot with out so much as a fight in 1 year ...LOL..

Greed is real...but it only works if you play along with the system...

Shavkat could probably go to PFL and win the tournament for the next 3 years and make more money then his entire UFC career so far..and he would be a 3 time world champion with and have a undefeated record intact and rival Khabib in numbers...he would be close to if not past 30-0

This is a dangerous and bad move by the UFC...they need to get back to more sport based decisions and less entertainment based ones...

Guys are working too hard to be leaped over by people who talk on a mic well...this is a combat sport not a speaking competition

He should get title shots every year until the end of time so we can see daily threads complaining about it.

Back