Does Carla Esparza have a solid chance against Tatiana?

I think this fight will look like Casey VS Waterson as far as size/bulk and be dictated in a similar fashion. The main difference being the larger fighter will want to get it to the ground instead of stand.

I dunno though, the carla rocking gadhela had them hands. Maybe she batters Suarez on the feet and delays takedowns while landing her infamous volume shots. Defintely think if it goes to decision Carla will have a chance.

Not really. Grasso, Randa Markos, and Carla are all around the same level which is somewhere around the 10-15 ranks in the division. Carla is ranked a lot higher since she started at the top thanks to TUF, but she doesn't have a single win over a top 10 fighter and her best performance was a close loss against Claudia who was fighting with a blown knee. For some reason, folks think Carla has good striking because she dropped bum knee Claudia, but they forget that Claudia dropped her twice in the same round and almost had her tapped out.

I appreciate the quality reply. However, how can the sentence in red be right when she has a victory over the current champ?

lol
<{cruzshake}>

Carla is comfortably within the top 10.

I'd bet the farm on her vs KK for instance. Hope they make that matchup coz the way ppl act Carla would be the underdog again...

She also has wins over Torres, Herrig (both in the current top 10), and I'd certainly favour her over Waterson and Casey too...
Calvillo (who she also has a win over) is only not in the top 10 because of her testing positive for the Devil's Lettuce. She was #6 when they fought.
Moroz was also ranked top 10 at the time of their fight.

<Dany07>

You know, other than her win over the current champion... (and the several listed above...)

It's pretty easy to forget Shit That Never Happened.

<{cruzshake}>

He fucking OWNED you, @aerius Literally everything you said was wrong. Are you Donald Trump?

Esparza WRECKS this hype job.

Love Carla, but this is the worse fight she had since she fought Joanna.

Tatiana's grappling is so much better than Carla's and it sucks cause Carla is a wrestler and try to out grapple her opponents.

If Tatiana get her striking to the level of her grappling, she could be the future champion.

Her wins over Torres and Herrig happened in the days of the dinosaurs, it has about as much relevance as Zingano's win over Nunes. Carla is still essentially the same fighter, Torres and Herrig have progressed significantly since then. I'll give you Moroz, but Calvillo's #6 ranking at the time was 100% BS and you know that as well as everyone else.

I agree she could beat Waterson and Casey, but Grasso and Ansaroff can beat her and Markos has already done so. As I said, she's somewhere in the 10-15 range.

<{cruzshake}>

I think we both know that you wouldn't pick grasso with any confidence against Carla. Carla may be the same fighter—although, I think she's improved a bit with her stand up— but Grasso is looking worse and worse each fight; she's just not reliable. The Markos fight also could have easily gone in Carla's favor. Ansaroff is underrated, she'd stand a good shot against Carla, but I don't know if I'd favor her.

I usually find myself agreeing with you, but I feel like you're overlooking carla a bit here.

Serious never has anything positive to say about any fighter, ever. He’s basically Endless Critic 2.0, except EC is a gimmick poster.

Carla only really got decisively outstruck in one fight (vs a top rank striker with god tier TDD and who is 2 natural weight classes bigger), but for most people that's the only fight of hers they think about.

I'd say it annoys me, but if I keep getting good odds on her as a result of it then I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Bring on the KK, Grasso, and Ansaroff matches. Will post vids of my new Lambo (in the style of an annoying youtube ad) if they make her an underdog in all three.

(...that said, I bet on Tatiana this time :D )

But will you be the youngest flexer of the century?

Serious never has anything positive to say about any fighter, ever. He’s basically Endless Critic 2.0, except EC is a gimmick poster.

I have many positive things to say about fighters, all they have to do is not be stupid and suck.

For instance, Ketlen Vieira - http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/marion-reneau-vs-ketlen-vieira-who-you-got.3731693/#post-139621821
Minna and Pearl - http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/o...-discussion-25.3643955/page-79#post-139694117
Tatiana Suarez - http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/o...discussion-25.3643955/page-107#post-141377389

And with the better known fighters like Nunes, Rose, Joanna, or Claudia there's scores of posts where I have good things to say about them.

You can no longer claim ignorance. If you still choose to claim that I never have anything positive to say, you're welcome to join the rest of the lying shitbags on my ignore list.

I have many positive things to say about fighters, all they have to do is not be stupid and suck.

For instance, Ketlen Vieira - http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/marion-reneau-vs-ketlen-vieira-who-you-got.3731693/#post-139621821
Minna and Pearl - http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/o...-discussion-25.3643955/page-79#post-139694117
Tatiana Suarez - http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/o...discussion-25.3643955/page-107#post-141377389

And with the better known fighters like Nunes, Rose, Joanna, or Claudia there's scores of posts where I have good things to say about them.

You can no longer claim ignorance. If you still choose to claim that I never have anything positive to say, you're welcome to join the rest of the lying shitbags on my ignore list.
Okay, fine, you rarely have anything positive to say about fighters, and generally have a nit picky tone which can’t be denied. Happy now, sensitive little snow flake?

Okay, fine, you rarely have anything positive to say about fighters, and generally have a nit picky tone which can’t be denied. Happy now, sensitive little snow flake?

He frequently has good things to say about Shevchenko.

Lack of finishes in WMMA is a claim much exaggerated by Sherdoggers. And Tatiana had a 100% finish rate during TUF. 67% finish rate as a pro.

Well, it is not as if facts are really central to most discussions here.

I’ve seen Esparza fight 3 times. When she got brutalized by Joanna, and when she got shafted (heh) against Markos and Gadelha. I feel like she won both of those fights but the judges saw it differently. She has to be due for a close decision to go her way, right? No, probably not. Suarez by close decision.

I think we both know that you wouldn't pick grasso with any confidence against Carla. Carla may be the same fighter—although, I think she's improved a bit with her stand up— but Grasso is looking worse and worse each fight; she's just not reliable. The Markos fight also could have easily gone in Carla's favor. Ansaroff is underrated, she'd stand a good shot against Carla, but I don't know if I'd favor her.

I usually find myself agreeing with you, but I feel like you're overlooking carla a bit here.

Carla is back to where she was when she fought Rose on the TUF Finale. Thing is Joanna beat the fight out of her and regressed her significantly, so all the improvements since then are basically Carla getting back to where she was before.

As for matchups, yes, sadly, Grasso is regressing but I think the fight's about 50/50. Markos is on the downswing as well and a rematch would definitely favour Carla. Ansaroff on the other hand is on the upside of her career and I think she'd badly blow out Carla. Overall, my point remains, Carla's at around the level of the fighters I mentioned, she's a borderline top 10 and currently ranked higher than she should be.

Carla is back to where she was when she fought Rose on the TUF Finale. Thing is Joanna beat the fight out of her and regressed her significantly, so all the improvements since then are basically Carla getting back to where she was before.

As for matchups, yes, sadly, Grasso is regressing but I think the fight's about 50/50. Markos is on the downswing as well and a rematch would definitely favour Carla. Ansaroff on the other hand is on the upside of her career and I think she'd badly blow out Carla. Overall, my point remains, Carla's at around the level of the fighters I mentioned, she's a borderline top 10 and currently ranked higher than she should be.

You express your opinions with such finality that i almost forget it's your opinion. I think Carla is top 10. I don't know her current ranking, but anywhere from 6-10 seems fine to me.

Nobody said she didn’t lol. That’s great that you’re a Gadelha fan, I could care less about either, but I know a robbery when I see one. I’m sure a rematch will happen in the future
Bro... Claudia won 2 rounds clear as fucking day. In what world did she not? I’m so confused that people actually argue that carla won..

Bro... Claudia won 2 rounds clear as fucking day. In what world did she not? I’m so confused that people actually argue that carla won..

I think it's the Jones-Gustaffson effect at work, wherein if a fighter isn't blown out of the water like they expected they think the fight was closer than it actually was and therefore a robbery. I thought it was a clear 28-27 for Claudia, but apparently a bunch of other folks including one of the judges saw Claudia get knocked down in round 1 and promptly forgot about everything else that happened in that round.

Back