**Does Betch have power??

She doesn't even have a punchers chance in this fight.

i agree with most of the 'predictions' in this thread, but not this.

Anybody has a punchers chance, especially in a title bout (not saying Bethe is a great contender. I mean, not even a good one).

to be honest, she beat Duke in an unanimous decision and TKOed Baszler, both Ronda's teammates. Neither are good, yeah, but well, she might have learned something. Plus, shes also unbeaten, which means nobody could fight a way to win against her. Not that any opponent was good, but facts are facts.

that said, clearly Ronda is favorite by far, and a lot. Nothing a heavy combo followed by some gnp cant fix. Really remote chances of happening, though.

Lotta people saying power like that is what knocks people out.

It's impact/handspeed and accuracy that does the trick. Those are a bigger factor with light UFC gloves than power.

Look at Jo Jed for example. She is a wet noodle, but she has accurate and fast hands that stun her opponents and eventually they are out on their feet.

Connor is not an incredibly powerfull puncher but his strikes are accurate and lightning fast. A few of those and you are on queer street.

Bethe may be a very powerfull puncher, but without accuracy and handspeed it just dosent cut the mustard.

There's at least 20 pounds between them. However I wasn't saying Ronda is significantly smaller, I was saying that is the argument the person I responded to was putting forth as the reason Ronda is a coward which doesn't make sense.

Your analogy was just plain stupid and pathetic....just admit it and try harder next time...

Watch her fight against Baszler and see how much power she has

Rondas going to use this fight to showcase her striking.

This is the opponent to do it. She doesn't pose a high threat and if Meisha, Sarah and Kat couldn't drop her Bethe certainly won't.

No, but I think the fighter to beat Ronda is someone who can pick her apart on the feet not knock her out. Keep her at bay with jabs and make it a really slow boxing match, that's why I am interested in seeing what Holm can do against her in the future.

Holm hurried away from Braekhus and sprinted into MMA as soon as she saw UFC had Ronda as its champion. Look at the timeline of Cecilia's open challenge, Holm's retirement and Ronda's elevation in UFC.
Holm sees a hyped short, slow, grappler with limited to no striking ability that she can pick apart at range. Ronda has no defense and a midget 66 inch reach so she'll gonna have a hard time even touching Holm much less armbarring her. Holm thinks she's slick but she's really a coward scared to death of Cecilia Braekhus

No. She's slow and most of her fights go to decision.

She's also a blue belt in BJJ with no other grappling exp

words can't describe how much of a mismatch this is.

Does someone have power? Watch them hit a heavy bag. Notice the weight of the bag and whether they are pushing the bag (which makes the bag move more) or striking the bag or a combination.

Neither ronda or Betch could bruise a grape. I've been watching boxers and hitting a bag myself since BEFORE Ali - Frazier I.

ufc-175-rr-punchwatermarked.gif

Absolutely not and she has zero chance of winning this fight.

Significantly smaller? Rousey fought at Cyborgs weight-class at the beginning of her MMA career, she really isn't that much smaller than her. Neither is a coward, neither is ducking, Cyborg has trouble making the weight and Rousey prefers to stay at her weight class.

It's a stupid argument really, the fight may or may not happen in the future, no need to bicker about it in the meantime.

Cyborg walks around at 175 lbs ripped like a bodybuilder. Ronda walks around at 150lbs and looks like she gains mostly fat in between fights. There is a significant size difference between the two. Saying Ronda used to fight at Cyborgs weight means nothing when Ronda wasnt cutting to make the weight and Cyborg is cutting 30lbs and struggling to do it. Ronda makes 135 in 3 days and only drains water on the last day before weigh in. Cyborg has missed weight by 7 lbs before and got caught using a weight cutting steroid on another occassion. Those are facts.

I dont know if the term one shot KO power applies so much to wmma. I mean, has there even been one KO so far??

Significantly smaller? Rousey fought at Cyborgs weight-class at the beginning of her MMA career, she really isn't that much smaller than her. Neither is a coward, neither is ducking, Cyborg has trouble making the weight and Rousey prefers to stay at her weight class.

It's a stupid argument really, the fight may or may not happen in the future, no need to bicker about it in the meantime.

Exactly. Ronda was TST at 155.

RondaRousey605x240.jpg

I dont know if the term one shot KO power applies so much to wmma. I mean, has there even been one KO so far??

Yes. Ronda ko'd Davis with one punch to the temple. You can see her whole body go limp before Ronda grabbed her, kneed her and threw her.

Back