Does Belfort get a title shot if he beats Bisping?

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If Belfort wins, does he get a title shot? He'd be 3-0 at MW since losing to Silva, and had a good showing against Jones despite stepping in on short notice/being a weight class below him, as well as it's been 2 years since they fought. MW's kind of cluttered right now, and Silva probably is staying out till July so the timing's right. Now whether Silva would take the rematch is another thing, but I'd watch the fight if they made it.

Also, the fights in Brazil. I'd love if Anderson were there and got in the cage to meet the winner (seeing as we know he wants Bisping and Dana has said Bisping gets a title shot with the win). I love in cage fight announcements and I'm still pissed Silva didn't get in the cage after GSP/Condit as I was there live and the place would've went nuts

No, he has already had two in his last 5 fights or something.

He isn't bj penn or couture.

Edit: last 4 fights.

If Belfort wins, does he get a title shot? He'd be 3-0 at MW since losing to Silva, and had a good showing against Jones despite stepping in on short notice/being a weight class below him, as well as it's been 2 years since they fought. MW's kind of cluttered right now, and Silva probably is staying out till July so the timing's right. Now whether Silva would take the rematch is another thing, but I'd watch the fight if they made it.

Also, the fights in Brazil. I'd love if Anderson were there and got in the cage to meet the winner (seeing as we know he wants Bisping and Dana has said Bisping gets a title shot with the win). I love in cage fight announcements and I'm still pissed Silva didn't get in the cage after GSP/Condit as I was there live and the place would've went nuts

No. He has had 2 chances in 2 different weight classes in the last year and a half and has blown both of them

no he'll get the hendo treatment (no title shot)

although if bisping wins, he will get the title shot

ufc brass love bisping

Well we've seen him get title shots doing much less, I'd say anything is possible at this point.

But that isn't the fight people want.

I think he should do but for some reason the UFC and media seem to be making a huge deal about his loss to Silva still. It was a great fight for the short time it lasted and I'm desperate to see a rematch before one of them retires!

Although hes had 2 title shots, i dont think the one against Jones should be held against him in regards to earning another one. He stepped in to help the UFC by taking the Jones fight. If he beats bisping, and anotehr top 5, i say he deserves another one.

no. theres 10 guys in front of him. hes done nothing at middleweight to warrent 1 title shot, let alone 2 shots.

He doesn't deserve one

Bisping beating Belfort is just the cherry on top for him, you could argue he deserves the shot without this win

but can you do the same for Belfort?

no. theres 10 guys in front of him. hes done nothing at middleweight to warrent 1 title shot, let alone 2 shots.

Its funny, with a win over bisping I would consider him having done more for a title shot now then when he got his mw title shot against anderson.

Too bad hes already had his shot, and a couple people's shot at lhw to boot.

Not immediately but he's back in the picture and will get matched up with another top contender. If he were to win another fight against a top 5 guy. Then yeah I think he would get another shot.

He doesn't deserve one

Bisping beating Belfort is just the cherry on top for him, you could argue he deserves the shot without this win

but can you do the same for Belfort?

Last 3 fights, belfort has a win at mw over akiyama, win at rumble weight, and loss to Jone Jones.

Last 3 fights, Bisping has a win over stann, loss to chael, and win over miller.

Both look ok. I don't think belfort should get a title shot, but he hasn't looked horrible either. One more win after a potential bisping win and he would definately deserve one.

If you cant go a round with the champion the first time its gonna be very hard to make a second fight sound interesting

If he looks good beating Bisping, I'd have no problem with him getting a shot. That'd be KO Akiyama, Sub Johnson and looking good against Bisping in his last 3 mw fights. That's a good resume. Plus he's a name and has some sort of chance of beating Silva.

No, but they might set his next fight as a #1 contender fight with Weidman or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back