Media Does Belal Muhammad deserve more respect?

9 fight win streak, 3 top 5 wins. Not sure anyone else has had to jump through that many hoops to get a title shot. Colby gets them by fighting an old 0-2 fighter and sitting out for a year. Leon didn't even face a top 5 opponent to get his title shot.
Leon was basically in Belal's position not too long ago; a guy with a huge win streak that everyone complained about for being boring.
he had his breakout moment when he won the title. maybe Belal will have a breakout moment when he gets a title shot?

Lol, no he isn't. His fights with Usman were forced to be striking battles because neither could control the other. Otherwise he's a boring grinder.
his fight against Lawler was great; Colby set a striking record in WW that night i believe. lots of activity on the feet and wrestling.
his fight with Masvidal was great too. 5 rounds of nonstop GNP and takedowns.
and of course the two fights with Usman were constant action.

compare those to Belal's fight vs Burns. Colby, while not having much power in his hands, fights with urgency. Belal seems to know he's ahead and just coasts when he feels he is controlling the fight.

again, Belal does deserve a title shot but i will not ever be convinced that he is exciting to watch, because he isnt.

Leon was basically in Belal's position not too long ago; a guy with a huge win streak that everyone complained about for being boring.
he had his breakout moment when he won the title. maybe Belal will have a breakout moment when he gets a title shot?
Leon didn't have any top 5 wins though. Belal has 3.

his fight against Lawler was great; Colby set a striking record in WW that night i believe. lots of activity on the feet and wrestling.
his fight with Masvidal was great too. 5 rounds of nonstop GNP and takedowns.
and of course the two fights with Usman were constant action.

compare those to Belal's fight vs Burns. Colby, while not having much power in his hands, fights with urgency. Belal seems to know he's ahead and just coasts when he feels he is controlling the fight.

again, Belal does deserve a title shot but i will not ever be convinced that he is exciting to watch, because he isnt.
The Masvidal fight was dogshit. The Lawler fight was boring, although to be fair it was Lawler's fault for being washed and just standing there. You want an entertaining Belal fight watch him against Sean Brady.

The Masvidal fight was dogshit. The Lawler fight was boring, although to be fair it was Lawler's fault for being washed and just standing there. You want an entertaining Belal fight watch him against Sean Brady.
that was an early stoppage i thought. even when Belal got motivated and angry he still couldnt even knock Brady down. plus thats literally one fight youve named. ive seen Belal fight against Maia, Gilbert, Wonderboy, etc. theyve all been boring to the point where i found something else to do with my time while the fight was on in the background. all skill, zero thrill.
if he wins the belt, i dont think the UFC will be happy and theyll try to set him up with a bad stylistic matchup or a fighter they want to push (im thinking Shavkat).

I really don't get the hate tbh. He is a good fighter. He stays active. Solid resume.

I feel like it's mostly Covington fans trolling
He’s the most naturally uninteresting person or fighter on the roster. Dull, dull, dull.

Colby is always in barnburners whereas Belal needs to have his nickname be "Remember The Name" because he is so unremarkable as a fighter and person.

i'm very much in the camp of MMA being a sport first and a spectacle/entertainment second, but Belal really makes me appreciate the entertainment side of things.

Colby is the KING of Barnburners!

I'm sure he's a nice fella.
Seems the type to take care of his parents.
I respect that.

Damn right he deserves more respect on the name no one remembers when it comes to title shots, especially when the UFC throws every speed bump fighter they place in front of him. He's a strong fighter that deserves his shot regardless of his non-existent brand.

Jon fitch 2.0

very talented and can give anyone at 170 trouble. but he's boring. soooooo dana doesn't like him and a lot of fans don't like him. but he's got my respect

I really don't get the hate tbh. He is a good fighter. He stays active. Solid resume.

I feel like it's mostly Covington fans trolling

He doesn't fight that's the issue. I love grappling, I have no issues with someone grinding someone out on the ground for and entire fight, but you have to actually throw shots or attempt subs with a chance of finishing. Belal doesn't do that. He does enough to not be stood up (barely) and never takes a risk to finish the fight.

Here he is punching Wonderboy so softly his head barely moves.

Back