Does Anyone Use Antennas to watch T.V.?

It isn't about cable it's about about old school T.V. through antenna.
My misunderstanding. So do they even do antenna with modern TVs or is it a tube? Hope Andy Griffith or Columbo is on.

My misunderstanding. So do they even do antenna with modern TVs or is it a tube? Hope Andy Griffith or Columbo is on.
Most of them look like a black sheet of paper that you stick up on the wall or they look like a small tower that you can put either next to a window or right by your TV stand

Very popular in my area since it's pretty easy to get all 4 of the national channels (Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS). Great way to watch sports since you get like every nascar/PGA golf event, 4 NFL games a week, 4 or 5 college football games a week, Tennis grand slam finals, UFC prelims for PPVs, weekly WWE all for just the cost of the antenna.

Like for example right now on antenna Sunday night football is airing.

616CI11wVzL.jpg

71epqjUB0pL.jpg

Your TV needs an ATSC tuner in order to make use of the antenna. I'm not sure if the law requires the TV to include an ATSC tuner in order to be sold as a "TV".

I recently learned RG-11 coaxial cable is superior to RG-6 because there's less signal loss. This might help reception.

I believe so, however, I dont use it. I use a combination of Apple TV + Channels + HD homerun

Apple TV because it's absolutely amazing, fast, and can play 4K without issue (my roku and other devices can struggle). Also have plex, so the Apple TV really does everything, local files, antenna tv, and streaming whatever you want via apple cast or whatever. Anyone can control it natively with the remote on their phone without additional app, and that's really amazing.

I have Apple TV 4K. How does it do antenna TV?

Most of them look like a black sheet of paper that you stick up on the wall or they look like a small tower that you can put either next to a window or right by your TV stand

Very popular in my area since it's pretty easy to get all 4 of the national channels (Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS). Great way to watch sports since you get like every nascar/PGA golf event, 4 NFL games a week, 4 or 5 college football games a week, Tennis grand slam finals, UFC prelims for PPVs, weekly WWE all for just the cost of the antenna.

616CI11wVzL.jpg

71epqjUB0pL.jpg

616CI11wVzL.jpg

71epqjUB0pL.jpg
I haven't had cable or any TV packages in about 23 years and just use internet moslty for fights, movies, and shows so this is almost culture shock to me. Thanks for the lesson.

I have an antenna connected to a network TV device that allows you to stream it to any device. I rarely touch it but it's nice to have access to local channels for big events like the Super Bowl, World Series and local news.

I do.
I have a four story townhome with a subtly installed antenna that has a good pick up.
Never had cable in the twenty years I've lived here.
I get great regional reception. Yes there are times when sports are an issue, but I'll take not spending the crazy amount for a cable package and use Netflix/Argh Matey anytime.
At the end of the day, we all need less, not more tv in our lives.

I didn't have cable TV as a kid. If I went from no cable to internet streaming and skipping cable, I suppose no cable would feel normal. The thing is my internet reliability and consistency is absolute garbage. I'd often have no internet, but cable is still working ok.

I'm surprised there's something for the antenna to connect to. Tech has advanced way past the portable radio antenna hardware.

TV makers are really stingy with number of HDMI ports. I wouldn't be surprised if they eliminated RF port and VGA port. The most recent computer monitor I bought several years ago didn't even had HDMI port.

That antenna in coax connection was made almost worthless when cable company stopped passing thru analog cable signal (QCAM?) and made everyone rent a cable box for each and every TV to watch cable.

I guess you can still use it to play original Nintendo NES, SNES, Genesis.

Back