Does anyone truly thinks Thompson deserved a W over Woodley in either bout?

Both of those fights were garbage, so who cares?

I had Thompson winning by a slight margin, but they were both bad fights

I re-watched their first bout earlier today and I simply cannot see how Wonderboy won that fight.

There should have been two 10-8 rounds for Tyron (1 and 4) and that alone would have won him the fight if you wanted to award Thompson the other 3 rounds. I think the only round that was clearly Thompson's was the 5th round and I think that was by virtue of Woodley being gassed from his work in the 4th.

Their second fight was a sham, where Wonderboy lived in total fear of being KO'd for the entire fight and pretty much threw nothing. I won't deny that Woodley disappointed me with his lack of output also, but somewhat redeemed himself in the 5th round when he folded Thompson like a deck chair.

Would the hardcore in you have ANY interest in them fighting a third time someday? I personally think that it will always go the same way, except Tyron may touch him in the right place one day and Thompson would be unconscious.

I re-watched their first fight (I hope you're not gauging your score based on the Flashback Episode) and this is how I scored it:

R1: 10-9 Woodley

R2: 10-9 Thompson
First 2 minutes clinch-Draw
Third minute clinch-Woodley
Last 2 minutes striking-Thompson

R3: 10-9 Thompson
First minute striking-Woodley
Last 4 minutes striking-Thompson

R4: 10-8 Woodley

R5: 10-9 Thompson

47-47 Draw

To answer your question, I don't think any possible score could have it a Thompson victory in their first fight; don't ask me to watch their rematch.

Tyrone should've got the W in both fights. Wonderbitch is lucky to walk away from that series with a draw

I don't think either of them deserve wins in either fight. And I don't think Woodley has deserved a win in years.

They should just give the title back to Lawler and we can all go on pretending this shit never happened.

WB could have easily gotten the decision in the 2nd fight. Tyron own corner were telling him that he needs a finish to get the win.

1st fight was actually more a Tyron win yet it was a ruled a draw..

In Thompsons last five fights four of them (McDonald, Woodly X2 and Till) have been amongst the most boring and timid showings in the Octogon.
Yet somehow he gets a pass. I don't get it.

No one really "deserved" to win either of those abominations.

They both deserved L's in those "fights".

Nope, even though I was backing WB the 1st time, Woodley took em both if only by virtue of being champ.

First fight was as clear a draw as I've ever seen in MMA

Second fight was so garbage that whoever lost has no right to argue they should have won

I re-watched their first bout earlier today and I simply cannot see how Wonderboy won that fight.

There should have been two 10-8 rounds for Tyron (1 and 4) and that alone would have won him the fight if you wanted to award Thompson the other 3 rounds. I think the only round that was clearly Thompson's was the 5th round and I think that was by virtue of Woodley being gassed from his work in the 4th.

Their second fight was a sham, where Wonderboy lived in total fear of being KO'd for the entire fight and pretty much threw nothing. I won't deny that Woodley disappointed me with his lack of output also, but somewhat redeemed himself in the 5th round when he folded Thompson like a deck chair.

Would the hardcore in you have ANY interest in them fighting a third time someday? I personally think that it will always go the same way, except Tyron may touch him in the right place one day and Thompson would be unconscious.

First round under no circumstance was a 10-8. Tyron didn't even get a legitimate takedown, Thompson slipped.

I'm not even sure the fourth round was a certain 10-8, Woodley largely did nothing but land a overhand right, and Thompson ended the round on top.

A Draw at best for Woodley.

Second fight, Woodley was even less effective, albeit so was Thompson. However, Thompson clearly won that fight. Was a robbery.

Woodley has gotten a lot of questionable nods from the judges, just like Lawler. Makes him a bit overrated in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back