Does anyone truly thinks Thompson deserved a W over Woodley in either bout?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I re-watched their first bout earlier today and I simply cannot see how Wonderboy won that fight.

There should have been two 10-8 rounds for Tyron (1 and 4) and that alone would have won him the fight if you wanted to award Thompson the other 3 rounds. I think the only round that was clearly Thompson's was the 5th round and I think that was by virtue of Woodley being gassed from his work in the 4th.

Their second fight was a sham, where Wonderboy lived in total fear of being KO'd for the entire fight and pretty much threw nothing. I won't deny that Woodley disappointed me with his lack of output also, but somewhat redeemed himself in the 5th round when he folded Thompson like a deck chair.

Would the hardcore in you have ANY interest in them fighting a third time someday? I personally think that it will always go the same way, except Tyron may touch him in the right place one day and Thompson would be unconscious.

Nah. Woodley beat the shit out of him twice and Wondersoy did next to nothing.

At present I would say there no meaning (or interest for that matter) in having them fighting a third time.

No.
Woodley should have won both fights.
The second was actually closer.

I scored the second fight 48-47 Thompson.

I like Wonderboy, that said if he'd showed more balls in those fights and the Till fight he'd have probably swung the decision his way. At key moments he can't seem to get aggressive. He waits for an opportunity and patience works out sometimes but top level I feel he's too happy going to a decision.

Def not the second fight, cant remember the first one that well because i was high as a kite.

tenor.gif

No interest in a 3rd fight, but first fight could had gone for Wonderboy 3-2, 10 point system comes from Boxing where they have 10 or more rounds, so there is chance to turn the score later, in MMA with only 5 rounds it should be 10-9 only imo, WB won 3-2 imo.

No interest in a 3rd fight, and i thought Woodley clearly won their first fight.
WB did jack shit both fights

Back