Does anyone still think that..

I sometimes like to leave the boxing discussion and visit my mma brothers up here and to let you all know that 10 ounces always beats 4.

But to stay on topic.
Yes it was a fluke. Weidman didnt practice shit and walked away with 2 bullshit wins.

well i'd rather get hit by a ten.

Weidman said he practiced the check because the leg kick was the only effective attack Silva had in the first fight. Weidman destoyed him both times

The concept in MMA of "anything can happen" does not seem to compute to alot of people

As well people to this day are still in denial about what happened

Does anyone think.....that threads that start with that subject "Does anyone think" is boring and old?

I do! Ugh...

well i'd rather get hit by a ten.

Weidman said he practiced the check because the leg kick was the only effective attack Silva had in the first fight. Weidman destoyed him both times

Klitschko in 10 ounce gloves hits 8x times harder than any mma fighter does with 4 ounce gloves.

Weidman destroyed him?
Come on man. That first fight was comical. Silva basically just stood there and kept waiving him in to try again as Weidman just kept throwing missing punches.
Yea he finally landed but it was just stupid.
Destroyed is the wrong word.

I like how so many people talk like checking legs kicks has been revelutionized and it is now meant to break legs. It's a freak accident every time it happens. It's like someone breaking their fist on their opponents head, except in reality 1,000 times less likely to happen. How many leg kicks have been checked before vs how many legs have been broken by checks? Do the fuckin math and figure out how likely it was to happen. I guess Krausse or however you spell his name intentionally cause the initial injury of Varner's ankle too.

Oh good

I was worried nobody would make this thread again.

I'm a Silva fan. But Weidman's got his number. Simple, Silva may be able to beat the majority of the 185ers, but he can't beat the Weidman.

And, by the time Silva's back anyway, Lyoto, or even Smeetor will be champ and Weidman will have lost to Mous as well.

you heard it here 1st.

Klitschko in 10 ounce gloves hits 8x times harder than any mma fighter does with 4 ounce gloves.

Weidman destroyed him?
Come on man. That first fight was comical. Silva basically just stood there and kept waiving him in to try again as Weidman just kept throwing missing punches.
Yea he finally landed but it was just stupid.
Destroyed is the wrong word.

No respect for anything this guy says anymore. There's a word for what you are experiencing sir, the word is "denial".

I recall Anderson's manager saying Anderson hurt his leg before the break, while throwing leg kick.

If that's true, it's hard to believe this is a 'freak accident'. What do you think is gonna happen when you put your finger into the socket a second time?

for it not to be a freak accident would mean it happens all the time in MMA, which is does not.

how often does someone's leg snap in half from a checked leg kick in MMA?? not very often.

Lol some folk are so petty. One guy makes a stupid thread and all the silva haters jump in claiming 'all' of us are still in denial. Quit banding us together with your retarded threads, ts

Silva's leg breaking on Weidman's shin was a freak accident? I'm just curious, because I've met a lot of people in person that still don't accept it.

I hear monkeys like bananas but I'm not really sure why.

"Still"? What has changed since the fight to change people's minds? Has Weidman borken many legs since then? Has his teammates.

All actions in combat sports have varying degrees of uncertainity in them, no matter how much people dislike to admit it, and this has far more than most. It's a flukey win. An extreme, unexpected and unlikely result from a very solidly performed techique. I don't see how people get defensive on Weidman's behalf because of this. He still has a rock solid win over Silva, and he was doing good in the second fight as well.

I understand that people want closure, but we'll never see the rest of how Silva-Weidmann 2 would have played out, and it's not that relevant. Weidman is the champ, Silva's reign has ended. Put an asterisk next to the TKO and move on.

huh? what's the other option besides freak accident, then maybe one can offer their opinion.

obviously he was looking to check it....cuz he did.

silva's fault for being a dumbshit and throwing it full force to a guy who already checked his kicks and injured his leg earlier in the fight.

show's how desperate he was. He was in over his head. He should stick to fighting the forrests of the world.

why should he stick to the Forrest's of the world when he beats everyone in MW apart from Weidman bad possibly Vitor and Machida?

it was just an accident. otherwise, it would happen all the time.

I like how so many people talk like checking legs kicks has been revelutionized and it is now meant to break legs. It's a freak accident every time it happens. It's like someone breaking their fist on their opponents head, except in reality 1,000 times less likely to happen. How many leg kicks have been checked before vs how many legs have been broken by checks? Do the fuckin math and figure out how likely it was to happen. I guess Krausse or however you spell his name intentionally cause the initial injury of Varner's ankle too.

Whereas I like how many people think things have to be expected or planned to be legit.

When a fighter punches someone in the face they never expect to break an orbital or jaw. But we all know there is an EXPECTED range of outcomes from nothing to KO to serious damage.

Only a shertard thinks somehow that a broken jaw or orbital is some type of freak accident that somehow lessens the win. Yes it is a rare outcome but it is also an expected outcome given enough punches and fights. Just as leg check breaks are rare and expected outcomes given enough breaks.

In both cases the goal is to damage the opponent. that the extent is not known prior does not lessen it when it happens.

it was just an accident. otherwise, it would happen all the time.

nothing in MMA is more frequent then a punch. Try to count the number of punches in a card and then count how many end in a KO.

is your view KO's are accidents because they happen rarely? What about when an orbital or jaw is broken which is even more rare.

Shertards do not understand what 'accidents' are.

If an outcome is expected, even if the frequency is rare, it is no accident.

We 100% EXPECT broken legs to occur in the future of MMA and only an idiot would bet against it. We just expect them as a rare outcome. Much like a grand slam in baseball or a no hitter or perfect game. they are not accidents based on their frequency.

It's as simple as this, kick checks are by design meant to block and hurt the kicker. Had Weidman NOT checked Anderson's kick his leg would not have broken.

Anderson's leg broke because of a tactical decision Weidman made to punish Anderson for throwing kicks, and his leg broke, like happens sometimes when kicks are checked. It's not that rare.

Back