Does anyone still think that..

Dustin925

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Silva's leg breaking on Weidman's shin was a freak accident? I'm just curious, because I've met a lot of people in person that still don't accept it.

Met BJ at the airport in Aidak last year, he was cool as shit.

Imagine how much worse the denial would be if silva was actually winning instead of getting his ass kicked again.

Of course not silly. Its obvious that Chris Weidman was looking to check that particular leg kick Anderson threw at that particular moment.

I mean hes even said that it was his strategy going into the fight in post fight interviews.

image.php

Of course it was a freak accident. Anyone saying Weidman trained to break shins is delusional.

Having said that, doesn't matter either way because Weidman was winning the fight.

Of course not silly. Its obvious that Chris Weidman was looking to check that particular leg kick Anderson threw at that particular moment.

I mean hes even said so in post fight interviews along with P4P Longo

obviously he was looking to check it....cuz he did.

silva's fault for being a dumbshit and throwing it full force to a guy who already checked his kicks and injured his leg earlier in the fight.

show's how desperate he was. He was in over his head. He should stick to fighting the forrests of the world.

Just what we need, another 20 page thread on this subject!

FWIW, Chris checked the kick with a known intent to block the kick and it always carried the potential of damaging Andersons leg. The level of damage was obviously unexpected but the win was absolutely legit

NO Wide man showed he has girth in his legs and snapped those skinny sticks. Expect Silva to do many calf raises in the near future to have big beefy meat sticks.

Jay-cutler-calves.jpg

can't snap that bruh

I didnt even know the UFC was still doing shows.
They haven't folded yet?

Same as punching a face and breaking an orbital or jaw. Just because you do not expect that specific damage from the technique does not make it, not legit.

It wasn't a freak accident. Silva kicked, The Chris checked it. For anyone saying "he didn't train to break his leg", you're right. I guarantee no one plans to do that in a fight. He didn't plan it but its not like he hasn't been trained to check kicks. That's basic.

In the "great" words of Gus Johnson, "These things happen in MMA."

It's so sad hearing people still whining and complaining about this. Get over it already.

He didn't train to break it but he did train to check it which broke it.

It wasn't a freak accident. Silva kicked, The Chris checked it. For anyone saying "he didn't train to break his leg", you're right. I guarantee no one plans to do that in a fight. He didn't plan it but its not like he hasn't been trained to check kicks. That's basic.

In the "great" words of Gus Johnson, "These things happen in MMA."

It doesn't even matter. The fact is, Silva had two chances to beat Christ Weidman and he failed. Never had Weidman in danger at any point in either fight and got dominated in both fights. There's nothing else to discuss.

I'm tired seeing the same whiny TS's creating threads trying to downplay Silva's losses and reading the same explanations over and over again. There's nothing else to discuss that hasn't already been covered a billion times on here. People need to except the reality of what happened and move on. Weidman broke Silva's leg by checking his kick. The end.

I sometimes like to leave the boxing discussion and visit my mma brothers up here and to let you all know that 10 ounces always beats 4.

But to stay on topic.
Yes it was a fluke. Weidman didnt practice shit and walked away with 2 bullshit wins.

Back