Does anyone still not accept Tyron as a great?

He's approaching the Hughes-level, and it's within sight.

GSP-level...still beyond the horizon :D

Anyone who doubts Tyron abilities is a fool I will start off with that right away.

However beating a hyped up Till does not further his legacy much in my opinion. Till had exactly 1 impressive performance and it was effectively a Middleweight fighting a shop worn Lightweight when he beat cowboy.

He beat wonderboy which is def a quality win but it was very close and Till came in overweight.

Till is effectively the Dan Hardy on Tyron's resume he should get no more credit for this than GSP got for beating Dan which if memory serves is not much, maybe a few more points since Tyron finished him.

GSP is and always will be far ahead of him.

Why do people compare gsp woodly can easily defend more than gsp he needs a few more and hes the new ww goat. And hes not hiding or ducking / picking his fights gsp has more boring fights... Tyron would murder gsp in the octagon hes a better wrestler and striker.

Anyone who doubts Tyron abilities is a fool I will start off with that right away.

However beating a hyped up Till does not further his legacy much in my opinion. Till had exactly 1 impressive performance and it was effectively a Middleweight fighting a shop worn Lightweight when he beat cowboy.

He beat wonderboy which is def a quality win but it was very close and Till came in overweight.

Till is effectively the Dan Hardy on Tyron's resume he should get no more credit for this than GSP got for beating Dan which if memory serves is not much, maybe a few more points since Tyron finished him.

GSP is and always will be far ahead of him.
Till is far above dan hardy... He was undefeated... And only woodly stopped him... Hardy nobody though he had a chance we he faught gsp we all new gsp would lay n pray a guy with 0 ground game....

Woodly out struck a striker who ran throught the division that everyone had beating woodly ..... Why are gsp fans so damn naive you guys were born yesterday... I understand. But woodley gets 100 times more credit for this fight then anybody gsp faught

Happy to see Tyron finally finish a challenger. However feeling like people’s opinion on Till’s abilities and accomplishments in the sport have tripled. He was undefeated yes, but let’s take it easy.

Hopefully Tyron fights again before the end of the year to build on this. Him vs Colby has huge potential.
I'd rather him fight Usman. They just stripped Colby, so it'd make more sense to make him work his way for another shot.

He’s definitely great!....but one of “the greats” I don’t know yet ? Few more big wins and finishes like last night and were talkin. He’s always gonna be pretty un popular IMO. Which is kinda why I’m starting to like him more lol

George had about 8 title defenses that were lay n pray or jab fests. Woodley has at least knocked down and/ or nearly finished his opponent in all 5 of his title fights in the UFC. Could you imagine a Prime Hughes vs current Woodley? Woodley would massacre Hughes on the first exchange.

Lay and pray?

look at how many strikes GSP throws on average versus tyron

Tyron definitely has significantly more power but he also paces himself accordingly and throws extremely low volume

Till is far above dan hardy... He was undefeated... And only woodly stopped him... Hardy nobody though he had a chance we he faught gsp we all new gsp would lay n pray a guy with 0 ground game....

Woodly out struck a striker who ran throught the division that everyone had beating woodly ..... Why are gsp fans so damn naive you guys were born yesterday... I understand. But woodley gets 100 times more credit for this fight then anybody gsp faught

The fact that you clearly did not read everything in the first post, you don't understand the comparison of the time, and the fact you think Till is greater than everyone GSP fought. There is no chance of any kind of meaningful conversation with you have a good day, won't be engaging in further conversation with you.

Anyone with reading comprehension beyond grade 5 I am happy to speak with even if they don't agree that only makes it more enjoyable to debate, you however not worth the time.

He is the best WW champ since GSP.

Gotta admit I was becoming a doubter and about to abandon dude but....

giphy.gif

48-47 Thomspon over Till, first of all. Second, Till had no business being in the octagon. He is #6 in UFC rankings and #7 on sherdog's and the only reason he's that high is the gift decision against Thompson and the UFC's push to find a new UK cash cow.

Now with all that being said, Woodley proved Till did not belong there. I think Till loses to ANYONE in the top 5.

George had about 8 title defenses that were lay n pray or jab fests. Woodley has at least knocked down and/ or nearly finished his opponent in all 5 of his title fights in the UFC. Could you imagine a Prime Hughes vs current Woodley? Woodley would massacre Hughes on the first exchange.

Hold your horses, Woodley's last 2 fights were some of the most boring title fights ever.

I don't deny his greatness though.

Tyron is an excellent fighter but lets calm down a little on his greatness. 4 title defenses with one of them being a Draw doesn't exactly scream greatness.

How many people have 4 title defences at WW?

Hes #2 alltime WW.Right now Bellator has a better WW division.Id like to see him against the tourneys top dogs.

How many people have 4 title defences at WW?

Matt Hughes had 2 title reigns with a total 7 defenses and he isn't even GOAT of WW with 7 defenses. You think Tyron gets that kind of respect with 4? And one of the 4 was a Draw.

Hes #2 alltime WW.Right now Bellator has a better WW division.Id like to see him against the tourneys top dogs.

I don't think he's even #2, not based on his resume.

Matt Hughes had 2 title reigns with a total 7 defenses and he isn't even GOAT of WW with 7 defenses. You think Tyron gets that kind of respect with 4? And one of the 4 was a Draw.

Hughes is an all time WW great. GSP is ahead of Hughes. But who else has 4 title defences?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back