Does anyone still not accept Tyron as a great?

Not a fan but i´m greatly satisfied he destroyd Till.

Let's calm down. This was the first good fight Tyron had in years.

His name throws people off. Tyron or Tyrone? He should go by Tyronee like Donald Cerrone and go get some fans!!

Hughes is an all time WW great. GSP is ahead of Hughes. But who else has 4 title defences?

GSP held the belt for a long ass time and dominated an era. Woodley would probably be #3 on total defenses behind Hughes and GSP. I'm not saying he is a bad fighter, Woodley is an excellent fighter but he needs more defenses to be in that conversation. If he wins his next one he will be tied with Hughes' longest reign of 5.

GSP held the belt for a long ass time and dominated an era. Woodley would probably be #3 on total defenses behind Hughes and GSP. I'm not saying he is a bad fighter, Woodley is an excellent fighter but he needs more defenses to be in that conversation. If he wins his next one he will be tied with Hughes' longest reign of 5.

#3 WW sounds like a great to me.

Not looking at resumes I don't think any other WW besides GSP beats Woodley more often than not.

Jake Shields is a wild card with no defenses but has wins over Condit, Pyle, Thomson, Daly, Robbie Lawler, Jason Miller, Martin Kampmann, Akiyama, Demian Maia, AND he beat Tyron Woodley.

#3 WW sounds like a great to me.

He's an excellent fighter, I have no arguments against that and I'm not a hater. Woodley's performance last night was dominant.

Jake Shields is a wild card with no defenses but has wins over Condit, Pyle, Thomson, Daly, Robbie Lawler, Jason Miller, Martin Kampmann, Akiyama, Demian Maia, AND he beat Tyron Woodley.

I think current Woodley beats Prime Shields though.Woodley just seems now to be using his skills with such precise precision.

I think current Woodley beats Prime Shields though.Woodley just seems now to be using his skills with such precise precision.

He's damn good. I don't deny it. It will be interesting to see who he goes against next. If its Colby should be interesting to see whose wrestling prevails. Colby won't try to out strike Woodley because he knows he'll get ethered.

Tyron is an excellent fighter but lets calm down a little on his greatness. 4 title defenses with one of them being a Draw doesn't exactly scream greatness.
Ali says hello to your bullshit statistics.

He's still not even the greatest in his weight class. Not even the second greatest, but he's getting there.

A great like pantheon of MMA whose name is whispered in reverence? No, and probably never.

You can be really good and not need a place at the table with Georges.

people blame him for the maia and wb fights being boring

the reality is maia and wb have created COUNTLESS boring fights just like that and with exciting fighters. They're to blame

He's good, but slow your roll, this was like when ufc hyped up Dan hardy as being the guy to dethrone gsp. Wolf tickets!

I don't think anybody thinks Tyron isn't a great fighter

but other than last nights, his fights have fucking sucked since he became champion. If he can continue getting wins like that, he'll have a legitimate following.
I agree with what you have said, Thompson 2 and Maia were very dull but Thompson and Maia have a habit of being in dull fights so I think they must carry some of that blame.

Tyron now has a solid resume. Maybe not as good as GSP but maybe edging out hughes

He's earned my respect as a champion.

I hope going forward he puts on more performances like that. That's really my only issue with him, or was, that he was putting on some snoozers back to back. He's toned down the whining, political stuff(not saying bringing that stuff to light isn't important, but it's not a way to present yourself or win any fans, people will just tune that shit out and not want to hear it) and has taken on all comers, there's really no reason to dislike him.

I've said all along the guy has the tools and the intangibles to be one of the most exciting fighters in the sport. Last night is an example of that.

On the topic of Till, his stand-up got exposed a bit, but the guys not even 26 yet. He's also fighting in a weight class that's too small for him. Eventually he'll move up to MW and he'll improve his game. 1 loss and to the best WW alive no less.

I said all along he wasn't ready for Woodley, but his grappling defense impressed me.

I agree with what you have said, Thompson 2 and Maia were very dull but Thompson and Maia have a habit of being in dull fights so I think they must carry some of that blame.

Tyron now has a solid resume. Maybe not as good as GSP but maybe edging out hughes

I don't think he's edging out hughes yet

if he actually beats colby then i would put him #2 at WW

Back