Does anyone still believe Jones is capable of competing with top HWs like Cain/JDS?

I admit, before tonight I bought into his hype. I honestly thought that if he put on some muscle, he'd be a formidable HW and his wrestling skills would allow him to dictate his HW opponents the same way he does his LHW ones.

After tonight, I can't imagine him being anything other grappling dummy for Cain or a punching bag for JDS.

Granted Alex is a beast, he's still no Cain Velasquez when it comes to wrestling and he lacks JDS KO power.

Both Cain and Junior would annihilate Jones.

Do you think Jones will weigh in at 205 pounds against Cain, TS?

BTW how did Cain do against that striking and grappling juggernaut known as Cheik Kongo?

Like I've said before when Jones makes the move he takes the HW belt. No doubt in my mind.

I'm a Jones fan but never thought he'd beat either of them.

But the Davis era is coming soon folks.

Do you think Jones will weigh in at 205 pounds against Cain, TS?.

No he will be forced to gain weight. Whether that is an advantage or not is anyone's guess.

BTW how did Cain do against that striking and grappling juggernaut known as Cheik Kongo?

He got rocked and still managed to dominate him for the majority of the fight.

Jones has neither the power nor the technique Kongo has in standup.

Like I've said before when Jones makes the move he takes the HW belt. No doubt in my mind.

Seeing as how he barely got by Gus......Alex is a beast but his wrestling skills are nowhere near Cain's and his KO power is nothing compared to JDS.

Jones would take guys like Barnett, Werdum, Cormier, Cain and JDS down as easily as he took Shogun, Rampage and Machida? He barely outwrestled Gus and Rashad so I have a hard time believing that.

Do you think Jones will weigh in at 205 pounds against Cain, TS?

He doesn't seem to have the chin or power.

His big tool (wrestling) also seems to rely alot on size and leverage. Something he will lack at HW. As glover said he doesn't try and go for take downs in the middle of the octagon (freestyle wrestling) he tries to back you down against the cage and clinch (greko). I don't think he is going to back down Cain or JDS. They will absolutely not fear his power...or his relative lack of power in this case.

Last edited:
Bones is the luckiest, "champion" in MMA right now. He won't be able to rely on the judges to save him against Cain or JDS, because he won't last the distance against either of them.

Alex made Bones his prison bitch, and everything Alex does, Cain and JDS do better.

no he cant. i think he'd get manhandled or ko'd by some of the top hw's, not only cain or jds

Back