Does anyone still believe Jones is capable of competing with top HWs like Cain/JDS?

IceAndFire**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I admit, before tonight I bought into his hype. I honestly thought that if he put on some muscle, he'd be a formidable HW and his wrestling skills would allow him to dictate his HW opponents the same way he does his LHW ones.

After tonight, I can't imagine him being anything other grappling dummy for Cain or a punching bag for JDS.

Granted Alex is a beast, he's still no Cain Velasquez when it comes to wrestling and he lacks JDS KO power.

Both Cain and Junior would annihilate Jones.

i never did..he's going have to put on a lot of muscle to face guys like Cain, JDS, ext..

WWE-Dean-Ambrose-Saying-Nope.jpg

Not me anyway... I think JDS especially is a real stylistic nightmare matchup for him and would destroy JBJ.

I always laughed at the idea myself

I think he could out wrestle/strike a lot of HW's

Cain and JDS specifically? No.

The answer is now, "both Jon Jones and Gustaffson would beat everyone at HW."

LHW has always been full of Small LHWs/MW's and I've known this for a while.
Tonight Jones finally faces someone of his size and has problems.

I think he'd still do alright in HW division, but Cain and JDS at the moment would put him away for sure.

Lol no. But i never did.

"B-b-but he's going to gain 10 pounds of muscle and be unstoppable! "

Tonight showed Jones wouldn't last 1 round with JDS or Cain.

Tonight proved that a big, though not exclusive, part of his success is his size advantage over his opponents. JDS and Cain would destroy him. If he went up to HW he might not even make it into the top 5.

no... the length and reach of jbj has now officially been proven to be a huge factor in his success. he can not hide that anymore after his bout with gusto. he can still beat a ton of hws and probably crack top 10, possibly top 5...

im trying to stay as unbias as possible, how the hell 49-46 jbj? gatorade! thats how!

I sure do. Jones is a natural heavyweight, and the heavyweight talent pool is much more shallow shallow than the light heavyweight one. Jones wasn't able to use his reach advantage against Gustafsson due to Gustafssons long arms, and much of his success is based on that. He will be able to utilize it against Cain though, Cain has a decent reach, but his arms aren't close to being as long as Gustafssons.

And Luke Thomas said he could hang with Cain.

Considering he should have lost his 205 title...no. he couldnt do a damn thing at HW

I would LOVE to see either fight. Junior could do what Gustafsson did, but better and harder. Junior would retire him.

This. I always laughed at the idea of Bones fighting Cain or JDS. The difference is, I really want to see it happen now. Just for the lulz.:icon_lol:

Make it happen, Baldfather! Throw the Big Dogs some Bones to gnaw on!:icon_twis

I did think he could compete but I don't think so anymore. Well I think he can be a HW and so could Gus but maybe not a Champ. I thought he could handle it but now no. But I do think he can be a good HW

Back