Does anyone still believe in Anderson Silva?

I think the old, ridiculously confident Anderson that could literally do anything is gone. You could see it on him in his 2nd fight with Weidman. He just didn't have the same aura about him. He looked human, like any other fighter. I think now that he's lost that supreme confidence, we won't see him look nearly as spectacular. He still has the skills to beat some of the best guys but I think without that confidence and his opponents fearing him like they use to, he won't have nearly the edge in his fights now.

i still beleive in silva, and would place $money on him to beat the weidman in a 3rd fight

Spider 4 life! will retire with the belt

I believe he can be a great 2nd Tier, or lower totem pole 1st tier fighter, still highlight KO worthy to be sure of lower level guys.

The most alarming part of that 2nd Weidman fight was when he got dropped from inside the clinch with the weird punch to the side of the head.

That scared the shit outta me.

But i think he still has it in him. I love him too much for him not to have one last run

I can see him having success at LHW, provided he can avoid wrestlers.

Not really. This was a major injury with a long layoff, and in fighter years, he's like 100 years old now.

I certainly don't think he can beat the top level guys, MAYBE some mediocre MWs.

I think the old, ridiculously confident Anderson that could literally do anything is gone. You could see it on him in his 2nd fight with Weidman. He just didn't have the same aura about him. He looked human, like any other fighter. I think now that he's lost that supreme confidence, we won't see him look nearly as spectacular. He still has the skills to beat some of the best guys but I think without that confidence and his opponents fearing him like they use to, he won't have nearly the edge in his fights now.
I think that could make him even better. At least that's what I'm hoping cuz it would be awesome to witness.

Funny how Hendricks fans insist he ran GSP out of the division. Hendricks lost, but he is champ now, nothing to be ashamed of...he is after all arguably the second best WW on the planet. Hendricks had one title defense and it was a harder fight than any of GSP's (including the Hendricks fight). Now Hendricks needs healing time. I can't wait to hear the Hendricks nuthuggers excuses on why he only fights twice a year.

Not a Hendricks fan, but he realistically should've won that fight. He was better than GSP that night and it's a shame he doesn't get the credit for it.

I would be shocked. Age, mileage, and a really nasty injury are all working against him.

He still beats a lot of guys, even if his speed and reflexes aren't there anymore.

Back