Social Does anyone see California picking a GOP president in the near future?

Ok. And where is this paradise you live in?

I live in California. In LA. And there is a homeless crisis here. But it’s not a 3rd world shit hole. If you’re gonna talk shit about my home town, at least let me know where you’re talking shit from
Name a place I could possibly be from that has the same problems. I've lived in NC, FL, NY, HI, TX and CT. NY did have a lot of bums, and so did Honolulu for the population size, but nowhere near California's, and I was on Long Island anyway, so that's where any of the bums are.

Actually California is in the bottom half of IQ/SAT scores, Northern California being at something like 30th place and Southern California being at 40th.

Where that is true or not is irrelevant because California is the powerhouse economy in the US. When compared against nations, Ca has the 10th largest economy in the world. Ca is also the most influential cultural entity in America and the world.

Blue States give more money to the Feds than they take in while Red States take more money than they give.

Name a place I could possibly be from that has the same problems. I've lived in NC, FL, NY, HI, TX and CT. NY did have a lot of bums, and so did Honolulu for the population size, but nowhere near California's, and I was on Long Island anyway, so that's where any of the bums are.
So you don’t want to say where you’re at now? Ok. I respectyour pricacy.

But there are 39 million people in California. 150k of which are homeless. That’s what? 00.39%?

All the expensive housing is in the metropolitan areas of LA, SD and SF. There are plenty of other California communities and towns where pricing is more affordable and modest, but nobody wants to live there.

So you don’t want to say where you’re at now? Ok. I respectyour pricacy.

But there are 39 million people in California. 150k of which are homeless. That’s what? 00.39%?

All the expensive housing is in the metropolitan areas of LA, SD and SF. There are plenty of other California communities and towns where pricing is more affordable and modest, but nobody wants to live there.
My mom is from Santa Barbara and we used to go there to visit her family every year when I was a kid, but they've all left now too.

That's a lot of homeless people, and it isn't just the homeless, it's that over 20% of the state live below poverty when cost of living is accounted for. At some point you've got to wonder where your money is going to have the highest state taxes, the largest economy and still have more people below poverty than Mississippi.

Where that is true or not is irrelevant because California is the powerhouse economy in the US. When compared against nations, Ca has the 10th largest economy in the world. Ca is also the most influential cultural entity in America and the world.

Blue States give more money to the Feds than they take in while Red States take more money than they give.
It is true, actually even worse, California has the 3rd lowest IQ of the states (I was on my phone when I posted the statistic so I misread Carolina and California):
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/average-iq-by-state -> California is actually 3rd from last in IQ
https://blog.prepscholar.com/average-sat-and-act-scores-by-stated-adjusted-for-participation-rate -> California 32nd in SAT scores

California has a large economy because of billionaire tech companies. As a result it has one of the highest wealth inequalities in the country, it is 5th worst in terms of wealth inequality in America: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_Gini_coefficient. I think California succeeds despite it's terrible policies, solely because it is a place in the US that has good weather and tech people decided to build up there as a result. I think most people have seen California getting worse over time and I don't think it will prosper as it has in the past.

Either way, my original point is that you made the false assumption (that I believe many people make) in saying that Californians are 'educated'. Far from it, actually. Which is scary given that they have the most electoral significance in our country.

Ca has voted for a Democrat every time since 1992.
Washington State has voted for the Democrat presidential candidate since 1988
Oreogn has voted for the Democrat presidential candidate since 1988

In the near future I don't see this changing. The West coast, excuding Alaska, is going to vote for the Dem presidential candidate everytime, for the near future.

The GOP can pretty much write off the 3 contiguous West Coast states, unless the GOP has a radical change in their appeal and platform. But if the GOP changes to appeal to these West coast states, they will alienate their Southern and Heartland voters.

You can’t be serious.

The demographics of California mean that they will never vote red ever again. After Biden has finished his term, the demographics of Texas and the rest of America will change to ensure a democrat supermajority ... forever.

That’s why the 2020 election is so important for the direction of the country.

My mom is from Santa Barbara and we used to go there to visit her family every year when I was a kid, but they've all left now too.

That's a lot of homeless people, and it isn't just the homeless, it's that over 20% of the state live below poverty when cost of living is accounted for. At some point you've got to wonder where your money is going to have the highest state taxes, the largest economy and still have more people below poverty than Mississippi.

Well one thing I know about Californians is that they really like this place and are willing to struggle if that’s what it takes to live here. With all the opportunities and possibilities, people are willing to struggle if they think there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

As for our State Taxes... honestly, after I finish filing and paying what I owe the Fed, and then my accountant shows what I owe the state, it’s always a relief... even a pleasure to pay what I owe the state

Ca is expensive because everyone goes there, because they generate a lot of money so have a lot of rich people. Chicago is expensive, NYC is expensive, Portland and Seattle have prohibitively expensive real estate prices. Desirable places are expensive. Just as waterfront property is usually more expensive than inland property.
You may actually want to learn about environmental and energy policy in California. People also want to live in places like Texas, but they don’t have laws prohibiting the creation of housing, or laws that restrict oil and natural gas use.

No doubt that the attractiveness of California adds to the CoL of Cali, but a lot, maybe most of it, is artificial in nature.

How about this not playing culture warrior? How about not pandering to Evangelical wackjobs? How about embracing California's cultural and religious diversity? How about looking forward to the future instead of promising a bunch of angry paranoid white folk to bring back the so called good old days? How about repudiating crazy shit like QAnon genius?
let the man suck on the duopoly's phallic region, clearly, he only wants his flavor of politics regardless of what the oligarchy will do

From what I hear about people being extremely unhappy about taxes and regulation, it’s possible in the distant future, but I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

You may actually want to learn about environmental and energy policy in California. People also want to live in places like Texas, but they don’t have laws prohibiting the creation of housing, or laws that restrict oil and natural gas use.

No doubt that the attractiveness of California adds to the CoL of Cali, but a lot, maybe most of it, is artificial in nature.

Zoning laws are outrageous in coastal CA.
Took my good friend years for him and his wife to turn their old garage into a home office. Between the permits and finding the right contractors it was quite the ordeal.

No. I don’t even see what a GOP senator can run on. Californians have made it clear that they’re apparently fine with expensive housing, energy, and plenty of taxes.

I don't think you actually need to run and win to be president. Our next president when Biden steps down will be from California.

source.gif

yeah, after the big earthquake removes the liberals.

Back