Does anyone honestly want to see Vitor Jones 2?

Vitor had one trick in his basket V JOnes and when it did not work he proved he had nothing more to offer in that fight.

A single trick does not make him Jones toughest opponent and it certainly does not make him his toughest rematch.

Despite wanting other Jones fights before another Vitor fight, I think it's worth noting that this has always been the beauty of Vitor (and I've never been a Vitor guy)...his speed and power gives him a shot against almost anyone at any weight class.

There's not too many guys out there like that.

Vitor vs Jones is a cool fight, i will very much see tis rematch. And i hope it happens, the fight between Jones and Chael is a waste of time and fight.............

I would definitely want to see a healthy full training camp vitor fight jones

While Vitor almost caught Jones, Shad is a much better LHW fighter and more of a legitimate threat. Vitor would lose to several top LHW's. I think Rashad would beat most of them, and I even think he could take Machida in a rematch. He went in with no rational gameplan in their first fight.

Rashad went into the first Machida fight with the same gameplan that Jones used against Machida which was to counter Machida's counter strikes. Unfortuntaly, Rashad is MUCH smaller than Jones and Machida closed the distance too quickly with his counters and Rashad ate big punches. Jones on the other hand, keeps a big distance between himself and his opponents because of his height and reach. Jones was able to back up safely from Machida's counters. Well, most of his counters. Machida did crack Jones pretty hard.

Still, Rashad offers nothing against Jones. Their first fight was basically Rashad standing at the end of Jones punches and getting rocked 4 or 5 times. Vitor at least made it interesting. I just don't see why anyone would want to see Rashad get a second shot over Vitor. I can see an argument for Machida. Machida had some good success.

I'd most of all like to see Hendo get his FIRST shot at Jones... ya know, the one he earned... before Dana decided, derp, lets give Chael a title shot.

Nope and I don't want to see Machida vs Tito 2 either.

UFC84-Machida-Ortiz-triangle.gif

A good hail mary sub attempt that lasts seconds sandwiched between rounds of one fighter outclassing the other is just not interesting rematch material, short notice or not.

I'm not opposed to some other LHW matchups with Vitor though. If he manages to earn a shot then I wouldn't be as opposed to it.

Vitor and Machida did the best against him.

Nope and I don't want to see Machida vs Tito 2 either.

UFC84-Machida-Ortiz-triangle.gif

A good hail mary sub attempt that lasts seconds sandwiched between rounds of one fighter outclassing the other is just not interesting rematch material, short notice or not.

I'm not opposed to some other LHW matchups with Vitor though. If he manages to earn a shot then I wouldn't be as opposed to it.

I think him and Glover at 205 would be fun

I still don't see how belfort beats jones, not interested

Not really and I don't want him to fight Spider either. I say he moves to HW and challenge Cain. :icon_lol:

I'd most of all like to see Hendo get his FIRST shot at Jones... ya know, the one he earned... before Dana decided, derp, lets give Chael a title shot.

I completely forgot to include Hendo in my list. That fight would be towards the top, though I think Jones is a nightmare matchup for him and would kill him, I still think he earned the shot.

As for Vitor or Rashad getting the shot at Jones, I don't think you can fault Rashad for his performance in the first match. At least he made it the distance, everyone Jones has fought, all the former champions, have looked like chumps. I'd still rather see Rashad fight again because Rashad is a better fighter. I'd put money on Shad vs Vitor even if he was a 3:1 favorite.

Not really but I wouldn't mind watching Jones demolish him again.

The only thing I want is Anderson to fight, I don't give shit who it is against. He isn't going to take a Weidman or Rockhold fight until they fight at least one more time to establish more bankability, so whoever he wants to fight, just let him so we see him again before late 2013...

definitely rather see it than Chael. Especially if someone explains to Vitor that throwing punches is a good idea in a fight :icon_chee

I'd rather see him fight Anderson, he was actually doing pretty well until Anderson pulled off that kick he never saw coming.

Well he came really close during that 1st round, and afterwards seemed REALLY disappointed with his performance, I think some of those body kicks gave him pause but he could have pushed the pace a little more, bring the fight to Jones... I don't know, maybe he has more to offer. I wouldn't mind watching a rematch. Just not right now.

Back