Does anyone else think this wasnt some huge robbery

This "I'm an expert because I loved Canelo's counter-punching" needs to stop. You aren't an expert or a better fan. You're probably just an arrogant asshole.

They were plodding, mostly glancing and medium power shots. They were not 12 rounds worth of head snapping, sweat spraying pot shots that are clear as day. That's why I gave GGG more of the close rounds.

It was a close fight. But all thing being equal, my tiebreaker is GGG moving forward, throwing more punches, setting the pace of the fight and beating up Canelo's arms and shoulders when he missed.

115-113 GGG was my scorecard but the fight could have gone either way. Anything beyond 115-113 for Canelo is absurd.

I don't see how Golovkin "dominated the fight with aggression." He wasn't dominant at all. He was getting outboxed.
They were each dominant at different points in the fight. At times Canelo's defense worked off the ropes and at times GGG was able to set up punches. At times GGG was working behind a jab and at times he was walking into punches.

Now that they've passed the feeling out process the rematch should be even better. Let's hope it's in May.

I score fights all by myself!

No idea what this even means. But it's cute to dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as a casual. So good job there, I guess.

will anyone else acknowledge that Mayweather lost to Pac and Maidana??

they be pushin floyd on the ropes and smashin his arms all night!

This is such a lame comparison. If you think Pac & Maidaina were dictating the pace and where the fight was happening in the ring, then youre a complete fool.

Thanks for explaining why I was right after making a snide comment.

And yeah, I think Golovkin is a little upset that he couldn't beat a former sparring partner. He's saying what he's saying because he's embarrassed.

Wasn't snide, and if it came across that way, I apologize. In retrospect I can see why it would be taken like that. But you are clearly favouring one guy in your interpretation.

What I explained wasn't an indication of Golovkin being unable to beat a former sparring partner, it's him doing his part to get a rematch (and using the term "sparring partner" in such a way to depreciate Golovkin's ability breaks both ways: Golovkin was waiting on Canelo for a couple of years and at 35, testing cleanly, he is declining and was still able to beat the younger A side with a judge that clearly has a history of favouring him). To have to wait on Canelo another year just won't favour the older fighter who is fading. And in truth, Canelo can rest easy because he got a lucky break. What does he have to complain about? Nothing. He got a gift on Saturday night. He fought a great fight, one of his best performances, but he came up short. Great fighter and a bright future, fought some great opponents, and I'm a huge fan of his, so I can be more neutral here than you are. You are unfairly biased.

Why would GGG be embarrassed after he beat a guy and then got jobbed by a bad judge? Frustrated is the word you were looking for. "Embarrassed" makes no sense in any version of the universe, unless of course you are prejudiced toward one more than the other.

One dumb bitch judge doesn't make the fight a robbery.

That was a great, close fight. I thought GGG won but I'm not ignorant enough to believe that it makes me have the only answer. I'm fine with a draw.

There were some swing rounds, and the 114-114 had slid one point over in one of those swing rounds we wouldn't be having this chat. I get where you are coming from, but another entire spot on the judges panel was consumed by someone who was asleep that night. That gave up an objective opportunity to score a fight that was competitive but, easier to argue that it was in Golovkin's favour. I think that becomes the sticking point. No one objects to the draw, even though that's giving Canelo the benefit of the doubt way more than giving GGG the benefit of the doubt, it's the absence of a third objective mind to appraise the situation.

Both fighters deserved that.

No idea what this even means. But it's cute to dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as a casual. So good job there, I guess.
What it means is that I don't depend on press row, Teddy Atlas or Antonio Tarver to tell me who won a fight. You didn't disagree with me, you told me some famous names that disagreed with me. Do I win if I name a couple of famous fighters who thought Canelo won?

if GGG won, then Maidana easily beat floyd

Pac too, to a lesser extent

floyd sucks! always hangin on the ropes, throwin one punch n shit

I really believed your theory, and then I checked the facts.

Floyd vs Maidana (1st)

Floyd had 52 jabs
Maidana had 36 jabs

Floyd had 178 power punches
Maidana had 185 power punches

Floyd had 230 total punches
Maidana had 221 total punches

In conclusion, Floyd had 16 more jabs than Maidana, and Maidana had 7 more power punches than Floyd.
Per total, Floyd had 9 more total punches than Maidana.

Golovkin vs Canelo

Golovkin had 108 jabs
Canelo had 55 jabs

Golovkin had 110 power punches
Canelo had 114 power punches

Golovkin had 218 total punches
Canelo had 169 total punches

In conclusion, Golovkin had 53 more jabs than Canelo, and Canelo had 4 more power punches than Golovkin.
Per total, Golovkin had 49 more total punches than Canelo.

You see the difference? Golovkin had much more jabs than Floyd. And Maidana had a few more power punches than Canelo.

Also, from what I remember, Maidana was more aggresive than Canelo. And still lost the fight.

Correct me if I am wrong. I am not an expert at boxing, I must mention that.

This "I'm an expert because I loved Canelo's counter-punching" needs to stop. You aren't an expert or a better fan. You're probably just an arrogant asshole.

They were plodding, mostly glancing and medium power shots. They were not 12 rounds worth of head snapping, sweat spraying pot shots that are clear as day. That's why I gave GGG more of the close rounds.

It was a close fight. But all thing being equal, my tiebreaker is GGG moving forward, throwing more punches, setting the pace of the fight and beating up Canelo's arms and shoulders when he missed.

115-113 GGG was my scorecard but the fight could have gone either way. Anything beyond 115-113 for Canelo is absurd.

I don't think anyone is disputing this at all when it all boils down to it

I really believed your theory, and then I checked the facts.

Floyd vs Maidana (1st)

Floyd had 52 jabs
Maidana had 36 jabs

Floyd had 178 power punches
Maidana had 185 power punches

Floyd had 230 total punches
Maidana had 221 total punches

In conclusion, Floyd had 16 more jabs than Maidana, and Maidana had 7 more power punches than Floyd.
Per total, Floyd had 9 more total punches than Maidana.

Golovkin vs Canelo

Golovkin had 108 jabs
Canelo had 55 jabs

Golovkin had 110 power punches
Canelo had 114 power punches

Golovkin had 218 total punches
Canelo had 169 total punches

In conclusion, Golovkin had 53 more jabs than Canelo, and Canelo had 4 more power punches than Golovkin.
Per total, Golovkin had 49 more total punches than Canelo.

You see the difference? Golovkin had much more jabs than Floyd. And Maidana had a few more power punches than Canelo.

Also, from what I remember, Maidana was more aggresive than Canelo. And still lost the fight.

Correct me if I am wrong. I am not an expert at boxing, I must mention that.
I think his point was that a lot of people have Golovkin winning via aggression and having Canelo fighting going backwards. That is what Maidana did to Floyd but Floyd won the fight. (Granted there was a substantial group who proclaimed Maidana won the first fight also.)

So you favor arm/shoulder punches more than Canelo's "plodding, mostly glancing medium power shots"?

I think thats an entirely laughable description of what Canelo actually did land, but my question stands.

So you favor arm/shoulder punches more than Canelo's "plodding, mostly glancing medium power shots"?

I think thats an entirely laughable description of what Canelo actually did land, but my question stands.

First off, I will admit...it was a poor description on my part. I should have stated that his defense was very good, but his transition from defense to offense (you know, the actual counter-punching part) wasn't really anything special to me.

And no, I don't favor Triple G's arm/shoulder punches more than Canelo's landed shots. In fact, I never said that. I simply stated that arm/shoulder punches seems to be a decent tiebreaker in favor of the guy who landed more punches and controlled the pace and location for probably 75% of the fight. GGG's defense is also the most under-appreciated aspect of this fight, considering he walked forward for most of the fight and ate only a couple more power shots than Canelo (Despite Canelo clearly having the advantage in hand speed and combos).

We didn't watch a counter-punching performance similar to B-Hop, Mayweather or Ward...regardless of how much the "hardcore fans" want to think it was. Volume is the tiebreaker in my opinion, whereas that same type of volume was mostly rendered ineffective by the guys named above.

First off, I will admit...it was a poor description on my part. I should have stated that his defense was very good, but his transition from defense to offense (you know, the actual counter-punching part) wasn't really anything special to me.

And no, I don't favor Triple G's arm/shoulder punches more than Canelo's landed shots. In fact, I never said that. I simply stated that arm/shoulder punches seems to be a decent tiebreaker in favor of the guy who landed more punches and controlled the pace and location for probably 75% of the fight. GGG's defense is also the most under-appreciated aspect of this fight, considering he walked forward for most of the fight and ate only a couple more power shots than Canelo (Despite Canelo clearly having the advantage in hand speed and combos).

We didn't watch a counter-punching performance similar to B-Hop, Mayweather or Ward...regardless of how much the "hardcore fans" want to think it was. Volume is the tiebreaker in my opinion, whereas that same type of volume was mostly rendered ineffective by the guys named above.
You said the tie breaker between your description of Canelos punches landing and Golovkins pressing forward were Golovkins punches landing on Canelos arms right?

So ya, you do favor them over Canelos punches. Even though Canelos punches were vastly more significant than Golovkins volume of arm punches.

And yes, Canelo was landing the head snapping punches in nearly every round. Stopped him in his tracks and backed him up on several occasions. WIDELY the best punches of the fight.

You're picking and choosing what you want to respond to. From my original post:

"It was a close fight. But all thing being equal, my tiebreaker is GGG moving forward, throwing more punches, setting the pace of the fight and beating up Canelo's arms and shoulders when he missed."

GGG landed significantly more punches. Canelo landed the sharper punches. The FOUR factors - not just one - listed above are why I gave the tiebreaker to the man WHO LANDED 40 MORE PUNCHES. It's not that hard to understand. Try quoting and/or rebuttling based on context, not just the 9 words you chose to give your attention to.

I gave it to Triple G based on my own scoring. So did a shit ton of analysts and former fighters. You gave it to Canelo. So did a few fighters and analysts. I'm perfectly content with my opinion, especially when factoring in the overwhelming majority that agrees with me. Call it another "tiebreaker" if you will.

It's almost as if always favoring the counter-puncher is the popular thing to do for self-proclaimed "hardcore fans". Get over yourself. A lot of people far more qualified than you, me, and anybody else on this board had GGG winning the fight.

Thanks for explaining why I was right after making a snide comment.

And yeah, I think Golovkin is a little upset that he couldn't beat a former sparring partner. He's saying what he's saying because he's embarrassed.

I don't know where this embarrasment should come from since Canelo couldn't beat him either. Everytime he planted his feet and traded punches with GGG he took the worst of it and had to try to outbox him again, which he did succesfully a lot of times, but couldn't keep the pace and arguably lost a lot of rounds because of it (and the fight in my opinion).

The embarrassment should come from Canelo really. He is in his prime years as a boxer, being the slickiest and faster he's ever been and couldn't beat this past his best, one-dimensional power puncher who has never been really fast and now is even slower. This draw definitely puts more of a blemish in Canelo's resume than GGG.

You're picking and choosing what you want to respond to. From my original post:

"It was a close fight. But all thing being equal, my tiebreaker is GGG moving forward, throwing more punches, setting the pace of the fight and beating up Canelo's arms and shoulders when he missed."

GGG landed significantly more punches. Canelo landed the sharper punches. The FOUR factors - not just one - listed above are why I gave the tiebreaker to the man WHO LANDED 40 MORE PUNCHES. It's not that hard to understand. Try quoting and/or rebuttling based on context, not just the 9 words you chose to give your attention to.

I gave it to Triple G based on my own scoring. So did a shit ton of analysts and former fighters. You gave it to Canelo. So did a few fighters and analysts. I'm perfectly content with my opinion, especially when factoring in the overwhelming majority that agrees with me. Call it another "tiebreaker" if you will.

It's almost as if always favoring the counter-puncher is the popular thing to do for self-proclaimed "hardcore fans". Get over yourself. A lot of people far more qualified than you, me, and anybody else on this board had GGG winning the fight.
Im literally responding to your word for word posts. You just dont like how it sounds now.

You say Canelo landed the more significant punches and that you value Golovkins volume of arm/shoulder shots because he landed more of them. Literally your exact words.

I dont know why I need to "get over myself" just because my opinion is different than yours. Sorry that I dont base my scoring on someone elses?

You yourself say Canelo landed the more significant punches, but I need to "get over myself" because I value those? Lol.

I mean, GGG won by like 2rnds max imo, but I could see someone saying Canelo won 7-5 rnds. The 118-110 is the only wtf, but if she had it 115-113, who'd care?

Like i said in another thread, i'm shocked by seeing so many people looking at it as a robbery.

Just a quick question: Is GGG super loved and Canelo super hated or something like that? I can't see any other reason for people to see this as a robbery. Most rounds were very close. I had Canelo winning the fight, but i can respect people seeing it the other way, because it was just that close. It really depends on what you value more in a boxing match. Quality? Quantity? GGG won in quantity, but Canelo landed more and better power shits in 7 rounds.

I don't know where this embarrasment should come from since Canelo couldn't beat him either. Everytime he planted his feet and traded punches with GGG he took the worst of it and had to try to outbox him again, which he did succesfully a lot of times, but couldn't keep the pace and arguably lost a lot of rounds because of it (and the fight in my opinion).

The embarrassment should come from Canelo really. He is in his prime years as a boxer, being the slickiest and faster he's ever been and couldn't beat this past his best, one-dimensional power puncher who has never been really fast and now is even slower. This draw definitely puts more of a blemish in Canelo's resume than GGG.
Not a blemish on eithers record.

I mean hell, I dont think folks would look down on either in the grand scheme of things even with an outright clear loss. Theyre both top tier fighters.

Im literally responding to your word for word posts. You just dont like how it sounds now.

You say Canelo landed the more significant punches and that you value Golovkins volume of arm/shoulder shots because he landed more of them. Literally your exact words.

I dont know why I need to "get over myself" just because my opinion is different than yours. Sorry that I dont base my scoring on someone elses?

There is no law that tells you what is worth more in boxing. It's all very subjective. I value quality. Significant punches. Not quantity. But someone else might value quantity. They see a guy throwing a lot of punches and they think that guy won, even though those punches didn't land clean or had very little behind them. I gave the fight to Canelo because he landed more significant punches. He landed a lot of shit that made me think "that shit must hurt as fuck". GGG didn't do that for me. Very active, pushing forward all the time, volume, volume, volume, but very few truly impressive shots landed.

There is no law that tells you what is worth more in boxing. It's all very subjective. I value quality. Significant punches. Not quantity. But someone else might value quantity. They see a guy throwing a lot of punches and they think that guy won, even though those punches didn't land clean or had very little behind them. I gave the fight to Canelo because he landed more significant punches. He landed a lot of shit that made me think "that shit must hurt as fuck". GGG didn't do that for me. Very active, pushing forward all the time, volume, volume, volume, but very few truly impressive shots landed.
My thoughts exactly.

Back