Does anyone else think Michael Johnson is going to be grappled to death tonight?

AndersonOvereem

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Michael Johnson is one of my favorite fighters but he has shown vulnerability to grappling in the past.

After seeing Dariush handle Jim Miller I am beginning to think MJ may have his hands full despite being the favorite.

How do you think it will go down?

I like MJ by decision. I'm a believer

He has really turned a corner in his career lately, I hope he keeps it rolling tonight I have this feeling he could turn into a title contender

I think Dariush can hang with Johnson on the feet long enough to get it to the ground and dominate on the ground.

If Dariush gets top control at any point in the fight I think he'll most likely finish MJ.

i like MJ in this one by keeping a good distance

Dariush has a very advanced approach that blends striking, wrestling and BJJ all together quite well so yes I could quite possibly see Dariush getting it to the ground as long as his striking is decent enough to at least hang with Johnson when needed.

I can understand why Johnson is the favorite but Johnson is pretty 1 dimensional so it should be a big advantage for Dariush to not have to worry about getting taken down while Johnson has to worry about defending both strikes and takedowns.

This is a tough fight for MJ and I have Dariush winning this one.

MJ been subbed by lesser grapplers

Really like Dariush, and I would love to see the mini-Mousasi reach the Top 5.

Yeah, I've been surprised by the odds I've gotten for Dariush tonight so I'm hoping so. Some money to be made tonight for sure.

I won't be surprised if Johnson is dragged into the depth and drown. That said, I feel the Jim Miller win isn't any more impressive than the Lauzon or Tibau victories Johnson has.

This was a bout that I couldn't lay money on because I can see it going almost any direction. For some reason I like Johnson in it (Lauzon, Tibau, Barboza, Ferguson victories), but Dariush is a real tough stylistic match-up.

I think if MJ wins he should get the next title shot after cerrone vs rfd

No, I am not sold on Dariush. He beat Cruickshank who is practically cut now and Jim Miller who has noticeably declined over the last 3 years (and always struggled with good grapplers, see the Bocek fight when Miller was still in his prime). Remember, Miller was the only fighter Pat Healy was able to beat in his UFC career and he stopped him at that.

Dariush is obviously an excellent grappler but I feel he has become a bit overrated based on some favourable matchmaking. Johnson has looked outstanding as of late and imo, he is going to finish Dariush early and then likely face Khabib in a title eliminator.

Johnson TKO Round #1

Michael Johnson is really mobile and has a good understanding of distance-control, which could be a problem for a rather plodding and methodical Dariush.

Still, rooting for the humble Assyrian.

i'd say there is a decent chance...

No, I am not sold on Dariush. He beat Cruickshank who is practically cut now and Jim Miller who has noticeably declined over the last 3 years (and always struggled with good grapplers, see the Bocek fight when Miller was still in his prime). Remember, Miller was the only fighter Pat Healy was able to beat in his UFC career and he stopped him at that.

Dariush is obviously an excellent grappler but I feel he has become a bit overrated based on some favourable matchmaking. Johnson has looked outstanding as of late and imo, he is going to finish Dariush early and then likely face Khabib in a title eliminator.

Johnson TKO Round #1
He's beat some good dudes, including Miller on short-notice. I really hope you're wrong and Dariush shows off his astounding BJJ en route to a sub tonight.

Johnson TKO Round #1

I don't know about the 1stRnd KO, but I agree Dariush is overrated. His opponents are 18-25 in the UFC since 2012.

Back