Does anyone else think Michael Johnson is going to be grappled to death tonight?

I hope so, Johnson is good, but pretty one dimensional when things don't go his way. I think whenever this hits the floor, Dariush will end it in like a minute. Jim Miller is a much better and experienced grappler than Johnson, he lasted, but nearly got caught a couple of times.

I don't know about the 1stRnd KO, but I agree Dariush is overrated. His opponents are 18-25 in the UFC since 2012.

The 1st round KO might be a stretch but I think Johnson is going to be looking to make a statement tonight because he has been a bit lost in the shuffle lately despite being on a nice streak and I think he will make it. Dariush is pretty awkward in the stand-up and I think he will struggle to get a hold of Johnson. MJ has pretty solid footwork and will circle away constantly before eventually catching Dariush coming in. Just a prediction, nothing more

I don't know about the 1stRnd KO, but I agree Dariush is overrated. His opponents are 18-25 in the UFC since 2012.
He can only fight whoever's in front of him. His stand-up is not ready to bang with MJ, yet, but his ground-game is super legit.

Johnson has a wrestling base that should help him out he also has cardio for days

also Jim Miller is a shadow of his former self

Nope. MJ by KO. This is going to be easy night for MJ.

I think MJ is going to win this.. I don't think Dariush is overrated, but i do think MJ is a underrated.

I read this as Michael Jordan

I was vastly disappointed when I saw I was mistaken

I'm picking Dariush, he has Impressed me more and I think has a higher ceiling

MJ's tdd has been really good lately. I don't think it will be easy for Dariush to get the fight to the ground. I'm rooting for Dariush tho, I love his skill set

I have a hard time seeing this fight being competitive because of how their styles clash. Both are very good fighters, but either Johnson pieces him up on the feet and uses his footwork and positioning to avoid the TDs. Or Johnson might get too tentative worried about getting taken down and backed to the cage (though he can box off the back-foot and the Tibau fight was a showcase for his TDD), or Dariush gets it to the mat and likely finishes the fight. Dariush doesn't react well to pressure despite being a pressure fighter himself, gets on his back-foot but has no craft there, covers up, or tries for a clinch. He doesn't have the durability or reacts to strikes as well as the other Cordeiro fighters like RDA or Werdum, nor their footwork or RDA's positioning, and he would likely get knocked out if he stayed in the pocket with Johnson who was some of the best work there in MMA.

But Blackzilians are really vulnerable to things like RNCs because of how they let their back get taken when they try to get back to their feet. And Dariush is the best grappler Johnson will have faced by a margin, imo. He has crafty wrestling and a cerebral approach to getting TDs mixing with his grappling. And his grappling is at a very high level, could legit compete at ADCC or Metamoris, dude gave Kron Gracie a tough match a couple years ago (swept him and Kron couldn't pass his guard). He was dancing in Ferreira's guard and dominated Jim Miller on the ground for the most part as well. But Dariush is inferior physically in almost every department. It's an interesting match-up because one guy's strength is the other guy's exact glaring weakness and vice-versa.

Last edited:
Always rooted for MJ since TUF and when he lost to brookins I was dissapointed because he was my pick but realły showed he was the true winner, war Johnson!

Back