• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone consider Rory Macdonald Undefeated

He lost to Carlos Condit.

The debate is pointless.

In a rematch, I can't say for sure how it would go. I am certain Rory has learned a great deal since then, but Carlos has no quit in him.

I like both fighters and if I ever get to see that rematch I hope it is while one of them is the UFC champion and it really means something.

I hardly think "just about everyone" considers him still undefeated. Condit hit him and hit him some more and the ref stopped the fight. Rory was getting hit in the face again and again and not doing anything productive about it. Rory himself said it was a "just stoppage" immediately post-fight, so I suppose he disagrees with you.

But he didn't know what he was talking about, right? He was probably just shaken from the ineffective and pitter patter gnp that Condit was working with.

Why at that moment?

I've watched the fight recently, and MacDonald wasn't in any worst shape with 6 seconds left than with 2 minutes left. Same exact situation, not worst, not better. So why suddenly stop it with 6 seconds left?

I can't see it as an early stoppage, but if you let it go for 3 minutes, it doesn't make sense to suddenly stop it when MacDonald is still defending (poorly) in the same way.

Because he had been getting hit in the face for 2 minutes.

Rory was a complete mess when they stopped that fight. Couldn't walk or stand properly and was mumbling his words in the post fight interview. He's not undefeated and that will be further reinforced tomorrow night.

I think just about everyone still considers Rory Mac undefeated, Including myself if you look at the Condit Macdonald fight you would know that it was one of the worst referee stoppages ever. Anyone else agree.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

No. He got stopped. He was winning early, then faded and got squashed. He got beaten retarded until he could not continue, and did not protest the stoppage.

Y U sew mAd doe?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

No. He got stopped. He was winning early, then faded and got squashed. He got beaten retarded until he could not continue, and did not protest the stoppage.

Y U sew mAd doe?

I Suggest you watch the fight again and then get back to me, It was a horrible stoppage by the ref with 6 secs remaining. I don't know how anyone can say it was not a bad stoppage. MacDonald weathered the late storm & got screwed over.

I Suggest you watch the fight again and then get back to me, It was a horrible stoppage by the ref with 6 secs remaining. I don't know how anyone can say it was not a bad stoppage. MacDonald weathered the late storm & got screwed over.

LOL ok, homer. Anyways, back to a relevant statement: even several of Rory's fans in this thread have said this is ridiculous, that he was done and beaten stupid. But by all means, cry more about your countryman not being able to finish what he started, and resultingly getting smashed out of the fight, with his back on the mat and his face looking like he kissed a charging triceratops.

Maybe someone will believe you, but the VAST majority understand that your position is asinine and irrelevant.

No

rory-macdonald-carlos-condit-2010-6-12-23-10-9.jpg

]

TKO'd by Carlos and teabagged by ref.. poor Rory.

bad stoppage though.. Carlos was lying on him when Ref jumped in, mind you Condit was lying on him due to exhaustion from beating Rory relentlessly..

Even if you don't want to count it as a loss, he will have a legit one tomorrow night. :icon_twis

you can't lose a fight and stay undefeated, just don't work that way.

hahaha God no
Rory has been defeated pretty fairly

No. The rules are there for a reason, any ref that lets the fight run just because the other guy might win is bad at his job.

Also round 3 could have easily been 10-8 and Condit had the fight continued.

LOL ok, homer. Anyways, back to a relevant statement: even several of Rory's fans in this thread have said this is ridiculous, that he was done and beaten stupid. But by all means, cry more about your countryman not being able to finish what he started, and resultingly getting smashed out of the fight, with his back on the mat and his face looking like he kissed a charging triceratops.

Maybe someone will believe you, but the VAST majority understand that your position is asinine and irrelevant.
6 secs remaining if it were herb dean Rory would have got the W stop acting stupid.

Last edited:
Yeah, we call those people "delusional".

Disagree with the stoppage entirely. Yeah I suppose I consider him undefeated.

Definitely in the minority on that one, but that's ok.

I think just about everyone still considers Rory Mac undefeated, Including myself if you look at the Condit Macdonald fight you would know that it was one of the worst referee stoppages ever. Anyone else agree.

Does anyone besides me consider you a troll?

A loss is a loss is a loss. It wasn't even a DQ loss. Or a shitty decision. Which are both still losses. It was a legitimate stoppage loss.

He lost. Get over it. I know your vagina hurts, but get over it.

Back