• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone consider Rory Macdonald Undefeated

No, I don't consider him undefeated and you shouldn't either. The dude got the fucking tar beat out of him.

carlos finishes him, a finish is a finish and a loss is a loss. get over it. everyone loses.

JJ and at one time Fedor (Pre-3 loss run) are the only two defeated fighters i know of that I considered undefeated, for obvious reasons.

I hope BJ kills this hype train tomorrow.

The condit stoppage was early but that doesnt take away the fact that rory crumbled when the going got tough.

Some of us don't understand the difference between mental-toughness and an adrenaline dump.

This is a stretch... While the ref could have let it go on for 6 or 8 seconds more (till the end of the round) Rory was getting smashed that whole third round.

If it was this ref:

kim-winslow.jpg

He'd still be undefeated, but then again he might of ended up with brain damage at the tender age of 21 or w/e he was.

I would have given the fight to CC even without the stoppage.

Yeah Rory got him down alot, but he didnt do any damage while he was there, Condit landed more from the bottom than Rory from the top.

And well, y'all know what happened when Carlos had top position.

Some of us don't understand the difference between mental-toughness and an adrenaline dump.

Going all out for 2 rounds and gassing/ adrenaline dumping in the third is a bad strategy.

I don't really like Penn to be honest, but the Rory hype has me wanting to see BJ knock him the fuck out.

I strongly disagree, The ref stoped the fight with 6 sec remaining not to mention Rory was absorbing the punishment all round & for the ref to stop it with 6 sec left does not make any sense. Also Rory stood right back up after the ref stoped it even condit looked shocked when the ref waived it off.

The ref's job isn't to count the seconds left in the round. Matters not whether there's six seconds gone or six seconds left.

No. Carlos whooped his ass in the third round. And although the ref probably COULD have let the clock run to a decision that rory would've won, he didn't...

Rory will get his second loss this weekend.

I wonder how anyone could (logically) justify saying that he's undefeated.

Nothing controversial in his fight vs Condit, very close first 2 rounds, 2 judges out of 3 gave him the first 2 rounds and would have given the 3rd 10-9 for Condit so he would have won a split D but thing is Condit was destroying him and before the end, the ref thought he was no longer defending himself intelligently.

He lost.

The fact that he was probably going to win a split D or that the stoppage happened near the end still means HE LOST.

He would himself admit it for sure.

The referee saved us from a bullshit decision win.Rory lost first 2 rounds.All he did was take Condit down and get elbowed

Rory took a beating for at least three consecutive minutes nonstop, he was completely gassed out. Correct stoppage.
If that's how ur undefeated fighters look like, shame on u TS.

The referee saved us from a bullshit decision win.Rory lost first 2 rounds.All he did was take Condit down and get elbowed

Not true, watched this fight these days again, and Rory was hitting Condit on the feet very often too, it was a pretty even strike battle to be honest.
And this is coming from a Rory hater (fuck this geek) and Condit fan, not joking.

Everyone who keeps saying Condit was smoking Rory on the feet and just getting takedowns, clearly doesn't know anything about mma or is just being lazy and not watching the fight.

The ref's job isn't to count the seconds left in the round. Matters not whether there's six seconds gone or six seconds left.

Why at that moment?

I've watched the fight recently, and MacDonald wasn't in any worst shape with 6 seconds left than with 2 minutes left. Same exact situation, not worst, not better. So why suddenly stop it with 6 seconds left?

I can't see it as an early stoppage, but if you let it go for 3 minutes, it doesn't make sense to suddenly stop it when MacDonald is still defending (poorly) in the same way.

That's just dumb. Rory clearly won the first 2 rounds. The bias is showing.

Back