Does anyone butt scoot anymore? How to beat the BS 101

Why are you complaining about the rules of a sport you don't train. IMHO if you refuse to attack the butt scooter in MMA you should be immediately dq'ed for being a bitch (but kicking and stomping him should be allowed)

Somebody has to complain about it and if this keeps up it will have no chance to break into the crucial American Market

I'm tired of seeing Americans get beat in MMA and for many THIS is their first introduction

Remember I have a special place in my heart for silly sport grappling rules that destroy the sports crossover potential to Street survival or MMA competition buttscooting is one of the biggest offenders in history

Last edited:
I'm tired of seeing Americans get beat in MMA and for many THIS is their first introduction

Muricans (Marty was born in Nigeria, but came over to the us as kid and was molded by a lifetime art of Murican wrestling) hold 6/8 male UFC belts.

He perceives the world as a fat wrestler.
He loves push outs and bellying out in freestyle.
He hates stalling calls, weight classes, being ridden when he turtles and fancy guard work.

Well i AM a big fat wrestler after all
LOL
Yetanother seems to REALLY be into fancy guard work

We are natural enemies

LOL

Muricans (Marty was born in Nigeria, but came over to the us as kid and was molded by a lifetime art of Murican wrestling) hold 6/8 male UFC belts.

And how do those American wrestlers do in international MMA?

Ben is your only hero

You are an American MMA Fanboy LOL

You get stood up in mma.

Or dq'd because you're getting beat

the guard is a losing position

it's a position for losers to survive the beating

dont butt scoot to guard

That's what losers do when they're trying to survive a beat down from a superior athlete

The best of bottom boi buttscoot BJJ

Last edited:
up until Ronda i'd never met anybody who came in to train because they saw cool Judo on TV, and now that she's retired it's been a while since her name's come up. Never heard a *normie* say Kayla's name despite the fact that she's won two gold medals.

i also encourage people who iwant to see more/any Judo on TV to try and sit through an entire IJF stream...i've been doing this for 15 years, referee, and i'd just as soon watch the mat highlights.

the IJF's streaming site is fantastic. you can click through different matches and they'll have the scores timestamped for you. you'd think they'd really start to push the ease of access and relative ubiquity of the internet, but boomers love their TV.

Internet video is the Saving Grace of these Persnickety grappling Sports in that finally super-mega Fanboys have an opportunity to really see the best of these competitions

Before the internet these types of grappling competitions got literally zero AirPlay in the United States

There is a slim chance that the internet could save grappling Sports from the Dustbin of History however as the internet becomes more and more corporateized and more and more spamed out there's a good chance that it will suffer the same fate as it did on television

The best of bottom boi buttscoot BJJ

I only see, bad grapplers who can't engage into a guard pass

Even if you get the takedown, most of the time you'll have to pass the guard afterwards, the guy is giving you a guard pass opportunity, take it and shut up about it.

Guard passing needs to evolve, guards are as dangerous as it gets, people are even whining about people pulling guard because they can't pass a guard.

Also in those videos there was some agressive guard pulls that gives you advantageous positions, mainly by Geo. Craig Jones was just straight up butt scouting though

I only see, bad grapplers who can't engage into a guard pass

Even if you get the takedown, most of the time you'll have to pass the guard afterwards, the guy is giving you a guard pass opportunity, take it and shut up about it.

Guard passing needs to evolve, guards are as dangerous as it gets, people are even whining about people pulling guard because they can't pass a guard.

Also in those videos there was some agressive guard pulls that gives you advantageous positions, mainly by Geo. Craig Jones was just straight up butt scouting though

The problem is with that kind of tactic you are going to get your head knocked into the next zip code in MMA or Street

The fact is grappling sports are supposed to be a direct analog 2 combat...its SUPPOSED to be a way to practice real fight tactics without being hit

Buttscooting is a stupid game

-5 points for buttflopping

Fix BJJ

Itn Not supposed to be a unique game that is contested in a very special way

If you watch the old Gracie Challenge videos the system was never intended to be worked primarily from guard that's a losing position

Show this video to any Layman and you will be laughed out of the room...

This will NEVER make it on American television or olympics

#BJJ FAIL

I'm not sure what the prizes are for the high level competitions, but other than making a living, what is there to fear in a controlled environment that one would embarrass himself with this scooting stuff? If you lose, you lose, but get out there and see what you can do. Life/death situation, embarrass yourself all the way to survival, but in a sport, take a chance, maybe turn your opponent into a highlight reel. Just a beginner here, so I'm not pretending to be an authority, but a casual observer.

I'm not sure what the prizes are for the high level competitions, but other than making a living, what is there to fear in a controlled environment that one would embarrass himself with this scooting stuff? If you lose, you lose, but get out there and see what you can do. Life/death situation, embarrass yourself all the way to survival, but in a sport, take a chance, maybe turn your opponent into a highlight reel. Just a beginner here, so I'm not pretending to be an authority, but a casual observer.

Why would I be embarrassed by sitting down? In the rulesets I compete it if the top guy runs away gets a penalty for being a cowardly bitch so we don't do the whole weird butt scoot chase.
As a competitor in no-gi I just sit down and the opponent usually enters the guard super quick and the jiu jitsu starts.

In the game of sport Jiu-Jitsu the BS is an intelligent tactic because they are not wise enough to punish the technique as a positional loss (score a takedown for your opponant)

the fact is Combat Sports are supposed to be an analog for combat and if you make your combat sport completely irrelevant for combat (with a silly point system that encourages butt scooting) you've missed the point....haven't you?

Jesus, butscooting is awful for mma, bmwilly because you can’t! You get stood up.

now, for grappling? Is another sport! So you want to buttscoot you are allow to and no one should be able to take points out of you, it’s grappling not Mma, you want to do mma? Fucking do mma not grappling then bitch about how is not street ready grappling what your doing and only because of that hour getting your knees torn apart

Jesus, butscooting is awful for mma, bmwilly because you can’t! You get stood up.

now, for grappling? Is another sport! So you want to buttscoot you are allow to and no one should be able to take points out of you, it’s grappling not Mma, you want to do mma? Fucking do mma not grappling then bitch about how is not street ready grappling what your doing and only because of that hour getting your knees torn apart

Combat Sports are supposed to be an analog for combat

that's the whole point

you can practice combat without getting killed

when you have silly rules and point systems that make your combat sport IRRELEVANT for combat...you've missed the whole point of combat SPORTS completely

Combat Sports are supposed to be an analog for combat

that's the whole point

you can practice combat without getting killed

when you have silly rules and point systems that make your combat sport IRRELEVANT for combat...you've missed the whole point of combat SPORTS completely

hmmm, like silly rules like playing dead Hoping for a stand up in wrestling? Or judo? bjj isn’t just a sport, it’s a martial art, which has different applications, one of those is the sport version, just like judo or wrestling, pretending you are doing something that is anything closer to a real life confrontation then other grappling arts by suppressing strikes is ridiculous. So if your fat ass can’t deal with people sitting on his ass and getting to your legs, then just do not play that game, and stick to Mma, where you can actually punish the other person for sitting on his ass, and not just pretend In your head “I would do that to you if you do this, so you should not be able to do x move”

hmmm, like silly rules like playing dead Hoping for a stand up in wrestling? Or judo? bjj isn’t just a sport, it’s a martial art, which has different applications, one of those is the sport version, just like judo or wrestling, pretending you are doing something that is anything closer to a real life confrontation then other grappling arts by suppressing strikes is ridiculous. So if your fat ass can’t deal with people sitting on his ass and getting to your legs, then just do not play that game, and stick to Mma, where you can actually punish the other person for sitting on his ass, and not just pretend In your head “I would do that to you if you do this, so you should not be able to do x move”

Yeah...just like the silly rules in wrestling and Judo (like crawling out for a magic "do over")

Combat sports are supposed to represent COMBAT

You missed the point and got wrapped up in the drama of the sport

(Just like most people)

My grappling is 100% based on MMA

silly techniques that ignore getting HIT are antithetical to the whole point of combat sports

I dont use them

My focus is ALWAYS on grappling and striking

You sound like one of the guys that blame strength for your losses

In the game of sport Jiu-Jitsu the BS is an intelligent tactic because they are not wise enough to punish the technique as a positional loss (score a takedown for your opponant)

the fact is Combat Sports are supposed to be an analog for combat and if you make your combat sport completely irrelevant for combat (with a silly point system that encourages butt scooting) you've missed the point....haven't you?
I used to feel this way, now I'm not so sure. BJJ doesn't necessarily have to precisely replicate the ground portion of MMA for it to be valuable. For example - among all the grappling arts, BJJ may be best known for its guard work and teaching guys how to fight from what are typically seen as disadvantageous positions, not because it's a good idea to be there but because if you find yourself there it's good to be skilled from those positions. Hence BJJ values and emphasizes guardwork, and has a ruleset that allows people to really hone in on the guard. If BJJ were to de-emphasize the guard, I wonder if actually it would become less applicable for MMA fighters to train in BJJ - right now they do it largely for submission defense, and to learn some basic guardwork, particularly closed and half guard; to get good at takedowns and top control/GNP I think most of them do MMA-specific training and some wrestling-specific cross training. In some ways, specialized arts are actually more valuable for that reason - a lot of them will also train boxing with specialized boxers, TKD or Muay Thai, etc.

Submissions wrestling on the other hand often does try to replicate MMA a bit more - ADCC's ruleset etc. Even there you get some kind of weird stuff though - leglock and entanglements that would get you in a lot of trouble with strikes involved etc - and with the lesser focus on guard passing and sweeps, and greater emphasis on leglocks it's at least somewhat debatable which one is actually more applicable to MMA.

Back