• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone butt scoot anymore? How to beat the BS 101

they have, by knees, not soccer kicks, theres not enough time to time a soccer kick, and its call imanari roll for a reason, not imanari spin inst?

Take a close look at it...its a sit and spin move bro.

That's just sambo 101.

Like I said its b4 and durring not after thats headkick/sromp territory.

All good for "domestic" MMA

risky in soccer kick MMA

It's a "desperation" attack.

They would rather be getting in on legs from cross side...trust me

id think in wrestling it would get you pinned fast given your posture is so much lower not upright like in mma

Yeah you might but it's a "desperation" move and often catches the attacking wrestler off guard.

You only see it when a kid is getting thrown down as a last ditch counter...

We are starting to see more non standard "techniques" in folkstyle wrestling because of BJJ...

However as is typical in wrestling they banned it quickly.

Look I'm not someone that hates on guard pulling BJJ people in fact when judging at a big MMA event I scored for the guy that spent the entire fight in guard because he got numerous catches on his Meathead wrestler opponent whereas his wrestler opponent just scored three or four takedowns but did nothing else but throw innefective strikes while caught in guard

the BJJ athlete got close to tapping him about 7 times and didn't eat any heavy shots... several times the wrestler got Saved by the Bell while stuck deep in a triangle so I scored for the BJJ athlete.

In fact we all did and the wrestler was super pissed cuz he thought he had scored a ground-and-pound victory however the pound part was missing as the BJJ guy was as pretty as a prom queen at the end of the fight.

The big problem with BJJ is that it teaches athletes that they can dig for submissions without being worried about getting hit.

Of course not all BJJ programs are like this but most of them are.

Most BJJ instructors are not teaching their people BJJ for MMA

They're teaching them BJJ for sport BJJ because that's where the money is.

The fact that we're not seeing BJJ athletes at the top of MMA anymore is probably the reason we're not seen BuTT scooting anymore

Most BJJ instructors are not teaching their people BJJ for MMA
They're teaching them BJJ for sport BJJ because that's where the money is.
You have MMA classes and gym if you want to train that. I want to learn BJJ in BJJ classes not MMA groundwork.

Who cares about shit tier league soccer kick MMA?

the rest of the world,
And anybody interested in real-world scenarios

You have MMA classes and gym if you want to train that. I want to learn BJJ in BJJ classes not MMA groundwork.

Yes clearly but good luck finding an MMA gym.

In America 99% of MMA gyms are just BJJ gyms that use the wrong three letters in their advertising

no wonder Americans are falling behind in MMA...we don't practice any.

Wrestling kick boxing and BJJ do not equal MMA because MMA is its own style it's not just mixed martial arts as the name implies.
Shooto was around back in 1984

You can spend your whole life learning how to do an armbar without being punched but one day when you actually need it or you dare to get in the cage you're gonna be in for a big surprise

CAUTION (viewing these videos may cause confusion and anxiety)

Last edited:
Take a close look at it...its a sit and spin move bro.

That's just sambo 101.

Like I said its b4 and durring not after thats headkick/sromp territory.

All good for "domestic" MMA

risky in soccer kick MMA

It's a "desperation" attack.

They would rather be getting in on legs from cross side...trust me

Why would it take a closer look? Imanari roll is one of my main attacks...

Anyways what’s the difference between spin and roll?

no wonder Americans are falling behind in MMA...we don't practice any.

Henry Cejudo-UFC flyweight champion (American)
Max Holloway-UFC featherweight champion (American)
Kamaru Usman-UFC welterweight champion (American)
Jon Jones-UFC light heavy weight champion (American)
Daniel Cormier-UFC heavy weight champion (American)

<{JustBleed}>

Dunno, I think in this thread the women's heavy weight belt in soccer kick MMA in Rizin is what matters most. Gabi Garcia FTW

Last edited:
Yeah you might but it's a "desperation" move and often catches the attacking wrestler off guard.

You only see it when a kid is getting thrown down as a last ditch counter...

We are starting to see more non standard "techniques" in folkstyle wrestling because of BJJ...

However as is typical in wrestling they banned it quickly.

but youll see the crazy stuff in hs levels more than top ncaa matches

same with bjj mma youll see crazy subs happen but not at the top levels when you re fighting good guys

Why would it take a closer look? Imanari roll is one of my main attacks...

Anyways what’s the difference between spin and roll?

It's both a spin and a roll...im just messing with you.

But honestly it's a really effective attack as long as its a supprise however high risk in international mutch lower in domestic MMA

In sport grappling is pure genious...as long as your not confused about just what sport grappling is

<{JustBleed}>

LOL...theres a bit more math associated with the big picture.

The UFC is selling you a product...your not watching the Olympics

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/are-americans-falling-behind-in-mma.3894589/page-12

Dunno, I think in this thread the women's heavy weight belt in soccer kick MMA in Rizin is what matters most. Gabi Garcia FTW

Just don't pay attention to all those russian heavyweights... (pay no attention to whats behind the Curtain)

but youll see the crazy stuff in hs levels more than top ncaa matches

same with bjj mma youll see crazy subs happen but not at the top levels when you re fighting good guys

Yeah absolutely...the amateur level has amazing flexibility and often supprises with its entertainment value...always watch the prelims!!!

Great observation!!

Where do they fight where soccer kicks are legal?

South America and Asia

Pride was the most well known promotion that allowed full blown MMA...

American promoters quickly changed the rules of "No holds barred" and converted it into modern American MMA

The new rules banned all striking of a "downed" opponent with the foot, shin, knee or leg.

In addition to the kick/knee ban they also began stopping fights if someone took a few unanswered blows.

The new rules changed the contest AND it significantly favored the grappler and ESPECIALLY the American folkstyle wrestlers began to Dominate the sport.

the UFC very much wanted American wrestlers to win their Championships because foreign Champions are bad for advertising Revenue business

The fact that we are FINALLY seeing FREESTYLE wrestlers getting into the UFC will be very interesting as they have a history of largely beating the American folkstyle wrestlers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer_kick

I have 8 years of training and 1 working brain cell. If I pull SLX on a mofo, he's going down.

Pulling SLX is the shizzit.

I did mma for years before getting into the pajamas.

Pulling guard and fighting from the but scoot is fine for BJJ, it’s more than fine, it’s fun.

And while I would not start there for a fight it would certainly not hurt to know this stuff.

Butterfly, half-butterfly, seated guard, shin/instep guard, SLX, X all day mutha fucka.

:)

Pulling SLX is the shizzit.

I did mma for years before getting into the pajamas.

Pulling guard and fighting from the but scoot is fine for BJJ, it’s more than fine, it’s fun.

And while I would not start there for a fight it would certainly not hurt to know this stuff.

Butterfly, half-butterfly, seated guard, shin/instep guard, SLX, X all day mutha fucka.

:)

What are you training for?

What are you training for?

Do you mean what competition style or the deep down why?

Gi mostly these days / for fun and probably some more competition.

I have a fairly decent striking base (my original style is kb/mt) so I am not worried about learning some stuff that may not be as applicable in a fight.

Do you mean what competition style or the deep down why?

Gi mostly these days / for fun and probably some more competition.

I have a fairly decent striking base (my original style is kb/mt) so I am not worried about learning some stuff that may not be as applicable in a fight.

IMO gi training is ONLY good for fitness and law enforcement...never get involved in the "sport" aspect unless that's all you ever want to do.

it teaches TERRIBLE habits like pulling guard.

Considering real world scenarios you are ALWAYS better off on your feet or at least in a dominant grappling position (naturally)

Competition based gi training is absolutely worse than WORTHLESS for MMA it's actually dangerous

I would rather have a football player than a competitive judoka or BJJ guy to train for real world or MMA...however if they avoid the SPORT aspect then BJJ and Judo (same thing) are awesome

It's the rules of sport grappling thats the devil

Mt+bjj does not=MMA

Back