Does Aldo have Dana right where he wants him?

would you be surprised if this fight did triple the buys of a typical aldo fight?

if not, maybe you'd accept that mcg should be paid pretty nicely for the fight.

aldo will get a big raise for this fight because this fight will draw.

No I wouldn't, because casual fans are casuals for a reason and Zuffa is the evil empire for a reason. Yes McG will bring in the casual dollar and he should be paid for it, but Aldo is champion and that should mean something. McG has the full backing of the promotion with commercials and shows dedicated to hyping him. Of course he'll be a draw, but not on his talent or work alone. Remember that the right promoting had people believing Sarah Palin was a legit VP candidate, or that the pet rock was a legit pet.

Lol... Aldo is going to hold out on the 1 and only fight of his career that he actually will make a large PPV bonus on? Genius logic Sherdog.

Aldo needs to develop his persona, become bilingual and finish more fights for money problems to go away

Aldo has never done anything to promote his fights (at least in the countries that buy PPV's). He's finally got an opponent that will do it for him. I think he's very happy about that and should be.

Aldo the greatest FW champion, he deserves a raise, he is in the p4p rankings, he is risking his status and belt every time he fights, if he loses before a raise it definetly wont help, nows the best time

Lol what? No one cares about AldoAldo. If he plays hard ball Dana will drop his ass and give the belt to Conor.

Sure, lets solidify this ufc to what it has become, entertainment and a pseudosport. Lets add the scripts like in the WWE too, way more entertaining that way, these dull fighters cant come up anything by themselves.

Everyone likes conor, but dont fucking go all out retarded in every thread dude.

People like you are what's wrong with MMA.

Have you ever taken a basic business course? I am asking sincerely.

Because what he stated was very reasonable. A common problem people have with professional MMA is that there are business principles involved beyond the idea that better fighters deserve more money.

You need to be a bit more jaded, like fans of most professional sports are.

No I wouldn't, because casual fans are casuals for a reason and Zuffa is the evil empire for a reason. Yes McG will bring in the casual dollar and he should be paid for it, but Aldo is champion and that should mean something. McG has the full backing of the promotion with commercials and shows dedicated to hyping him. Of course he'll be a draw, but not on his talent or work alone. Remember that the right promoting had people believing Sarah Palin was a legit VP candidate, or that the pet rock was a legit pet.

it will mean something. it will mean he will have his ppv share and reap the benefits of what team mcg has created. mcg will reap the benefits of what aldo has built as a dominant champ. win / win. the winner will be in a new level of superstar.

Sure, lets solidify this ufc to what it has become, entertainment and a pseudosport. Lets add the scripts like in the WWE too, way more entertaining that way, these dull fighters cant come up anything by themselves.

Everyone likes conor, but dont fucking go all out retarded in every thread dude.

1. All professional sports are entertainment.

2. Define a pseudo-sport.

How in the hell does Aldo still not speak English? Does he hate money?

If McGregor is responsible for more viewers and more sales than Aldo, why shouldn't he deserve to get paid more?

Because he hasn't been a reigning champ for the better part of a decade.

1. All professional sports are entertainment.

2. Define a pseudo-sport.

Yes, to a degree, but as far as I am concerned they should try and keep being somewhat credible as a sport too.

You know what I mean, state of the judging, state of the rules, ufc's shenanigans etc. you know the issues as a regular.

Yes, to a degree, but as far as I am concerned they should try and keep being somewhat credible as a sport too.

You know what I mean, state of judging, state of rules, ufc's shenanigans etc. you know the issues as a regular.

1. All sports have ups and downs with reffing judging. MMA judging is bad, but not as bad as all the complaining would have you believe.

2. The only things that would be likely to delegitimize MMA as a sport are fixed fight and gambling corruption and the perception that the UFC and the ACs tolerate PED abuse.

Title shots awarded to fighters you disagree with will not be the downfall of the UFC or MMA in general.

I too believe Aldo deserves a raise, he is a dominant champion and in the top 3 pound for pound.

After that he should KO that leprechaun and take his pot of gold.

[YT]FxGrGea1RgY&spfreload=10[/YT]

EDIT: OMG look at 0:40, the amateur sketch eye witnesses made looks just like the GOAT.

It was probably a white midget hiding in a tree after a mob of black people come after him.

i don't think there's a dumber term than pseudosport. it's meaningless.

1. All sports have ups and downs with reffing judging. MMA judging is bad, but not as bad as all the complaining would have you believe.

2. The only things that would be likely to delegitimize MMA as a sport are fixed fight and gambling corruption and the perception that the UFC and the ACs tolerate PED abuse.

Title shots awarded to fighters you disagree with will not be the downfall of the UFC or MMA in general.

You most likely want your points addressed, so here.

1. Yes, there will always be controversies, in every sport. Doesnt mean the state we are in now is acceptable. Shit reffing makes it look like pseudosport to me, with no good standards or means to keep up with them.

2. Well in the PED department it has been a great fuck up, UFC backpedaling with their plans after the Cung Le incident. Who really talks about delegalizing the sport of MMA, I am sure MMA will stay as a sport, how credible one, thats the question in my mind.

I am sure most people just eat up what they are served and good for them. I just hate to see the shael sonnens get the title shots vs jon joneses and then get crushed like the undeserving challengers they are.

Then to some other issues.

For one ufc could decide what size of a cage they use, not just use the small or the large one when they please, make some clear weight class to divide the use. Not just randomly pick one they see fit at the moment and possibly affect the outcome of the match in a certain way, you have all seen the statistic with stoppages in the smaller cages.

Also, I complain a lot for not signing Askren for example, thats just bullshit. Doesnt really degrade the sport, but makes ufc seem to be more in the entertainment again, not really trying to make the best fight the best as they claim. This is more my personal issue with the UFC and their way of cutting boring, but top tier fighters.

I know its not that black and white, and money is always an issue in every sport, but UFC just makes MMA look like a circus sometimes with their PR and other shenanigans (yes Dana).

Who said anything about a downfall of the UFC? I disagree with lot of things that UFC does and what AC's dont want to do or dont know how to do. Doesnt mean its the downfall, just means it makes the sport look like amateurish shit with no standards in my eyes, hence pseudosport. Wannabe sport, where people dont really know how things work and ufc / ac dont have standard procedures and sometimes seems like AC doesnt even know what MMA is. And dont get me started with incompetent refs and lack of warning / point deduction control.

Too much text already, time to take a break from this shiat forum.

Aldo gets PPV points, Rogan basically said as much last night.

I really don't feel all that sorry for Aldo. He makes no effort to promote himself or his weight class, other than doing a decent job when he shows up to fight. But that does draw people to watch him.

He's actually lucky, the UFC is doing him a favor letting McGregor leapfrog others for the belt

Realistically how many ppv buys does this get? I'm too lazy to look it up but don't most of Aldo's ppv buys are around 180K-230K. Maybe this gets 300K-350K? Not sure how much Aldo can ask for? It won't be anywhere near jones vs DC numbers.

The PPV numbers likely kick in at the same threshold for Aldo or Jones, so if they sold exactly the same they would make the same PPV money.

Only thing is, Jones has a 500k base no win bonus, Aldo is 120/120. 120/120 is Cerrone money. Aldo needs a higher base.

Back