Does Aldo have Dana right where he wants him?

GordaoPreguico

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
With all the hype the UFC is going to give the next FW title fight is it time for Aldo to play hardball with the UFC? Aldo has been complaining about money for quite a while and though he stands to make alot of money off the PPV sales of this fight I wouldn't put it past him to ask for more. Dana and the UFC want this fight as much as they wanted the Jones v Cormier fight so they might be a little more generous in restructuring his contract. While I am always a person who believes that if someone signs a contract they should honor it I also believe that if anyone deserves a raise it is Aldo.

With all the hype the UFC is going to give the next FW title fight is it time for Aldo to play hardball with the UFC? Aldo has been complaining about money for quite a while and though he stands to make alot of money off the PPV sales of this fight I wouldn't put it past him to ask for more. Dana and the UFC want this fight as much as they wanted the Jones v Cormier fight so they might be a little more generous in restructuring his contract. While I am always a person who believes that if someone signs a contract they should honor it I also believe that if anyone deserves a raise it is Aldo.

I agree with you. Aldo isn't exactly a Cerrone , he would have problem not fighting for a long time.

Aldo should focus on fighting, his management should work the terms of the contract.... knowing very well they might shoot themselves in the foot if they aren't careful.

Lol what? No one cares about AldoAldo. If he plays hard ball Dana will drop his ass and give the belt to Conor.

Aldo just needs to train and concentrate on Irish Douche. He got an agent right? He's the one who needs to pressure the UFC for a bigger purse. it's not Aldo's job to do so

I was wondering if Aldo gets a PPV cut or something, they keep talking about how much money this fight will make him but the UFC signs fighters to contracts with a set amount of pay per fight

Some do get a PPV % but not sure if Aldo does. Either way I find them hyping a fight off how much money it will make very tacky

Gimme a break

Dana has Aldo right where he wants him. It's not a good look to have your champion hate the promotion, but from now on, Aldo won't dare ever to complain about money or media again.

Lol what? No one cares about AldoAldo. If he plays hard ball Dana will drop his ass and give the belt to Conor.

Conor cares about Aldo and he seems to keep mentioning him alot. Without Aldo there is no fight.

I agree with TS, Aldo is in the perfect position to demand better pay or refuse to fight. McG isn't even a legit opponent in a lot of ways. But I still won't be shocked if we find out McG was paid better than Aldo for the fight.

Realistically how many ppv buys does this get? I'm too lazy to look it up but don't most of Aldo's ppv buys are around 180K-230K. Maybe this gets 300K-350K? Not sure how much Aldo can ask for? It won't be anywhere near jones vs DC numbers.

I agree with TS, Aldo is in the perfect position to demand better pay or refuse to fight. McG isn't even a legit opponent in a lot of ways. But I still won't be shocked if we find out McG was paid better than Aldo for the fight.

would you be surprised if this fight did triple the buys of a typical aldo fight?

if not, maybe you'd accept that mcg should be paid pretty nicely for the fight.

aldo will get a big raise for this fight because this fight will draw.

I think if he played hardball he'd get Fedor'd. The Zuffa Machine would be endlessly pumping Conor and another guy or two, and Aldo's name would be lost to the general public. In 1 year, 10% of the posts on here would be how he was a paper champ and never fought anyone good.

Realistically how many ppv buys does this get? I'm too lazy to look it up but don't most of Aldo's ppv buys are around 180K-230K. Maybe this gets 300K-350K? Not sure how much Aldo can ask for? It won't be anywhere near jones vs DC numbers.

i think you're underestimating what conor / ufc / fox / sherdog have created here.

I think if he played hardball he'd get Fedor'd. The Zuffa Machine would be endlessly pumping Conor and another guy or two, and Aldo's name would be lost to the general public. In 1 year, 10% of the posts on here would be how he was a paper champ and never fought anyone good.

i don't think anyone is suggesting aldo retire, and he has no legal option to fight somewhere else. he can't get "fedor'd".

If McGregor is responsible for more viewers and more sales than Aldo, why shouldn't he deserve to get paid more?

Back