Does a McGregor-Diaz3 Tune-up fight make sense for Conor?

Reaction score
I don't care how good his boxing is, if a ring rusted Conor fight Khabib he would likely get slaughtered.

So does a fight against a familiar opponent make sense. Also consider that Nate hasn't fought in 2 years.

In the meantime Khabib could fight Ferguson or Poirier.

Is it really a tune up fight if you're 1-1 against the guy?

Conor career has been handled by kiddie gloves enough. Let's just watch the fireworks -- they're both grown men and professional fighters.

No ..... Conor can fight Diaz anytime for a big payday ..... Why Risk a title shot ?

You dont take tune up fights against someone that has shown he can beat you

A tune up fight against Aldo makes much more sense
Hopefully he can last a little longer this time to help Conor train a bit

I think you can make a clear case ring rust is purely a mental factor that doesn’t effect fighters like Cruz or KZ and most likely wouldn’t effect someone with the confidence of Conor

Plus Nate is hardly a tune up fight. Handily finished in the first bout and won a razor thin war the second? Please.

Thats one risky tune up fight. So would any current top 10 lw be. He's better off jumping in at the deep end and go straight for Khabib. A loss to a lower ranked fighter or Nate could put a serious fucking dent in his already declining rep.

Meh. I don't like all the childish antics that those two personalities combine to create. Fights are rather predictable also (Conor starts strong, Nate takes bit of beating, Conor fades, Nate starts landing volume punches). Would rather see fresh fights for each of them.

Fighting a LW on a 2-3 skid like Nate is definitely a good warm-up for fighting the World Champion.

That’s the fight you keep in your back pocket Incase you lose a couple. A nice payday to fall back on

<------------I think so. I DGAF what anyone else thinks about Nate, those 2 fights with conor are top 10 in the organizations history. I hope these 2 run it back soon. If conor should lose, this is the next fight to make.

<------------I think so. I DGAF what anyone else thinks about Nate, those 2 fights with conor are top 10 in the organizations history. I hope these 2 run it back soon. If conor should lose, this is the next fight to make.

I agree, those fights were awesome and if Conor loses this is the fight to make from a money and entertainment perspective

Khabib is his tune up fight. Dude went 25 mins with a inactive real estate agent who wasent even in the top 10.

Homie probably will end up in the hospital again trying to make the weight he wrestle fucks ppl at.

Back