• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does a brand new Dodge Charger impress you?

Richmma80

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
I have this coworker. He received workman's comp back in around 2010. This was back when houses were super cheap. Instead of buying a house with the money he bought two cars. He bought a brand new Dodge Charger and a brand new Ford Explorer SUV. This was back when you could buy a decent home for 50k.

Now, both vehicles are long gone. They started having issues and were getting too expensive to fix. If he bought a house then, it would be paid off by now. Now he's complaining because his landlord jacked up his rent again.

I remember him showing off his new Dodge like it was a BMW or something. That was a piece of sbit car. Started having serious issues before it even hit 75k miles.

I have this coworker. He received workman's comp back in around 2010. This was back when houses were super cheap. Instead of buying a house with the money he bought two cars. He bought a brand new Dodge Charger and a brand new Ford Explorer SUV. This was back when you could buy a decent home for 50k.

Now, both vehicles are long gone. They started having issues and were getting too expensive to fix. If he bought a house then, it would be paid off by now. Now he's complaining because his landlord jacked up his rent again.

I remember him showing off his new Dodge like it was a BMW or something. That was a piece of sbit car. Started having serious issues before it even hit 75k miles.
He should have at least made a downpayment on a house, WTF

As far as Chargers and Challengers.. let's just say Dodge knows their market well. They are catering exclusively to people who want big, bad, and loud cars. They look at stats on paper and think they are joining the elite class of car owners with their purchase.

What Dodge doesn't tell you is that a lot of the performance numbers they publish are mostly theoretical. I'm not saying they are unachievable, because they are achievable under very precise conditions. With all that power and without proper mechanisms to put that power to the ground these cars are routinely being outperformed by cars with smaller hp claims.

Sometimes when I'm bored I'll dick around with 0-60 times website and compare cars

A Challenger SRT8 392 from that era made 470hp and 470tq- yet it gets beaten soundly by a BMW M340i or Supra GR 3.0 (same engine) that only make 382 hp 369 tq. They are a full second faster to 60 and at least .5 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile.

Car and Driver has a comprehensive list of cars that have run their lightning lap at a raceway they use

Again, even the SRT8 models are performing similarly to smaller cars with smaller engines, like a Subaru WRX or Honda Civic Si or Toyota GR86.

Heck even the Charger SRT Hellcat on that list with a listed whopping HP rating of 707 is having trouble keeping up with BMW M240/M340

PYRHHf.gif

tumblr_ltw3su3pXJ1qlskhvo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Okay, so you've got a car
That don't impress me much
So you got the moves but have you got the touch
Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...

yes, better to invest that money into a home. but if you are dead-set on a car, i would have gotten a honda civic. some of the newer ones are pretty nice, and look just as nice as a challenger, if not nicer.

yes, better to invest that money into a home. but if you are dead-set on a car, i would have gotten a honda civic. some of the newer ones are pretty nice, and look just as nice as a challenger, if not nicer.
True..

I mean if he was dead set on getting a Charger he could have gotten that and had enough left over for a downpayment on a house instead of getting a second car.

People don't know that back around 2010, there were houses selling for as little as 40k in Las Vegas. Now the houses are approaching California-level prices.

He wants to feel superiority regarding his financially uneducated coworker.
TS should just have sex with him and get over with it.

He also failed to post a picture of the car.. This thread has been a shitshow.

that would also make for a better thread.
At least that would be entertaining.

Not really,
but still think it's a cool looking car,
and it's start a like 60k, so nothing to laugh at.

1716826477296.png

People don't know that back around 2010, there were houses selling for as little as 40k in Las Vegas. Now the houses are approaching California-level prices.
I lived in Vegas from 1994-2022 and there were no decent homes for 40k in 2010. Shit boxes, yes, but not decent, and by decent I mean in good neighborhoods with at least three bedrooms and two baths and 2000+ sq. ft. and two car garage. I bought in 2011 when the market hit bottom and paid 199k for a three bedroom two and a half bath 2462 sq ft in Mountains Edge that had previously sold in 2006 for 405k.

Lol at BMW's being impressive regarding engineering quality there's only one German brand that still has impressive engineering quality, it's not BMW that's for sure, pretty much after the late 80's to late 90's depending on the model they pretty much all become about perceived quality and not engineering quality.

Just look at the models still on the road, after a date the only classics are starting to just be the M cars and they even fucked that up.

A SUV isn't an M car..... They really fucked up the brand, give me a little 2002 turbo or 3.0CSL even the earliest generation 3 series, like the original M3.

Back